Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading V Charlton Athletic |3 December 2013|Preview, Views, Line-Ups and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    I'm giving up on Addicks predictions, who knows which team will turn up ?
  • Options
    2-0 Reading. A draw would be a very good result, but i don't expect it.
  • Options
    We have no chance in this one 2-0 to the Royals.
  • Options
    I think we'll lose leading us to a huge game against Yeovil. But then who knows, anything is possible.
  • Options
    5 or 6 to reading if were lucky we might get a thorw in or 2.
  • Options
    Knowing us we'll beat Reading and then lose to Yeovil on Saturday ...
  • Options
    I was thinking about heading to this one but I can't really justify it. Besides the more abstract reasons, I can see it being another game like QPR away where we hope for a 0-0 and fail. However, there were occasions last year we pulled it out the bag. Hopefully Stewart or Stephens can conjure up something special like Haynes at Leicester in March.
  • Options
    Does the shuttle bus from the station cost much/anything?
  • Options

Was dean chandler the fella who got done for drugs around the same time as lee bowyer or am I just going wibble(r)

That's right, it was at exactly the same time. Dunno whether they took the test the same day but the press reports at the time revealed that both Bowyer and Chandler had tested positive for cannabis, and the impression was that they'd been at it together.

Another Charlton/Reading drugs connection is that when Jamie Stuart tested positive for something naughty and had his contract terminated, Charlton claimed that he had recently been the subject of a £150k bid from Reading.

Think we had another drugs test failure around that time as well, can't remember the player, think he was a youth teamer.

As for tomorrow, certainly not the thrashing that some are predicting - I reckon an undeserved 2-1 defeat after the Addicks miss a host of chances. SCP to receive yet more unwarranted stick from various oddballs on here for his supposed lack of tactical nous in being unable to get a team of free transfers, loan signings and youth team graduates to play like Barcelona.
  • Options
    Bad vibe on this one. Worst deafeat of the season. 4 - 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

......... SCP to receive yet more unwarranted stick from various oddballs on here for his supposed lack of tactical nous in being unable to get a team of free transfers, loan signings and youth team graduates to play like Barcelona.

We need a striker. Why hasn't CP signed Darren Bent or Jordan Rhodes?

• Options
    1-1
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

MrLargo said:

......... SCP to receive yet more unwarranted stick from various oddballs on here for his supposed lack of tactical nous in being unable to get a team of free transfers, loan signings and youth team graduates to play like Barcelona.

We need a striker. Why hasn't CP signed Darren Bent or Jordan Rhodes?

Calm down, Oggy. Takeover not finalised yet. All in good time.

• Options
    I'd like to see Pritchard back in the squad and Wood in for Dervite. The Wood/Morro combo was brilliant. Pritchard will be a better option than Jackson on the wing due to speed and work rate. Harriott back on the bench please. Sordell needs to come off of the bench early in the second half if things are not working. NOT PIGGOTT!!!
  • Options
    3-0 home win and i will get pelted at work tuesday night when i go in, as its just up the road.
  • Options

3-0 home win and i will get pelted at work tuesday night when i go in, as its just up the road.

Where are you Chippy?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    2-0 Reading and Powell nearer the trapdoor...
    or
    1-3 Addicks a takeover celebration and Powell gets 18 months to prove his metal in the transfer market...

• Options

2-0 Reading and Powell nearer the trapdoor...
    or
    1-3 Addicks a takeover celebration and Powell gets 18 months to prove his metal in the transfer market...

Saying that of course just lumped £20 on an Addick win at 3/1, there's no fool like an old fool...
  • Options
    Harriot or Green for Stewart. Stewart needs a reality check on who he thinks he is and start putting in a shift and have no fear. His last two games have been one of the reasons we have lost one and not scored so many in the other. Church is the best we have but lacks something of a killer instinct for goal. In any game ; if stephens plays well then we do well so come on dale.
  • Options

Harriot or Green for Stewart. Stewart needs a reality check on who he thinks he is and start putting in a shift and have no fear. His last two games have been one of the reasons we have lost one and not scored so many in the other. Church is the best we have but lacks something of a killer instinct for goal. In any game ; if stephens plays well then we do well so come on dale.

