Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NYE - What you doing ?

Comments

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

Railway tavern Bexley village.

My kind of boozer
  • Options
    watching NBA (pacers vs cavaliers) and drinking some tea.
  • Options
    Just back from the Dartford panto. Now in the process of blocking the outside world out. Absolutely hate NYE, the most pointless overrated night of the year. Have never liked the night and when I did go out I made a point of being away from the pub/club or whatever before midnight as the faux "happy new year, i am your best mate" bollocks from all and sundry made me nauseus.
  • Options
    Just returned from taken the little 'un for a mocktail and a pizza at a nearby hotel. Sitter coming at 7 and off to friends for wine and takeaway curry. Home by 12.15am.
  • Options
    No one doing the Bon Bonnie reunion tonight at The Lounge in Chislehurst?
  • Options
    Cheers folks. Hopeful that we've worked everything out. Only about four weeks away from the divorce being finalised, so we were cutting it a bit fine. Otherwise, I'd have had to shell out for another wedding!
  • Options
    Working till 00:30. Fire strike, so we needed someone to man the site till it's over. I said id do it even though it's my 22nd birthday! I absolutely hate NYE! Not too bothered about my bday either haha
  • Options

No one doing the Bon Bonnie reunion tonight at The Lounge in Chislehurst?

Haha are they actually doing one?? Gutted I didn't know about this!
  • Options

Cheers folks. Hopeful that we've worked everything out. Only about four weeks away from the divorce being finalised, so we were cutting it a bit fine. Otherwise, I'd have had to shell out for another wedding!

Congratulations on your reconciliation I hope 2014 is better for you, happy new year x
  • Options
    Mum was the first person I ever spoke to at New Year and last year was the first year she was not there. Hit me so hard not being able to hear her voice, more so than any other event since her death.

Tonight has changed forever for me since last year - find it so difficult.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just back from the Dartford panto. Now in the process of blocking the outside world out. Absolutely hate NYE, the most pointless overrated night of the year. Have never liked the night and when I did go out I made a point of being away from the pub/club or whatever before midnight as the faux "happy new year, i am your best mate" bollocks from all and sundry made me nauseus.

Absolutely bang on mate. Load of pretentious clap trap!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    WSS said:

Mum was the first person I ever spoke to at New Year and last year was the first year she was not there. Hit me so hard not being able to hear her voice, more so than any other event since her death.

Know exactly where you are coming from @WSS , sadly it comes to us all as we and our parents get older. Try and cherish the memories and do what I do at the stroke of midnight raise a glass to current as well as absent family and friends, gone but never forgotten. All the best for the New Year.
  • Options
    ice skating for the first ever time in my life on the local pond - will only be several hundred other people there to witness this
  • Options
    About to start my second set of covers in a Clapham restaurant/bar. Come the third I'm gonna have to remember the 'proper' lyrics to Mull Of Kintyre. Extremely difficult for an Addick.

Happy new year all.

• Options
    Just back from a lovely Chinese with Missus, mother in law, Mum and Dad. About to mix a v large JD and coke. Happy New Year all.

Ps - sorry Golfie should have asked what you were up to as you could ave joined us if no other plans. Happy New Year though.
  • Options
    Gets easier WSS I assure you

I am sure you realised this year mate life keeps on going regardless of who is still with us

Took me a while to cotton on to that bit

Chin up and happy new year pal
  • Options
    Was supposed to be down in Dorset with my sister's family, but have been in bed with the lurgy all day, so have been watching Dara O'Briain and now Jools Holland instead.
  • Options
    At home with wife watching 'it's a wonderful life'.
  • Options
    Those fireworks in London were incredible!

Happy New Year x
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sitting in with my farting dog, trying not to get too depressed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched the fireworks from London on TV - fabulous display once again. Would love to have been there!
  • Options
    Spent NYE on my mates boat, had a BBQ and got smashed on Hendricks!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Was staying in then at 10:30 we decided to drive to Primrose Hill to see the New Year in with the fireworks and view of the greatest city in the world and now back home watching Jools Holland, the fireworks were something else as usual, well done London
  • Options
    WSS said:

Hi
    The Victorians said you should mourn for a year and a day.
    It's the most comforting and sensible advice I had when I was in your position.
    It covers all anniversaries and feels right.
    Hope this helps mate
  • Options
    Back from local party, had a good time.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    WSS said:

Thoughts are with you, wish you all the best for 2014, time is a great healer but it takes some people longer than others, no 2 people grieve the same way or for the same amount of time, things will feel better eventually. All the best to you and your family xx
  • Options
    You have regrets you didn't do anything exciting for NYE.......

....and then you get woken at silly o clock in the.morning and grateful you didn't
  • Options

A man after my own heart T. My Lou calls me the new year Grinch.
  • Options
    Generally can't be bothered any more but the party on Karon Beach was good fun last night. Loads of fireworks and a big electronic music festival. Not usually my scene but there was a crowd of all ages, not serious clubbers at all. Quite nice paddling in the sea all the way there, thinking of the weather back in the UK. My 8 year old enjoyed the foam party area, as did one of the local stray dogs! And all free!
  • Options
    How many people were making 10 woody from toystory cup cakes for some dolls and a unicorn at 7am though

Take that for knowing how to party eh that's hardcore rock and roll kids