Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Pulis - [Edited: Gone]

Comments

• Options
    So two arseholes out of work then - good. Is it a coincidence that this news has come out just as Mackay was about to secure a new job, or has Tan or someone else been saving this news for a special occasion?

I suspect for Moody it was a case of resign or be sacked, possibly some credit due to Palace for turning down their first choice manager and getting rid of a very useful member of staff, although I suppose you could argue that they didn't really have any choice.

Anyway, back on topic, Palace look even more doomed now than they did last Thursday evening. I'm a touch disappointed that Mad Glenn appears to have turned them down, but Mad Tim should be more than capable of overseeing Operation Rock Bottom.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Assuming those emails/texts are true, which it is quite safe to assume they are since the Mail are publishing them so clearly, then i hope they are both banned from Football in this country for life.

As we have to start dealing with this very old fashioned apparent "Football Culture" that some people in our game still think is acceptable.

Not sure that it warrants a life ban but I agree it should be dealt with and the culture changed. Will take a long time though.
    Maybe a life ban is too harsh but those texts don't seem to be from two men who are going to change their attitude after a slap on the wrist, so do we really want them working in our game, when so many of us are trying to shrug off the reputation the football industry has in this country.

I love Football but when things like this happen it makes me embarressed and ashamed when we all know plenty of people in the game or fans, will think it is just banter.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

So two arseholes out of work then - good. Is it a coincidence that this news has come out just as Mackay was about to secure a new job, or has Tan or someone else been saving this news for a special occasion?

Maybe it's a coincedence, but the timing does hint at Tan biding his time until the opportune moment to make the allegations known. A day later and Mackay would have been Palace boss!
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

MrLargo said:

Maybe it's a coincedence, but the timing does hint at Tan biding his time until the opportune moment to make the allegations known. A day later and Mackay would have been Palace boss!
    if Tan had anything to do with the timing it would have been better to let Palace appoint Mackay and then release it the next day so Palace would have to then sack him. Much more fun all round.

• Options
    The more football anguish and pain suffered by those stripey bastards this season the better. Would of been great for Mackay to have been appointed though and then have to resign after half an hour!
  • Options
    Iain Moody has resigned as Crystal Palace sporting director.

It follows allegations about racist, sexist and homophobic texts shared with his former colleague Malky Mackay.

The pair were sacked by Cardiff City last season and the Welsh club sent a dossier to the Football Association alleging misconduct.

"In light of the events, Iain Moody has tendered his resignation and it has been accepted with immediate effect," read a Crystal Palace statement.
  • Options

Rob62 said:

MrLargo said:

if Tan had anything to do with the timing it would have been better to let Palace appoint Mackay and then release it the next day so Palace would have to then sack him. Much more fun all round.

The best outcome would have been if he'd been appointed, allowed to sign some players and then this came out on 1st September.

Now that would have been very funny!
  • Options
    Neil Lennon the bookies' new favourite, although clearly they've got no more idea than us. Steve Clarke would be a sensible appointment I reckon, although if the likes of Sherwood can turn then down then it's hard to imagine how they'll attract anyone of a reasonable calibre. Shame :-)
  • Options
    Lennon and those pricks deserve eachother
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This would be a good test for Lennon. It is probably as good a job as he will get for now but if he fails, which must be a possibility, he might never get another job at this level again.

Interesting times.
  • Options
    "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
  • Options
    If Pulis goes back it will be hilarious... annoyingly gives them a better chance of survival again but for comedy value right now I can live with that (they're still going down regardless)
  • Options

If Pulis goes back it will be hilarious... annoyingly gives them a better chance of survival again but for comedy value right now I can live with that (they're still going down regardless)

That would not be hilarious. They would look foolish, but they would stay up.

I'd be happy enough if they appointed Lennon, seen nothing to suggest that he is anything other than a very mediocre manager.
  • Options
    Third favourite now - in to 7/2
  • Options
    I wonder if he got a pay off and if he did I wonder if he will pay it back!
  • Options
    we should all lump a fiver on pulis, it would be a fiver wasted but it would shorten pulis' odds enough to make him the favourite and make palace look even more of a circus.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

That would not be hilarious. They would look foolish, but they would stay up.

I'd be happy enough if they appointed Lennon, seen nothing to suggest that he is anything other than a very mediocre manager.
    I don't think they'd stay up, but I agree their chances of avoiding relegation would definitely improve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Martin Jol will get the job.
  • Options

we should all lump a fiver on pulis, it would be a fiver wasted but it would shorten pulis' odds enough to make him the favourite and make palace look even more of a circus.

Nope. We should all lump a fiver on Carlton Palmer, Steve Wigley or Michael Appleton, watch their odds shorten drastically and then go and watch the panic unfold on Holmesdale.net!
  • Options
    Very Funny
  • Options
    When your on fan is taking the piss, it shows how much of a joke you are
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I cannot understand why United have not replaced vidic and Ferdinand, you can't win the premier league playing 3 5 2.

Oops wrong thread, but my point still stands.
  • Options
    Jack Cork set for Palace as boss search reaches a conclusion
    Wednesday, 27 August 2014

By Richard Cawley
    SOUTHAMPTON midfielder Jack Cork is set to join Crystal Palace - once they end their managerial hunt.
    The Eagles are understood to be down to two contenders for the Selhurst Park hotseat, their former boss Neil Warnock and Steve Clarke.
    Both men have been interviewed about the vacant post and Palace are set to name Tony Pulis' successor imminently.

And Cork, 25, is set to be the first signing made as a deal for the Saints man is already at an advanced stage.
    The midfielder, comfortable in a number of positions, scored for Southampton in their 2-0 win over Millwall in the Capital One Cup last night.
  • Options

Jack Cork set for Palace as boss search reaches a conclusion
    Wednesday, 27 August 2014

By Richard Cawley
    SOUTHAMPTON midfielder Jack Cork is set to join Crystal Palace - once they end their managerial hunt.
    The Eagles are understood to be down to two contenders for the Selhurst Park hotseat, their former boss Neil Warnock and Steve Clarke.
    Both men have been interviewed about the vacant post and Palace are set to name Tony Pulis' successor imminently.

And Cork, 25, is set to be the first signing made as a deal for the Saints man is already at an advanced stage.
    The midfielder, comfortable in a number of positions, scored for Southampton in their 2-0 win over Millwall in the Capital One Cup last night.

That's interesting, because Sky Sports are saying he is staying at Southampton

Southampton midfielder Jack Cork, who scored in the 2-0 Capital One Cup win at Millwall last night, is staying at St Mary's. That's the claim from Saints boss Ronald Koeman, despite Cork being strongly linked with Crystal Palace. The Dutchman said:

"About him there was a lot of rumours, but Jack is doing very well and wants to stay in Southampton"
  • Options
    Bollocks, was so tempted to back Steve Clarke when he was 8/1. Him or Warnock both sensible appointments but don't think either of them are good enough to keep them up.