Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Pulis - [Edited: Gone]

Comments

• Options
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in, can start dreaming of Palace doing a Derby this season now.
  • Options
    Who the hell Flagged my picture of Powell?!
  • Options
    If Malky goes to Palace he probably would be an Ideal replacement and could even do a half decent job, but that if he decides he can work with another joke of a chairman it would seem.
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Can't imagine many managers could guarantee safety for Palace, but Pulis was one who could almost do that for them. I can imagine virtually every other manager with them, and they would get them relegated every time.

It was an astounding effort to keep Palace up last year, but the truth is Pulis has had increased backing every season where he has been successful. That increased backing has not led to entertaining football. Palace needed 2-3 seasons of Pulis to stabilise in the Prem. I just can not see anyone else doing that.

I'd love to see Dyche succeed at Burnley to prove that some managers can succeed without spleening cash. Eddie Howe on the same resources looked to be dragging Burnley towards relegation. At least Dyche is too honorable and intelligent to take a Palace job: I hope!
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I bet matt_himself just shatt himself :-)
  • Options
    Expect they'll go for someone cheap-ish and desperate for another Prem job like Mackay or Adkins. Pulis did wonders with what was essentially a Championship squad with a few lower-Prem quality players.
  • Options

If Malky goes to Palace he probably would be an Ideal replacement and could even do a half decent job, but that if he decides he can work with another joke of a chairman it would seem.

Malky's a good manager, but he was struggling to keep a well funded Cardiff side up. Palace are a poor side, Pulis worked miracles last season. As long as Allardyce doesn't get sacked I don't think there's a manager out there that would be willing to go to them and capable of keeping them up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Protects his record for never being relegated from the premier league.
  • Options
    According to Holmesdale.net :-
    The bet was placed at William Hill this morning, because it is such a volatile market they only take bets of a max of £500, which someone did. Then everyone else has been receiving small bets on the back of the decreasing odds.
  • Options

Rothko said:

This is funny, they've spent nowt all summer, and Parish is turning into a parody of Jordan at a rate of knots

Why would Malky Mackay fare any better in the transfer budget discussion? Thats where he went wrong with the nutter Tan.

Malky Mackay would be better off working with the tanned nutter........

• Options
    JT said:

cafctom said:

JT said:

Who the hell Flagged my picture of Powell?!

Me. Now behave yourself.

What the f*** is that?
  • Options
    Powell pic wasn't serious for gawds sake, keep the abuse coming lol
  • Options

Malky's pal from Cardiff, Iain Moody, is already there as head of recruitment. He'd obviously give him a heads up on whether the tanned/toothy/wiggy chairman is as bad as Tan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More guesswork on Holmesdale :-

If true it's unbelievable and if Pulis doesn't want Zaha and gives Parish an ultimatum then I would much rather have Pulis than Zaha. Not even sure where Zaha would fit in tbh.

I'm making this up but putting 2 and 2 together (from possibly made-up and sensationalised newspaper articles) what could have happened is:

- Man U decided they don't really want Wilf yesterday
    - Parish loves Wilf and wants him back so has said he is going to bid for him
    - Pulis has said, "Hang on a second mate, you haven't really consulted me on this. I don't really want him. I don't like his attitude and he doesn't really fit into my team"
    - Parish has said "FFS Tony, he's a friggin legend. What are you talking about"
    - Pulis said "Ok, i'll have a think tonight"
    - Pulis has gone home last night to the south coast, gone down the pub, had some nobbys nuts and a pint of mild, had a nice conversation with a bloke basically saying, "I dunno what im gonna do mate. I dont want the kid. Parish isn't listening to me. This is umpteenth time we've disagreed on something. I'm not entirely sure how much longer I can carry on like this"
    - This morning, said bloke from pub has gone down the local bookies and whacked £1000 (or £500 depending on who you believe) on Pulis going next
    - Being such a volatile market, said bookies have picked up on this and gone "ay, ay, ay (they're scouse), hang the f*** on just a cotton picking minute. Somebody here knows something we don't. We need to drop the odds, so that nobody else 'in the know' gets their bet on and screws us out of loads of money". Then they dropped their odds.
    - The other bookies have immediately noticed that the previous bookies have dropped their odds and thought "hang on a second, what have we here" and dropped their odds as well to protect themselves
    - By now, the media have picked up that all the bookies are slashing their odds and are beginning to formulate stories about what's going on.
    - Adder report it first and are sometimes right about stuff so other media outlets pick up on it too.
    - The story starts to snowball
    - Meanwhile, Pulis comes into work today to chat to Parish about it LIKE AN ADULT and either:

a) they will work it out and nothing will come of this apart from great success for Palace and Parish
    b) Parish decides he REALLY loves Zaha and values him more than having Pulis at the club. Pulis decides this is one time too many and says "sorry Steve mate, I can't do this, i'm off" which would be incredibly bad timing for both parties and not at all sensible for either party.

If any of what i have written is true, I'll be amazed but If there is a decision to be made, I have no doubt the correct one will be made and Pulis won't be going anywhere.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Malky's a good manager, but he was struggling to keep a well funded Cardiff side up. Palace are a poor side, Pulis worked miracles last season. As long as Allardyce doesn't get sacked I don't think there's a manager out there that would be willing to go to them and capable of keeping them up.
    He's was doing okay IIRC, but the nutjob who owns them were making things really difficult for him, and his replacement in OGS did well didn't he?

• Options

According to Holmesdale.net :-
    The bet was placed at William Hill this morning, because it is such a volatile market they only take bets of a max of £500, which someone did. Then everyone else has been receiving small bets on the back of the decreasing odds.

With these type of insider traded markets it is more likely that they would only take a bet with a maximum liability of £500 rather than a bet of £500 at serious odds.

In fact, it's quite a cheap way of buying insider information and even if it isn't true multitudes will follow backing that individual to go at ridiculously cramped odds. And nine times out of ten it is only a rumour.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Not a happy camp what with this swiftly following the players being distinctly unhappy with the bonus scheme for this season.

• Options
    Excellent news.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Think Hoddle would be a disastrous appointment from their point of view. Apart from being a nutjob who's been out of the game for ages, surely trying to swap from Pulis' cynical sloggers game to a passing game overnight can't work.

Agree, the 'After Allardyce' effect, they haven't got the players for a Hoddle passing game.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

My money is on him being tapped up by Mike Ashley.

Oh not more Operation Yewtree rumours !