Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cameron Stewart to Leeds (to Ipswich)

Comments

• Options
    Apparently Leeds have been taken over by billionaire Peter Virdee. Probably won't want Stewart now.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph!

Evina is not a winger!

Does he have to be?
  • Options
    errr... if you play him on the left side of midfield as someone suggested it might help...
  • Options
    Harriott
  • Options

Harriott

God bless you.

• Options
    Last time I looked there were different formations and different balances - we aren't still in the 1930s!!!!
  • Options

Name a winger that we've had in recent years that is better ?

Martin Christensen!

• Options
    I'd say Wiggins is better at doing what a winger does than most wingers we have had in recent times!
  • Options
    Wilson plays on the right and isn't a winger. Curbs played without a winger when we finished 7th...then he signed Rommedahl...
  • Options
    On Twitter

SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 2m
    Leeds are set to sign Hull winger Cameron Stewart on loan. #lufc #hcafc

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why can't we extend his loan ffs!
  • Options
    Maybe Powell thinks he can get better. I certainly do.
  • Options

Because Hull probably feel that he'll get better experience fighting for promotion rather than survival.

Reminds me of Hameur Bouazza...
  • Options
    He probably could in the summer but we have a threadbare side as it is. We can't be poncing about waiting to see what we deals we can do this month we have massive games coming up where we desperately need points! And regardless, we need additional strength as it is, as well as and in addition to Stewart.
  • Options
    Chrissy reported met with teh new owner some days ago to finalise the targets for January should the takeover be completed. I'm sure we will see som eactivity soon after it is officially announced - most likely to be loans for January as not th ebest window to buy a player in.
  • Options

Chrissy reported met with teh new owner some days ago to finalise the targets for January should the takeover be completed. I'm sure we will see som eactivity soon after it is officially announced - most likely to be loans for January as not th ebest window to buy a player in.

where did you hear this?

• Options

Maybe the player himself wants to return north?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

It was mentioned in the transfers thread that he has said he would be happy to stay. Take that as you may though.

Personally I'd miss him, think he has put in some decent performances to be honest.
  • Options

no he has said his contract is running out in a press conference and will not be renewed so he is looking for a permanent club.
  • Options
    DMC said:

no he has said his contract is running out in a press conference and will not be renewed so he is looking for a permanent club.
    That as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it was reported in the SLP I think
  • Options
    He said if he goes out on loan again, he'd prefer to come back to Charlton, but also that a permanent move somewhere would give him more security:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/9080139/transfer-news-cameron-stewart-admits-time-at-hull-city-all-but-over
  • Options
    Hull City winger Cameron Stewart has told Sky Sports he expects to make a decision on his future in the next few days. Stewart is wanted permanently by Charlton, where he has impressed on loan, but Ipswich, Leeds and Leicester are also interested in the former Manchester United youngster.
  • Options
    as it seems that Ajdarevic is a left footed midfielder do we still want/need/afford Stewart?
  • Options
    He's the type of player we would want to come off the bench and add something different. He may not defend or tackle which can be frustrating but currently he's our only "flair" player apart from Yann.
  • Options
    Surely we need a stronger squad.

So sign him up...
  • Options
    I am actually happy because the role Stewart had in the side - well I don't think he helped us much. People will point to the great goals he scored - and he clearly has an eye for goal and an ability to produce the spectacular shot. But - and this isn't his fault it is collective - only one of those goals (against Yeovil) gained us a point. What I wanted from him was a contribution like Harriot provided at the end of last season, the ability to run at defenders - sometimes lose out but sometimes beat them and put them on the back foot. I thought Stewart was too easily muscled off the ball - against Derby he was actually fouled quite a bit but the ref picked up on his weakness and didn't give any. Then - possibly because he is a right footed player playing on the left, he always cut inside and usually squared the ball and I don't recall him getting past defenders hardly at all. We won the game against Brighton because Wiggins did what we were looking for Stewart to do. And when a player got something on the ball as Wiggins was running through, he still kept the ball - get a touch against Stewart and you stop him.

I'm not saying he hasn't got qualities or potential, but I passionately believe he is not what we need right now. Hopefully, now our finances have drastically taken a turn for the better, we can bring in somebody who is.
  • Options
    Don't want to lose him if we can help it.
  • Options
    Don't see the point in playing him out of position on the left as CP does. That's not Stewart's fault. He bottles too many tackles. That is his fault. Pre-takeover I'd have said keep him. Now I think we can do better if we have any buying power. presumably this Astrid bloke is a candidate for the left mid position unless he's some sort of Duchatelet stunt as per the Belgian posters' views on the other thread.