Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    That's an old picture of MS at a City away game
  • Options
    Can imagine the scenario, Roland is about to put pen to paper and TJ gets an offer from the Kuwaitis that far exceeds Roland's offer. TJ then, embarrassingly tells Roland the deal is off. Tj's rep is ruined and Pv is in charge of our club.

Alternatively PV might wait until we are knocking on the door of the pl with Roland rather than give this lot a penny.
  • Options
    Plum well named
  • Options

If he knows the majority of fans at Standard Leige don't want him then he could sell. Top of the league and likely to be in next seasons CL, he would make massive profit, then he could concentrate on getting us to the Prem where the big money is!

Wishful thinking :)

I thought that was last season though. I'd imagine that most of their fans have calmed down a bit now they're clear at the top of the league. Football fans are fickle.
    thought i read earlier in the thread they've recently started a group for the fans to take over
  • Options
    Numbers said:

Mr. Happy said:

Be positive. Roland Duchatelet's name contains all the letters of Charlton.

And is an anagram of "Late Charlton dude".

Also an anagram for 'ut Charlton el dead'

Mr. Happy said:

Be positive. Roland Duchatelet's name contains all the letters of Charlton.

And is an anagram of "Late Charlton dude".

Also an anagram for 'ut Charlton el dead'
    Also 'Delude at Charlton'

...and "Charlton/UTD 'E' deal". If you allow a bit of extra punctuation.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to a pacy striker who knows where the goal is coming in - possibly on loan - we are in every game and such a player could be the difference that means we start chalking up wins!
  • Options
    Evening Standard preparing article on Charlton takeover.
  • Options
    Lacerated old hunt or anal octet hurdled May be more appropriate.
  • Options
    Evening Gooner doing an article !! headline " Charlton who"
  • Options
    You would have thought a press conference would have been called by now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still no announcement? Strange.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2014
    http://www.laprovince.be/893960/article/sports/foot-belge/standard/2014-01-03/standard-roland-duchatelet-racheterait-charlton-pour…-24-millions-d-euros

Roland Duchâtelet, president of Standard, bought Charlton: the official announcement is expected Friday afternoon
    Online Writing

The news is not official yet on the site Charlton but everything is now in order: Roland Duchâtelet bought the club D2 for $ 24 million revolving around. The documents are now signed. The formalization fall in later this afternoon.

Roland Duchâtelet bought Charlton. The news will be confirmed in the coming hours, the president of Standard and club officials D2 from English to sign the necessary documents.

One of the first players named to strengthen the ranks of the "Addicks" is none other than the Swedish Astrit Ajdarevic, which has already passed through England (Liverpool and Leicester). Names Dudu Biton and Reza Goochannejhad also circulated.

Charlton should receive Oxford Saturday FA Cup but the match was postponed: the ground is waterlogged.
  • Options
    Come on! Get it Done god damn it, I've got work in the morning and need to sign off.... Interestingly Im already developing a soft spot for Standard Liege
  • Options
    looks an interesting link on that page about Rihanna !
  • Options
    Took all my efforts not to click that Rihanna link at work :(
  • Options
    WSS said:

http://www.laprovince.be/893960/article/sports/foot-belge/standard/2014-01-03/standard-roland-duchatelet-racheterait-charlton-pour…-24-millions-d-euros

Roland Duchâtelet, president of Standard, bought Charlton: the official announcement is expected Friday afternoon
    Online Writing

The news is not official yet on the site Charlton but everything is now in order: Roland Duchâtelet bought the club D2 for $ 24 million revolving around. The documents are now signed. The formalization fall in later this afternoon.

Roland Duchâtelet bought Charlton. The news will be confirmed in the coming hours, the president of Standard and club officials D2 from English to sign the necessary documents.

One of the first players named to strengthen the ranks of the "Addicks" is none other than the Swedish Astrit Ajdarevic, which has already passed through England (Liverpool and Leicester). Names Dudu Biton and Reza Goochannejhad also circulated.

Charlton should receive Oxford Saturday FA Cup but the match was postponed: the ground is waterlogged.

Interesting article and rings true 24 million euro is £19,932,217. So near the 20mil mark as already stated by SLP.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Took all my efforts not to click that Rihanna link at work :(

Just done it on a 27 inch iMac.

Took some ninja-keyboard skills to assess the goods then flick back to some diagrams..
  • Options
    I love the first comment which translates as = Standard is cheesy but it detonates Charlton. According to google translate.
  • Options
    Worth it? I am now trying to find the link on my phone :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The second comment says that they now know what happened to the suitcase with Standard's €20m now.
  • Options
    iainment said:

The second comment says that they now know what happened to the suitcase with Standard's €20m now.

Wondered when that connection would get made...
  • Options
    "Reading: US consortium to bid to take over Championship club"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25591742
  • Options
    Bonjour mes amis, listen very carefully I will say this only once, YIPPEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Done deal....discussions with a number of premiership clubs regarding loan signings.

Source?
    I'd rather permanent signings who care about the club.

I think we all would. However we need a quick fix to get us out of our current situation so I can see him getting us 2-3 Liege players in to help us avoid the drop, then making permanent signings in the summer.
  • Options
    The only problem I can see with loans from SL is if Roland expects SCP to play them and puts pressure on him to put them in the team. That could cause disharmony behind the scenes. Otherwise I have total faith in Chris and his staff to keep team spirit high unlike Pardew etc was able to when we had excessive loans in the past.
  • Options

The only problem I can see with loans from SL is if Roland expects SCP to play them and puts pressure on him to put them in the team. That could cause disharmony behind the scenes. Otherwise I have total faith in Chris and his staff to keep team spirit high unlike Pardew etc was able to when we had excessive loans in the past.

The biggest problems I see are pronouncing his surname and then coming up with a song for the Iranian! Quite a mouthful
  • Options
    Just received my personalised email from the new man. Nice touch.
  • Options
    @BenSmithBBC: Belgian millionaire Roland Duchatelet has completed a takeover of Charlton Athletic. More on @BBCSport shortly
  • Options
    just coming through now on official site