Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pitch quality

Comments

• KentishFootball ‏@KentishFootie 10m
    Ebbsfleet United's home game against Bromley is ON after match referee's pitch inspection. All other Kent non-league games are POSTPONED!
  • Pitch inspection going on at Selhurst Park right now as seen on SSN.
  • Watching Swansea v Man Citeh Not stopped raining since the game started and the pitch looks immaculate. How does that work?
  • Watching Swansea v Man Citeh Not stopped raining since the game started and the pitch looks immaculate. How does that work?

Looks like a carpet!!

Money.

Drainage.
  • Roland's only been in charge for a few hours and communication has already improved several fold!
  • And the openness begins
  • Wow. This has cheered me up. Go on Roland!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2014
    I wonder who is paying for the Dome, perhaps it was a fairwell gift.
  • Bing bong. New owners start to address fundamental problems on day one.
  • Very early doors but what's not to like so far?
  • Blimey, I thought we were going to the Dome, not the other way round!

Roland don't hang about, does he?! Well done Chief!
  • To be fair - it is easier to communicate the message that we are sorting it out rather than we are doing absolutely nothing because we can't afford to.
  • Could the new owners really have made these changes? I can't see how it would have been logistically possible in th time frame.
  • DRF said:

Could the new owners really have made these changes? I can't see how it would have been logistically possible in th time frame.

What's difficult about telling Chris Powell or Paddy Powell to hire a dome. They only need to make a phone call.
  • Those days in the premiership our pitch was like a carpet of green. Now it's like hackney marsh
  • MSE7 said:

Those days in the premiership our pitch was like a carpet of green. Now it's like hackney marsh

One of the sensual pleasures of watching football is ascending the concrete steps from the concourse bunker at five-to-three and looking out over the emerald sward. Last Sunday it looked like a Flanders field. We are better at a passing game than trench warfare.

• Sponsored links:

• We know the cause- a collapsed drain. Sort that out as we will do in the summer and the Valley will be green again.
  • edited January 2014

Another tinpot club can't get it's games on, they should be docked points or a 3-0 win awarded to the away side................. :-)
  • edited January 2014
    Yeah, or be forced to play all of their games away from home for the rest of the season, as some tw*t from Barnsley suggested last week.
  • Could the new owners really have made these changes? I can't see how it would have been logistically possible in th time frame.

We know the cause- a collapsed drain. Sort that out as we will do in the summer and the Valley will be green again.

I still don't understand how a drain collapses and nothing falls into it.
  • DRF said:

Could the new owners really have made these changes? .

I know you don't like to think ill of Tony and Michael but really : - ) The week before the takeover Paddy wanted to spend a few hundred pounds on some plastic covers to protect the pitch but there was no one around willing to sign off the expenditure. That is what it was like.

I think the reality is the that ground staff have known what is needed and been asking for things like the dome for months. So when the takeover happened all that had to happen was a phone call to the supplier

• According to some on here, we are going to spend about £600,000 on pitch improvements in the summer including undersoil heating. This would obviously answer the question on whether we are moving or not.
  • All academy games off due to flooding.

It never rains but it pours : - )
  • DRF said:

Could the new owners really have made these changes? I can't see how it would have been logistically possible in th time frame.

We know the cause- a collapsed drain. Sort that out as we will do in the summer and the Valley will be green again.

I still don't understand how a drain collapses and nothing falls into it.
    So THAT's where Chris Solly's gone!

Incidentally, I went to the rugby this afternoon to watch Saracens, and their 4G pitch played very well, and the players seemed happy enough diving and sliding on it