Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Pulis - [Edited: Gone]

Comments

• Options
    MSE7 said:

One season in the premier league makes them nothing.

Two seasons in the premier league.
  • Options

I'm afraid Palace aren't going down for a long time. With the new premier league money they are looking at 75M quid this season alone. It was perfect timing to go up. Gonna be damn hard for next season for teams in champ to go up when competing with the teams who go down this season. bottom team gets over 65M quid.

Tony Pulis has done an amazing job. Fing hudini.

And to be fair..... Palace support has been friggin epic this year and I may get flamed for this but I wish Charlton had that sort of support.

Dare I say it Charlton have a LOT to learn from Palace.

stop it

• Options
    Pulis wins Premiership Manager of the Year.
  • Options
    Shamefully...have to agree with that one
  • Options
    It'd have been a crime if he hadn't. He dragged them up the table singlehandedly. Look at where they were before he came in. If Pulis left, they'd sink like a stone. The sooner the better.

Who wants him? West Brom? West Ham? Villa? Anyone? Please take him. Too good for the scummy Nigels.
  • Options
    Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was crowned LMA Manager of the Year on Monday night, while Crystal Palace's Tony Pulis won the Premier League managerial award.
  • Options
    There seems to be some sort of problem with Pulis and the Palace board, he may be angling for more cash or for a bigger transfer budget.

He also knows that the likes of Fulham and WBA - to name but two - would be very interested in paying him a hefty slab of cash.

We can only pray that he leaves them, his football at Stoke may have been awful but he does get results.
  • Options

There seems to be some sort of problem with Pulis and the Palace board, he may be angling for more cash or for a bigger transfer budget.

He also knows that the likes of Fulham and WBA - to name but two - would be very interested in paying him a hefty slab of cash.

We can only pray that he leaves them, his football at Stoke may have been awful but he does get results.

However his football at Palace was pretty good and they tore Chelsea apart at their place!

• Options
    How can Pellegrini win the league and not get the award?
  • Options

With the squad they have it should have been won by 20 points. It's all relative and Pulis has delivered beyond what should have been his squad's capability.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was crowned LMA Manager of the Year on Monday night, while Crystal Palace's Tony Pulis won the Premier League managerial award.

Thats is weird. ..how can Pulis be the best in the division yet some other geezer in that same division can be best overall? Get rid of the overall award its a nonsense.
  • Options

Thats is weird. ..how can Pulis be the best in the division yet some other geezer in that same division can be best overall? Get rid of the overall award its a nonsense.
    Yes, that was a bit odd.

Nigel Pearson getting our division's award was pretty unimaginative too, surely Dyche was more deserving?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

With the squad they have it should have been won by 20 points. It's all relative and Pulis has delivered beyond what should have been his squad's capability.
    I get that, but he's done it in his first season here and in some style. 100+ goals.
  • Options
    Palace are so lucky. They got promotion with probably the worst quality squad in history, then was lucky that Pulis was available and the job he did with a poor squad was incredible. Hopefully a proper premiership club will offer him a good deal to switch to them in the summer.
  • Options
    Pulis
    Dyche
    Jackett
    Keith hill

Completely agree about Pearson. 3rd year to get it right. Would have been sacked for finishing 3rd and no play off win. Less impressive than Dyche IMO.

Keith Hill has done wonders to get establised basement boys Rochdale up.
    They have been promoted 3 times in their history and Hill has been there for 2. No way the scunthorpe Manager deserved it with a squad of stars at that level

IMO managers that do it on a shoe string are particularly worthy. Ok jackett had a bit of money and signed Dicko but he turned around a toxic atmosphere at Molineux and record points.

I have voted for Palace and ex-Millwall there though :(
  • Options

I'm afraid Palace aren't going down for a long time. With the new premier league money they are looking at 75M quid this season alone. It was perfect timing to go up. Gonna be damn hard for next season for teams in champ to go up when competing with the teams who go down this season. bottom team gets over 65M quid.

And to be fair..... Palace support has been friggin epic this year and I may get flamed for this but I wish Charlton had that sort of support.

