Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Pulis - [Edited: Gone]

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking just the other day how depressing it was that they won't get relegated while Pulis is there. This season could be good.
  • Options
    bet that new signing from Liverpool is feeling great ,...............rumour is he has gone over transfer targets
  • Options
    Don't worry they are still South London and Proud!!! I think they could still stay up this year if they get off to a good start. Big if though? Not a good way to start the season though? And this season they might just not beat Chelsea at home again....
  • Options
    As I wrote on CL on May 6: "He might have a battle with their board over his transfer kitty this summer." I didn't dare predict he'd actually walk. What a stupid misjudgement by Parish.

Daily Mail thinks that, apart from Malky, the other option is Neil Lennon. As if the Nigels aren't loathsome enough as it is.
  • Options

I was thinking just the other day how depressing it was that they won't get relegated while Pulis is there. This season could be good.

I had this exact same conversation with the Missus the other day. Glorious news, its cheered me right up.

I reckon this'll also have the knock on effect of speeding up the next managerial sacking in the Premier League because, after what he's done at Stoke and Palace, Pulis' stock is incredibly high right now and whichever team starts slowly, the Chairman will be thinking "I can get Fix-It-Tony in for 'nowt and he might just about guarantee me another $100M in TV money next year".

Any Chairman with even a slightly itchy trigger finger will be finding it hard to resist the urge to squeeze.

• Options
    Neil Lennon is a great shout, I really do think he could become a decent manager in England.
  • Options

Tony Pulis has left Crystal Palace following disagreements over transfer policy. Official confirmation shortly.

• Options
    Got into office at beginning of my night shift. Was feeling a bit knackered already but having put Radio 5 on i immediately clicked on CL just knowing there would be a thread. Downfall. Demise. Capitulation. Sorry for their loyal fans? Not bloody likely ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Neil Lennon is a great shout, I really do think he could become a decent manager in England.

You have him then :-0
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Well at the moment we seem to be doing fine.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

RedChaser said:

Well at the moment we seem to be doing fine.
    Very early days Piggy, don't get too carried away with with a smash and grab away win against 10 men, courtesy of a wonder strike last Saturday from Mr Coke.
  • Options
    SCP is free, now he has completed his coaching tickets...., what a thought. He wouldn't would he???
  • Options
    Why are all Palace chairmen so arrogant,big-headed and ugly?
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Lets hope after 8 seasons and counting of them finishing above us some season soon we can stop this embarrassment

I'm a bit surprised people are digging Parrish out when he is clearly holding the purse strings tight, rather than spunking money up the wall that Pulis wouldn't give two hoots about spending and clearly wants
    some of these managers haven't got the class of a Curbishley who would accept the chairmans budget and get on with it

if he spunks cash they get dug out for overspending , if they're a bit frugal the manager and fans moan about it , lose lose situation

I think you're almost spot on about Parrish. Also, it was when Pulis got a few bigger names into the Stoke squad that he started to struggle. It's just that Parrish might have spent a bit more to keep his most valuable man onside, by way of a compromise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Some Powell fans really are deluded about how good a manager he is aren't they. No chance he'd be offered a prem job already.

Palace mate of mine who's dad used to be on the board reckons Malky Mackay.

f*ck has this been flagged for?!

• Options
    I agree Morts. Mainly shit players get over paid, don't do very well, have half a good season, and then want a massive bonus pool.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

Some Powell fans really are deluded about how good a manager he is aren't they. No chance he'd be offered a prem job already.

Palace mate of mine who's dad used to be on the board reckons Malky Mackay.

f*ck has this been flagged for?!

Haters just gotta hate :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I don't why he's leaving, or where he's gonna go,
    Pulis has got his reasons, but I just don't want to know
    Cause I couldn't give a s*** about what's going on over at Palace...

I'll let someone else finish that
  • Options
    Malky Mackay 4/6
    David Moyes 4/1
    Tim Sherwood 6/1
    Neil Lennon 7/1
    Glenn Hoddle 9/1
    Steve Clarke 12/1
    Gianfranco Zola 14/1
    Sam Allardyce 16/1
    Paul Lambert 16/1
    Billy Davies 20/1
    Chris Hughton 20/1
    Paul Ince 25/1 (LOL)
    Brian McDermott 25/1
    Roberto Di Matteo 25/1
    Tony Mowbray 25/1
    Martin O'Neill 25/1
    Sean Dyche 33/1
    Steve Coppell 33/1
    Iain Dowie (not sure if he'd be worse than Paul Ince??)
  • Options
    HandG said:

cafctom said:

Do you think Palace fans deliberately set out to be massive knobheads?
    It would have taken ages to select 37 different fonts... so I'm thinking yes.
  • Options

Really? I think he's rubbish.
    Agreed. I quite fancy my chances of managing Celtic. With some good coaches on my side I reckon we could win the title this season!!!
  • Options

Lets hope after 8 seasons and counting of them finishing above us some season soon we can stop this embarrassment

I'm a bit surprised people are digging Parrish out when he is clearly holding the purse strings tight, rather than spunking money up the wall that Pulis wouldn't give two hoots about spending and clearly wants
    some of these managers haven't got the class of a Curbishley who would accept the chairmans budget and get on with it

if he spunks cash they get dug out for overspending , if they're a bit frugal the manager and fans moan about it , lose lose situation

I think you're almost spot on about Parrish. Also, it was when Pulis got a few bigger names into the Stoke squad that he started to struggle. It's just that Parrish might have spent a bit more to keep his most valuable man onside, by way of a compromise.
    I take this point from you and Oohaah.

But how much have they spent in close season? And this stuff about the bonus pool doesn't seem too clever either.

Sure keep the purse strings tight. But surely you discuss this with the manager asap in May when you know where you have finished and therefore how much TV money is coming in. It shouldn't get to a public dispute in August.

But I am very glad it has. Glad all over, in fact.
  • Options
    HAHA so funny