Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    If he knows the majority of fans at Standard Leige don't want him then he could sell. Top of the league and likely to be in next seasons CL, he would make massive profit, then he could concentrate on getting us to the Prem where the big money is!

Wishful thinking :)
  • Options

If he knows the majority of fans at Standard Leige don't want him then he could sell. Top of the league and likely to be in next seasons CL, he would make massive profit, then he could concentrate on getting us to the Prem where the big money is!

You not on the train today vg.

Clearing the desk ;-)
  • Options

...and also upgrade the old Laguna estate
  • Options
    Be positive. Roland Duchatelet's name contains all the letters of Charlton.
  • Options
    Really hoping this happens, mainly so that we can start concentrating and talking about other things for a while. Slater and Jimenez bought us at a time we needed them and i thank them for that. They got us out of League One by backing Powell, but unfortunately due to a number of factors have not been able to back him since and they have lost interest. They must have otherwise they would have backed him, even a little, this season financially or at least renewed keyed players contracts. Either that or their so called 5 year plan included riding our luck for a couple of seasons.

I have to admit i am nervous that we are not exactly getting rave reviews about how this new guy has been running his other clubs to date. It also concerns me that he may get too involved in who comes in and who goes out of the team as, and i dont' care who you are, those decisions of playing staff has to be down to the manager/coach. Hopefully that man will be Powell who i hope gets financial backing to strengthen. Swapping players between his clubs may very well work; it did for Watford last season. I just prefer stability with permanent signings rather than lots of loans and i hope Powell (assuming he gets a new contract) has the final decision on who he brings in.

To be honest if he can turn us into a top Champioship club competiting regularly for the title or in and around the play-offs each season i will be happy. Premiership would be a huge bonus obviously but we are really in no position to get carried away to that degree.

Lets wait to get the official announcement before we get too excited about this, though things sound positive for once, and i wish Roland all the best for success with us.
  • Options
    razil said:

My best fence - concrete posts and panels is sadly under new ownership at our last place so ACV transfer might be tricky. We outsourced the one at the new gaff altho I designed it...

:D

But where are you going to put the visitor centre? Like Stonehenge - 15mins away on a landtrain?
  • Options

Where's Airman ?

... significant axe to grind the with the board*
    It's not that couple that burnt Kevin Cash's chicken dinner is it?

• Options
    edited January 2014

In not sure what there is to be so unclear about.

Roland Two Chalets was at the club yesterday, a deal appears to have been completed, and is expected to be announced today.

If it isn't announced today, then the speculation can really go into overdrive!

The reason some people won't be convinced, notwithstanding Angeldust's comments, is that stories have been planted previously that don't appear to have been true. Nevertheless, the latest SLP piece says in big bold letters - all right, journalism code - we have been told this by a member of the current board. It's not going to be Jimenez or Prothero.

Playing side matters apart, what the club desperately needs is a chief executive to flush out the problems that have caused so many of the departures in the last few months.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There is no advantage for TJ or Slater to publicise the club has been sold if it hasn't. Yes, there would be to say it is close to being sold to weed out/force he hand of another bidder but when it is sold it is sold!
  • Options

So let me get something straight.. We should not believe anything the SLP tells us correct?

Or the Daily Mail!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In not sure what there is to be so unclear about.

Roland Two Chalets was at the club yesterday, a deal appears to have been completed, and is expected to be announced today.

If it isn't announced today, then the speculation can really go into overdrive!

Playing side matters apart, what the club desperately needs is a chief executive to flush out the problems that have caused so many of the departures in the last few months.
    Weren't a number of the departures actually sackings ?
  • Options
    Lets hope Roland Duchatelet's motives are true and we aren't part of some political game with SL and the current apparent negative feeling against him from inside as reported by some of you.
  • Options
    Still not confirmed!
  • Options
    any update on who is at the Valley today?
  • Options
    The pitch inspectors
  • Options
    Sun is shining in Welling, pissed down overnight tho
  • Options
  • Options
    He was at Leicester when the great man was there, seems to have had a few false starts, but seems to have some talent, so guess we'll have to see. At least it seems he's a player the boss actually knows
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Standard owner Roland Duchatelet is taking over at The Valley and one of the first deals for his new club looks set to be bringing in Ajdarevic."

Sounds like they know something they say IS taking over not might be .
  • Options
    Couldn't post this before but now that Nug has spilt the beans I can say that we have really been taken over by the owner of the Blackheath Standard and the price was £14.00! I have also been told that Eamon Dunphy is to be the new manager and then we really will be a pub team!
  • Options

And is an anagram of "Late Charlton dude".

• Options
    Mr. Happy said:

Better late Charlton dude, than never
  • Options
    Well my balls are certainly tingling this morning

can only imagine how NLA must be feeling!
  • Options

I thought that was last season though. I'd imagine that most of their fans have calmed down a bit now they're clear at the top of the league. Football fans are fickle.
  • Options
    Surely a takeover would mean some kind of press conference? Such as sky sports news turning up with a camera like when this lot turned up. Anything like that scheduled for today?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

It's like the silence before a penalty is taken although I feel myself wondering if we've got the right penalty taker. Still want it to go in though whoever picks up the ball.

After Ipswich we might have the right goalkeeper :-)
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:

Also an anagram for 'ut Charlton el dead'