Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cameron Stewart to Leeds (to Ipswich)

Comments

• Leeds fans going on saying Smith will score a few more goals now they clearly have not seen a Cameron Stewart cross

IMO I am glad to see the back of him

Haha, those Leeds mugs signed the wrong winger! Now it's Danny Green's time to shine. His corner/shots will soon be the talk of the champ!
    Are you for real?
  • I cannot understand where this Evina is decent on the left wing chat is coming from. Were none of you at Reading away? Absolute pony
  • I prefer the balance Wiggin/Evina - Solly/Wilson gives us.

DMC said:

Powelly get a loan in please! I don't want Evina near the first team!

Evina is a good midfielder in my opinion just a very bad left back but we cant have one left sided winger!
    I'm going to get that neither of you went to Reading away. Evina was lost the whole match trying to play as a winger. you could argue the fact it was his first game of the season but it was clear to see once he was taken off the pitch we were far more threatening.

I think that works on one flank, not both at the same time. I'd like to see Harriott back in the side.

I think that works on one flank, not both at the same time. I'd like to see Harriott back in the side.
    CP stated on the Footballer's Football show that he likes wingers..........but only on one wing at a time, and on the other wing the player must be prepared to come inside to help the midfield.

this can be seen when he played Stewart on the right recently and had JJ on the left (Brighton) and then the next game he had Stewart on the left and Stephens on the right (Sheff Wed)

CP stated on the Footballer's Football show that he likes wingers..........but only on one wing at a time, and on the other wing the player must be prepared to come inside to help the midfield.

this can be seen when he played Stewart on the right recently and had JJ on the left (Brighton) and then the next game he had Stewart on the left and Stephens on the right (Sheff Wed)
    We all have our preferences. I think Wiggins is a full back who is very strong going forwards - for me having a player who can interchange with him makes a lot of sense - and between them, they can give defenders different problems to deal with!
  • I htink Evina too is a left back good at going forward, to judge him as a winger is a misplaced evaluation. he has not set the world alight this season, but he has not had the opportunity to get match fit. If Wiggins were to be injured or go and evina had a run in the team then I think we would be happy with the outcome.
  • kafka said:

Leeds fans going on saying Smith will score a few more goals now they clearly have not seen a Cameron Stewart cross

IMO I am glad to see the back of him

Haha, those Leeds mugs signed the wrong winger! Now it's Danny Green's time to shine. His corner/shots will soon be the talk of the champ!
    Are you for real?
    More real than you will ever know mate.

If I had my way I'd sell Harriott and use the cash to tie Green to a 5-year deal.
    Good idea.

• Hope we don't see Jackson in the middle with Stephens wide again, play either one with Cousins but not both.
  • Sponsored links:

Exactly.
  • edited January 2014

I prefer the balance Wiggin/Evina - Solly/Wilson gives us.

Probably some of Curbs influence that Powell picked up. Graham Stuart was used mainly on the left and used to tuck in to help the midfield. Be interesting to see who he goes with on Saturday.

Probably some of Curbs influence that Powell picked up. Graham Stuart was used mainly on the left and used to tuck in to help the midfield. Be interesting to see who he goes with on Saturday.
    Spot on with that. He sets up his teams very similar to Curbs.
  • despite his faults and the perceived weaknesses that posters on here have pointed out .. we will miss Stewart .. he is the only attacker I have seen this season (with the fleeting exception of Harriott) who has the pace and trickery that scares defenders .. Church has pace but little end product .. McDermott at Leeds is no fool, he knows that Stewart is unusual, very capable, and will make a decent Championship player

I don't recall any defenders being scared. I saw a few who were a bit too comfortable for my liking!!!!!!

• despite his faults and the perceived weaknesses that posters on here have pointed out .. we will miss Stewart .. he is the only attacker I have seen this season (with the fleeting exception of Harriott) who has the pace and trickery that scares defenders .. Church has pace but little end product .. McDermott at Leeds is no fool, he knows that Stewart is unusual, very capable, and will make a decent Championship player

I don't recall any defenders being scared. I saw a few who were a bit too comfortable for my liking!!!!!!

then you must have seen different games to me ..

Which is, of course, why Leeds bought him from under our nose, because they thought he wasn't a threat...
  • edited January 2014
    He had one of his better games against them - and scored a great goal. I think that helped. In too many games I have observed that he was making it too easy for the defender - sorry but that is what I observed and some others have too. We all have our opinions - maybe he is a player who divides opinions, but I am delighted we haven't signed him - genuinely.
  • Lincs Addick is right. Listened to Brian McDermott last night who said he'd got Stewart and Kebe because in this league pace can really make the difference esp on counter attack. With Stewart going this is exactly what we lose. With two strikers without any pace and no pace out wide we could really become more one dimensional. What's Rommedahl up to these days?
  • Great goals and good pace, but too often unable to deliver (his crossing was genuinely poor). Problem is though this league is about pace and we need options, he is far from the best winger we have had but we will miss him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart never had pace, he never beat a man on the outside always coming in
  • Lincs Addick is right. Listened to Brian McDermott last night who said he'd got Stewart and Kebe because in this league pace can really make the difference esp on counter attack. With Stewart going this is exactly what we lose. With two strikers without any pace and no pace out wide we could really become more one dimensional. What's Rommedahl up to these days?

Kebe is another good signing .. McDermott knows him from their time at Reading .. Leeds have made some good attacking signings .. be interesting to see how they go @ Sheff Wed this lunchtime
    The better grounds are on the way (we hope) , Leeds are looking skilfully strong in what is another VERY competitive Championship season

Well he has far more than me, then again I am nearly 40, overweight and have two dodgy knees.

• I was frustrated by Stewart, but was always a fan and thought there was a player in there. He scored some great goals as well and put in a couple of good performances.

One of the worst out of his performances was against Derby at home. I thought at the time that this was due to the quality of the full-back (Andre Wisdom) he was up against, which I suppose is still partly true. But last night I watched Lloyd Dyer absolutely terrorise that very same full-back and I'm not so sure.
  • cfgs said:

Stewart never had pace, he never beat a man on the outside always coming in

Well he has far more than me, then again I am nearly 40, overweight and have two dodgy knees.

lol .. but if/when the call comes .. you'll be right ready and up for it .. ((:>)
  • According to The East Kent Addicks thread, Andy Hughes said we didn't offer Cameron a deal.
  • Starting against the Massive in the early KO
  • He's gone straight into the Leeds starting XI against the Wendies today.
  • cfgs said:

Stewart never had pace, he never beat a man on the outside always coming in

lol .. but if/when the call comes .. you'll be right ready and up for it .. ((:>)
    Of course I can manage a good minute or two if nobody passes he ball to me or expects me to run.

Yep. But that was due to him playing on the left and being right footed.

I agree though he never had pace. Usually slowed our break aways down.