Didn't go to the Doncaster game then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Church to get one at least as the curse of the ex player comes back to haunt Reading but I can still see them running out easy winners.

3-1 Reading.
  • Options
    Shuttle bus was two pounds a couple of years ago. takes 20/30 minutes
  • Options

Where are you Chippy?

tadley
  • Options
    I know Tadley, lovely little village, I used to work for a small, family run drainage company there called Ambar. I used to enjoy working around those areas until I had to go into Reading.
  • Options
    Reading unbeaten at home so anything here would be a bonus ahead of Saturday's 6 pointer at Yeovil
  • Options
    You can get just under evens for Reading tonight. That's big
  • Options
    Away fans' guide: Reading
    Posted: Mon 02 Dec 2013
    Author: Ian Cartwright

Read a guide for supporters making the trip to cheer on Charlton at the Madejski Stadium on Tuesday evening (7.45pm)
    Ian Cartwright reports

From one extreme to the other, the first of our two westward sojourns this week see the Addicks make the trip down the M4 to face Reading at the modestly-titled Madejski Stadium.

Whilst I doubt that the eponymous chap’s chum Cilla Black will be out for this one, tickets will be on sale on the night priced at £30 adults, £22 over 65s and under 22s (don’t get wound up) and £12 under 17s – interesting age ranges…

OK, let’s cut to the chase. It is out of town, next to a motorway, with a retail park surrounding it and the equally modestly-titled Madejski Hotel built in to the ground itself.

Admittedly Elm Park, the Royals’ former ground had seen better days but regular readers will know that these kinds of edifices don’t necessarily float my boat.

Having said that, as one would expect the view is good, the facilities are fine but just lack that bit of soul.

We are situated behind the goal in the south stand on the right hand side as you face the pitch. It is quite an elevated section so there is a climb from the spacious concourse, which is pretty much the same as the bulk of newer stadia, has TVs, bookies and a typical range of food, which is handy – more of which later.

The fact that we are quite high up does at least mean that a fair old bit of noise can be generated by up to 2,100 away fans in the section.

Oh yes, food. There are the usual fast food chains on the adjacent retail park and there is also a pricey restaurant in the hotel. There is also a Holiday Inn within walking distance of the ground – about 20 minutes or so – which does admit away fans and similarly there is a Wetherspoon's roughly the same distance away.

And that’s pretty much it. Unless you aim for the town centre, which is around three miles away where there are plenty of places – indeed the bar at the station is in my opinion one of the best on the rail network – there is at least alcohol on sale in the ground itself, again standard football stuff.

In terms of getting there, as I said the station is three miles from the ground itself. There is a shuttle bus but this charges around a fiver off the top of my head so a shared cab could work out as better value, although the roads into the ground do get clogged up, Reading is a ring-road city and the last train back is a bit of a tight squeeze in terms if time.

If you are driving the Post Code is RG2 0FL, although the ground is pretty unmissable as it is right beside Junction 11 of the M4 – basically depart the motorway here, follow the A33 towards the stadium which is well signposted and you are there.

There is limited parking at the ground and also quite a few industrial units, along with the old greyhound track. Whatever you do, however, don’t park on the retail park – now where have I heard that before!

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131202-away-fans-guide-reading-1211068.aspx?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=bufferc45fe&utm_medium=twitter#8vw3PYTbdYFKioxA.99
  • Options
    JT said:

You can get just under evens for Reading tonight. That's big

i agree seems a great price,
    then i looked at their recent form and they've only won 2 out of last 8, forest on Saturday and donny a few weeeks earlier

• Options
    My first away game outside London (even if just barely). Given our away performance hoping a score draw is on the cards, COYR!!