Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pitch quality

1234568»

Comments

• DRF
    I'll leave you to try to work out my occupation from my username.
    Where do you think the rainwater that fell on your garden has gone if it hasn't drained away as it certainly has not evaporated? If the pitch is waterlogged you could have 100 people working on it and it will still not remove the water beneath the surface. The dome will help by drying the surface and by preventing more rain from reaching the pitch but this problem will be with us until the end of the season when the drainage can be overhauled.
  • Are you a DELivery driver or do you own a DELicatessen ?
  • Wonder what these new folk will make of the pitch? How is it now
  • Never let the prospect of earning a couple of grand get in the way of the bigger picture:

iota.ecommzone.com/lz/CAFC/008MTT/064247084c5f1d2d3aab5e0cb29d90b441/home.htm
  • Is there an update on the state of the pitch? Given last Fridays rain it would be interesting to know what it looked like on Saturday, especially with what is forecast for this week and particularly for next Friday.
  • The Club sent out an email about hiring the pitch in the week so assume it's all been fixed and relaid (you couldn't make it up).
  • If forking the pitch as usual won't work then can the club not purchase some forks with longer prongs on to get to the root of the problem better?
  • I heard the dome is still in use
  • It's forecast to rain on Saturday, wouldn't be surprised if it did get called off.
  • Sky's coverage of the 'transfer deadline day' showed the number of pitches that seemed to have endless grow lamps on them into the late hours
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard the dome is still in use

That is correct
  • I had assumed the dome was still in place but wondered if the large amount of rain we had on Friday had raised the water table again and worsened the pitch?
  • Heavy raid all day friday and al day saturday, the next pitch you'll see will be in Sheffield where the grass in greener.
  • Heavy raid all day friday and al day saturday, the next pitch you'll see will be in Sheffield where the grass in greener.

That will go against you, we play like Brazil on grass :-)
  • Semedo will run the show lol, our midfield is strong.
  • I thought they were going to drill some deep holes in the pitch as a temporary measure!
  • Semedo will run the show lol, our midfield is strong.

You sacked your PA man then?