Everyone is talking about how great Palace's support is all of a sudden. It was awful last year and their ground was half empty. Bunch of band wagoners.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What about those Managers who try their damnedest on a shoe string but just fall short? I guess he should have got it in 2012 when records were smashed all over the place...........OK I know time to move on :-0
  • Options

Everyone is talking about how great Palace's support is all of a sudden. It was awful last year and their ground was half empty. Bunch of band wagoners.
    Couldn't agree more, must be the first season for years that their support has been anything but rubbish. Hopefully they will sink back down to their rightful place and then we can watch their crowds drop to their usual standards.

• Options

MSE7 said:

One season in the premier league makes them nothing.

Two seasons in the premier league.
    No one likes a smart arse!!!!! Its one season. A sink hole could open tommorow and swallow the earth and they may not play a second season...So its one season alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Paul Lambert has an unsure future at villa they might sack him.

Pulis would be an excellent choice for villa to stabalize the club. I also think he would take up an offer like that.

I also hope, that after winning manager of the year hes got his head shoved up his arse and thinks hes better than palace and worthy of managing a big club.

The perfect scenario being, pulis goes newcastle after they sack pardew, pardew goes straight to his destiny of selhurst park and takes them back to the championship.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Pulis would be an excellent choice for villa to stabalize the club. I also think he would take up an offer like that.

I also hope, that after winning manager of the year hes got his head shoved up his arse and thinks hes better than palace and worthy of managing a big club.

The perfect scenario being, pulis goes newcastle after they sack pardew, pardew goes straight to his destiny of selhurst park and takes them back to the championship.

More to the point, If Riga is leaving, then get Lambert in. He worked wonders at Wycombe and Norwich and has done well with the young, untried players (and even a couple of Belgians) in the Premier League.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

More to the point, If Riga is leaving, then get Lambert in. He worked wonders at Wycombe and Norwich and has done well with the young, untried players (and even a couple of Belgians) in the Premier League.
    Please no. Never forgive him for being so nasty to Benty. He has done feck all with Lerner's money.

What young untried players has he done well? Nathan Baker? Lowery runs ali Dia close for worst ever premiership player. Delph, westwood, weimann - they all cost substantial dough.

Sorry but PL is the worst scenario for charlton.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Please, this!
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Please no. Never forgive him for being so nasty to Benty. He has done feck all with Lerner's money.

What young untried players has he done well? Nathan Baker? Lowery runs ali Dia close for worst ever premiership player. Delph, westwood, weimann - they all cost substantial dough.

Sorry but PL is the worst scenario for charlton.
    He has also been left out of the team at Fulham with three managers this season preferring other options. This suggests that it wasn't Lambert picking on him. Also, Weimann and Benteke are both better players than Bent.

As for the young players, they've kept villa up have they not?
  • Options
    I just think PL destroyed Benty, s mojo with all the public comments. D9 had never previously been known as a trouble maker.

Andreas Weimann plays 1 game in 4 and is terribly selfish. Id have a pre PL benty over him all day long.

id say keeping villa up is no great achievement.

However I am terribly biased just because of benty so I realise I am being irrational. Just hope we dont get him but please the pulis/pardew swap mentioned above
  • Options

I just think PL destroyed Benty, s mojo with all the public comments. D9 had never previously been known as a trouble maker.

Andreas Weimann plays 1 game in 4 and is terribly selfish. Id have a pre PL benty over him all day long.

id say keeping villa up is no great achievement.

However I am terribly biased just because of benty so I realise I am being irrational. Just hope we dont get him but please the pulis/pardew swap mentioned above

I'd have Bent from ten years ago over Weimann. But in the here and now? It's no contest. Watch Bent for Fulham. He simply isn't interested anymore and hasn't been for some time. Weimann is a quality little player who works incredibly hard for the team and scores goals. Something Bent doesn't do anymore for whatever reasons. I think Lambert spotted the problem from a mile off, not vice versa.
  • Options
    new job?
  • Options
    RedMist said:

new job?

Hope so. His football is appalling but very effective.