Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SCP

I hope In wrong but I have a feeling he will walk this week. He can't be happy with the way things are and the total lack of support he is receiving from our current board.

Depressing times

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know if those two idiots were in attendance today?
  • Options
    Substitutions today smacked of desperation. Hope you're wrong too.
  • Options
    50/50 if CP will be here come the end of the season. Hope so.
  • Options
    Taxi for Powell?
  • Options
    Who could we get or afford if he did go?
    I'm guessing any potential suitors would have a word with Powelly before deciding weather to pick up the most poisonous of chalice's.
  • Options
    Very depressing, although don't think he'll walk, no doubt he's desperate for these guys to move on as much as us. And I don't believe they can afford to sack him and pay for a whole new management team to come in and frankly I don't think they care what happens, they don't plan on sticking around long enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    probably Dowie , thinking about it.
  • Options
    Surely we can't afford to sack him. And we certainly wouldn't get better unless we got Curbs. Give him a 5 year contract and pray he signs it.
  • Options
    Agreed Nug. The board don't give a shit what goes on, on the pitch - they just want their cash.
  • Options
    I dont think Chrissy will walk, I think when you care about a club like he does he will feel more inclined to continue managing when there is a total lack of support from the board like this. He made all the right decisions today and is a fantastic manager. On the plus side Morgan Fox managed to score at his loan club! well done mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wasn't there today so hard for me to comment. Our form though is grim although I still don't blame SCP for that. We lack quality all over the pitch and unless something happens that means we can get players in then I'm becoming more convinced we will get relegated. We're not good enough.

As an aside, I've just seen someone on ITTV is suggesting admin by Thursday. I doubt that myself.
  • Options
    They really are gambling big time though. They turn too many offers down and our form continues like this they might be a whole lot worse off.
  • Options
    Well. Loyalty goes so far. I would think it depends if someone comes in to make him an offer he can't refuse.
  • Options
    SCP is a great man manager but very poor tactician.

Holloway and Warnock are out of work and great at managing Championship teams.
  • Options
    Dead man walking I am afraid. Even if the Mysterons knew anything he would be bang in trouble. Fucking travesty if it happens considering he had the rug pulled from under him in the Summer...

• Options
    He won't walk , the man has too much pride to do that . Many others would have done by now though with these clowns running the club.
  • Options

Chris Powell cares about the club more and I want someone who cares about the club - Powell is learning and will only get better it would be suicide to let him go.
  • Options

Great . Let's have palace's cast offs. We couldn't afford them even if we wanted to.
  • Options
    The board have two options give Powell money for players, or sack him and get someone in who may do something different with the team. I like Powell but I think he's out of ideas and I don't think the board will give him that much time. You can see that Powell is trying all different ideas and tactics but it does not work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Warnock's next, final job is Plymouth. Holloway wouldn't touch it, he only goes for promotion possibilities with money to spend.
  • Options
    His first managerial job. He won't walk. Would be bad for his CV. Could certainly see him leaving if someone came in for him however and would wish him well for it.
  • Options

It's very interesting that you've chosen those two, considering they are both well known to be motivators not tacticians

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/jan/09/neil-warnock-loved-qpr

What would they offer that's any different to Powell, who you have called a poor tactician?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Powell should stay... If we get relegated then we should still keep him at the club as he knows League One, if we fail to get back up at the first attempt (unless pretty much lose the current Squad and have to rebuild which possible) THEN he should maybe go.

Part of me at the moment wonders if we're suffering from second season syndrome where clubs have sussed us out from last year, yes I know its Powell's job to be more creative but as Seth Plum says, this is Powell's rite of passage / baptism of fire, he gets through this then he'll be fine
  • Options
    Nug said:

Very depressing, although don't think he'll walk, no doubt he's desperate for these guys to move on as much as us. And I don't believe they can afford to sack him and pay for a whole new management team to come in and frankly I don't think they care what happens, they don't plan on sticking around long enough.

Spot on Nug.
  • Options
    I don't think it will achieve anything by bringing in a replacement to a club that is already a sinking ship. I believe Chris is the only chance we have of staying up because any change will just add more instability to that ship. I also believe that Chris will find those reserves of strength to keep us up. Next season will be another matter though. I could see him walking then if things don't improve off the field. A man can only take so much.
  • Options
    94% in favor of Powell from 50 votes so far
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Personally I am officially begging Chris NOT to walk.
    Chris, this is your management rite of passage mate, and you are being strong, and handling the test pretty well.
    You are doing it for us and I am immensely proud that you, Chris Powell, are our manager.
    100% no question.

Absolutely agree! He will make mistakes and learn from them. Just wish this damn board would be positive and help him.
  • Options
    DMC said:

I dont think Chrissy will walk, I think when you care about a club like he does he will feel more inclined to continue managing when there is a total lack of support from the board like this. He made all the right decisions today and is a fantastic manager. On the plus side Morgan Fox managed to score at his loan club! well done mate

He made all the right decisions today, fuckin hell where were you, certainly not at the Valley.