Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    So, nobody knows anything then?

And breathe.
  • Options
    WSS said:

The Daily Mail pretty much announced it was done last week do despite what others are proclaiming this has been well known for days. There is no real new news.

You could've said that 6 pages ago ffs

; )
  • Options
    AFKAs going to be very disappointed when he sees what we've done to his nice new thread.
  • Options
    Roland, if you're reading this pal. You got a tail light out (Drivers side) on the old Laguna estate
  • Options
    Why doesnt the Belgium by the club at rock bottom price and then sell to the other party at a slightly higher price - he could pocket a million or 2. The other party still gets it cheaper and they dont have to deal with TJ and his crew.

Sounds simple to me
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I can help with some of this,

The guy from SLP was first asking for info from Roland on Twitter, but the guy clearly failed to see the word parody in the persons twitter account (in French ofc) about three days ago I contacted Richard to make him aware that if his info has come direct from this guy then it's total bulls, I'm no expert but half of me feels this is a cover up as Richard told me he wasn't aware there was a fake Roland probably because he can't read French, where I can quite fluently

I got no further reply,

I am also in contact with a French journalist who covers standard, and he hasn't heard anything his end as of yet, however he has confirmed that the players mention will likely be loaned to us should this go through successfully

Www.twitter.com/mattbonner4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zzzzz
  • Options
    So let me get something straight.. We should not believe anything the SLP tells us correct?
  • Options
    Well if his info has come from the guy on twitter, which I know they tried to make contact with. And the guy was playing them on, then no // if it has come from someplace else it's possible it's true,
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

I can help with some of this,

The guy from SLP was first asking for info from Roland on Twitter, but the guy clearly failed to see the word parody in the persons twitter account (in French ofc) about three days ago I contacted Richard to make him aware that if his info has come direct from this guy then it's total bulls, I'm no expert but half of me feels this is a cover up as Richard told me he wasn't aware there was a fake Roland probably because he can't read French, where I can quite fluently

Knob
    If BIG_ROB posts on here again he's a knob!

Hmm, bit of a no brainer that really .........
    ;o)
  • Options
    Filter out the fact from hearsay;

Fact: RD was at the valley today.
    Fact: Powell was unusually at the valley today.
    Fact: Anybody that is anybody was at the valley today. (Meaning all the board and management.

Hearsay: The club has been sold for 14 million.
    Hearsay: The club has been sold for 20million.
    Hearsay: The deal has been done at all!
    Hearsay: There is a rival to the Belgian.

It would be nice if the club could issue some sort of statement even if it is to say negotiations are still in progress. Got a feeling this is going to be a very long thread before we hear anything else concrete!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 31 Dec
    @MattBonner4 I didn't even realise there was a spoof one.
    View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Stéphane Jamoulle ‏@StephJamoulle 29 Dec
    @MattBonner4 2/2 avec un agent Dudu Dahan qui place ses joueurs et prends des commissions. chaque transfert passe par Dahan..

Toby Porter ‏@PorterSLP 28 Dec
    @R_Duchatelet Hi I am the sports editor of the South London Press, which covers Charlton Athletic. Would it be possible to talk?

Roland Duchatelet ‏@R_Duchatelet 28 Dec
    @PorterSLP For sure, mon ami! Send me your questions. And Dudu Dahan will answer you.

Roland Duchatelet
    @R_Duchatelet
    Président du http://R.Standard.CL - Propriétaire de l'Académie Jean-Louis Dreyfus - Je préside donc je suis.

=>Compte parodique <= Parody account. How Porter has missed this i have NO IDEA, this guy is ment to be their editor ? No wonder they copy most stuff, Seriously
    Sint-Truiden

Incase people thought i was bullsing about the twitter stuff,

www.twitter.com/mattbonner4

So the SLP could be a cover story, If they have got info from this guy to be the real roland (I have also been told by a french journalist that this is a FAKE account, Also in french you can clearly see its states that)

But if the SLP have got there story from elsewhere, This could well be true

Im just telling you guys to have a air of caution about it, and dont %100 believe untill the official site says it
  • Options

Fact: Anybody that is anybody was at the valley today. (Meaning all the board and management.

How do you know that these are all facts?

• Options
    edited January 2014

Hearsay: The club has been sold for 14 million.
    Hearsay: The club has been sold for 20million.
    Hearsay: The deal has been done at all!
    Hearsay: There is a rival to the Belgian.

It would be nice if the club could issue some sort of statement even if it is to say negotiations are still in progress. Got a feeling this is going to be a very long thread before we hear anything else concrete!

Not as good as your last poem Sadie. Lots of alliteration, but it does't rhyme as well ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's my birthday today. I'm hopeful that the deal will be announced.
  • Options

Lots of People have spotted them enough eye witnesses to make it fact, plus I was told by someone I trust immensely that works there, but all they know is who was there not what, if anything, concrete came of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh and happy birthday!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

It's my birthday today. I'm hopeful that the deal will be announced.

Many happy returns to you. My advice is avoid this thread otherwise it will be a awful day with regret and sorrow :p

(even worse than a Friday night out on the beer)
  • Options

Lots of People have spotted them enough eye witnesses to make it fact, plus I was told by someone I trust immensely that works there, but all they know is who was there not what, if anything, concrete came of it.
    Well, That could explain about the SLP piece, On the assumption that maybe they arn't in the know, the fact they knew everybody was there is could be a big wild gamble ?

On the other hand they could have something which is perfectly legit, I was just pointing out that one of there feeds/links was fake
  • Options

Oh and happy birthday!!

Thanks Sadie :-)
  • Options
    This thread and takeover is like watching an episode of soap, cue the end titles
  • Options
    I doubt SLP run a story due to a parody twitter account.

If Roland is taking charge I say thank you and good luck. Not many clubs run at a profit even in the PL, so to me spending £20m plus running costs on something where your unlikely to see a profit anytime soon is a huge risk. But this news mean it will secure our immediate future which after a year of speeculation is a huge relief.

Interesting times ahead
  • Options
    In not sure what there is to be so unclear about.

Roland Two Chalets was at the club yesterday, a deal appears to have been completed, and is expected to be announced today.

If it isn't announced today, then the speculation can really go into overdrive!
  • Options
    Today is the day!
  • Options

I doubt SLP run a story due to a parody twitter account.

If Roland is taking charge I say thank you and good luck. Not many clubs run at a profit even in the PL, so to me spending £20m plus running costs on something where your unlikely to see a profit anytime soon is a huge risk. But this news mean it will secure our immediate future which after a year of speeculation is a huge relief.

Interesting times ahead

It wouldnt surprise me though if Roland is a front man for a even bigger buyer, just a thought. Cannot see why someone without shit loads to spend would take over Charlton the risk is huge.