Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morrissey

This bloke is quickly becoming one of my most hated 'celebrities'. And his band were shite.

"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia".

theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/03/morrissey-eating-meat-paedophilia-smiths

Comments

• Options
    Blimey. The old bill better get a few more coppers involved in Yewtree then.

PS - What a grade A bell end.
  • Options
    Love his music but the bloke's a prat
  • Options
    His band were one of the best ever, but he does appear to be getting ever more delusional.
  • Options
    Hate his music and the bloke's a prat
  • Options
    I see no difference between any of his songs.

Bloke is a tool and should be sent off to an island to live with Russell Brand, Danny Baker, Chris Evans, Adrian Chiles, Alan Green, Mickey Flannagan, John Bishop, Stephen Fry, John Barrymore, Robbie Williams and many, many more.
  • Options
    Was about to buy a classic Smiths album last week, but his comments comparing producing hamburgers to the massacre in Norway and referring to the Chinese as a "sub-species" disgusted me. Great music but a class A muppet.
  • Options
    Morrissey and The Smiths are/were the greatest.

• Options
    As far as cnuts go, his pretty much top of the list - I'll give you that.
  • Options
    He's an utter twat who shouldn't get the publicity.
    Never liked The Smiths either. They were definitely a case of " The emperors new clothes" .
    It was trendy to say you liked them despite them sounding like the wailing of a mass suicide rally.
  • Options
    Yeah The Smiths were shit eh.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Why oh why oh why do journos continue to ask pop stars their opinion on ANYTHING other than pop music. It's the only thiing they are generally qualified to talk about. This posture of cultural spokesman is such a load of shit. And this is the sort of result you get. He has a new book in the pipeline and needs to raise his profile. And in his bubble of self-regard nothing is as important as that. Offensive and sad.
  • Options
    Each to their own Beds, but I can assure you I didn't like their music because it was trendy ...he is an utter twat though ;-)
  • Options
    He's a Millwall fan.
  • Options
    he's always been emotionally fragile .. the poor dear .. God knows he's even more miserable now
  • Options

At what? Flogging a dead horse?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

And then singing about how sad they were about the horse dying.
  • Options
    If everyone clicked the link then The Guardian has just seen its website traffic quadrupled in an hour.

I liked some of The Smiths stuff, it had its place in 1970's Northern England.

Morrisey as a bloke isnt my cup of tea.
  • Options

Why oh why oh why do journos continue to ask pop stars their opinion on ANYTHING other than pop music. It's the only thiing they are generally qualified to talk about. This posture of cultural spokesman is such a load of shit. And this is the sort of result you get. He has a new book in the pipeline and needs to raise his profile. And in his bubble of self-regard nothing is as important as that. Offensive and sad.

In these days of twitter etc no one needs to be asked for their opinion unfortunately...
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Riviera said:

I bet that horse would make a good burger...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

And then telling everyone else about how anybody who benefited from the horse's death is no better than a paedophile.
  • Options
    And there we have it. Full circle in 22 posts.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It amazes me how much he is loved by the latinos who invade the stage to hug him when he plays in America, more men than women as well!. A great singer but his songs all sound the same and he's complelty insane.
  • Options
    Has he got a new album coming out and he just wants the publicity?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The guy's a bellend. Clearly has bipolar or some other mental health issue with his level of delusion and lyrical talent but is an absolute bellend for being absolutely unapologetically a bellend.

EDIT: I think i said bellend a bit too much. Bellend.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm being kind here , but its a pretty stupid , insensitive thing to say, people won't take him seriously when (if) he does have something interesting to say.
  • Options
    I've never liked any of his stuff & thought all their songs a bit of a dirge. I will concede that Jonny Marr is supposed to be a class act, but I never got them I'm afraid.

This just supports my feelings all along - how I'd love 20 mins in a locked room with him to rip his arguments to shreds
  • Options
    Another thing about him that does my head in is the whole mystery he has tried to create around his sexuality. He admits to having had a boyfriend recently, but refuses to be referred to as homosexual or bisexual.

"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans."

Get over yourself.
  • Options

I've never liked any of his stuff & thought all their songs a bit of a dirge. I will concede that Jonny Marr is supposed to be a class act, but I never got them I'm afraid.

This just supports my feelings all along - how I'd love 20 mins in a locked room with him to rip his arguments to shreds

I think you have to be to put up with Morrissey for that long!
  • Options
    I make no bones about the fact that I'm an animal lover and committed veggie but that statement is damaging to the animal rights movement imo. Gives the impression we're all loons.

Never liked the Smiths either, too miserable.