Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kermorgant to Celtic ?

Comments

• Surprised that people seem to have completely overlooked the recent rumor that Celtic were in for Michael Morrison. Surely has just as weight, if not maybe more, than the Yann possibility?
  • Maybe he was there to see Pritchard... Saw 5mins of him and thought FFS... what a waste of a trip
  • I see Sunderland are chasing Samaras so maybe Kermy to Celtic does have something to it.
  • edited January 2014
    I thought that if he plays enough games the contract gets automatically renewed? So we wouldnt need to offer him a new contract until at least next year?
  • Wouldn't read into this too much as there must be scouts at most matches.

Add to the fact that the Scottish Premier League is on par really with the Championship the only match available for Neil Lennon to go and watch was ours (i.e. can you see a Man City or West Ham player wanting to go there?)

Of course if Lennon has left after Kermorgant got subbed then it sounds like thats who he was scouting yet how do we know if he was impressed enough to put a bid in for him and Charlton have to accept that bid before Yann is allowed to talk to Celtic anyway... Of course that bid might be accepted but Yann himself might not want to move

i.e. I know CP's future isnt certain yet Yann has said that he loves working with him... we could be a few games away from the Extension kicking in anyway and plus if Celtic put a bid in this January its not like they've European Football this season to tempt him up there (Of course they'll be in the Champions League next season but how much of a role would Yann get up there...)

Straws. Keep clutching.
  • In our top two players, and certainly our best in an attacking sense.

We've already seen what we miss when he's not playing. Regardless of who we brought in as a replacement, I would fear for our safety if this does turn out to be true.
  • nearly 33? I'd take whatever is offered then, he ain't that good anyway.

'He ain't that good anyway'????

Yann has been class for us from the very beginning and he is a very good footballer. He looked a little out of sorts after coming back from injury this season, but that has to be the most ludicrous thing I've seen posted.

We will gain more from signing him again than we would for getting a nominal fee for a player that is out of contract in the summer. If we lose him this window, then we better have a damn, damn good replacement.

I am sure Yann wants to stay, why on earth he would want to go and play in the football purgatory of Scottish League football? The prospect of facing Motherwell 8 times as a season is attractive, but even if he stayed with us and we were relegated there would be more of challenge in League One than the SPL.

Yann must stay.

• I see Sunderland are chasing Samaras so maybe Kermy to Celtic does have something to it.

Samaras is awful
  • Whats needed is keeing KMG at the club and finding him a decent strike partner. Simeon Jackson would be perfect, but that one has gone quiet.
  • Personally I can't see anything in this for reasons that various others have already posted, having said that just suppose there was interest from celtic, I think whether he went or not may be swayed by whether Chris Powell was given a contract extension.
  • Sponsored links:

• How long exactly are these contracts going to be allowed to run down for? Getting a bit ridiculous now.
  • ..... I can't imagine why else Lennon was there.

Imagine and Lennon in the same sentence, Prague?

To lose Kermo would be a major disruption to our team.

Even opponents realise that much of our attacking play goes through Yann - close down Kermo and you close down any threat we may have.

• I thought that if he plays enough games the contract gets automatically renewed? So we wouldnt need to offer him a new contract until at least next year?

Nope that must be long gone. He would have triggered it otherwise.
  • It's obvious Neil Lennon was there to watch his nephew Harry. When Sordell replaced Kermorgant he realised Harry wouldn't get a game so left (forgetting that another substitution was available).
  • cafctom said:

Surprised that people seem to have completely overlooked the recent rumor that Celtic were in for Michael Morrison. Surely has just as weight, if not maybe more, than the Yann possibility?

yep, thats who he's really after. Michael Morrison.

• VG and Mametz seem to me to have it right. Celtic are flush with UCL cash from this season, and need to plan for the UCL next season. It's not even that Yann couldn't Dow a job for them, at least in the qualifying rounds. The point is they have the money to pursue younger targets. That said, I can't imagine why else Lennon was there.

Closet Addick

• cafctom said:

Surprised that people seem to have completely overlooked the recent rumor that Celtic were in for Michael Morrison. Surely has just as weight, if not maybe more, than the Yann possibility?

yep, thats who he's really after. Michael Morrison.

Phew ! ( Not that I want Morro to leave either!)

I was about to start making another banner.....

• When you look at age, you also have to look at the type of player. Kermogant for me is a player who could easily be effective for another 3 to 4 years, playing at the level he is now. He doesn't rely on pace at all. As long as he maintains his leap and fitness the rest of his game should still be up there. Certainly not a player we can afford to lose unless we have some real top ones lined up!
  • Yann won't go anywhere else.
  • _nam11 said:

Yann won't go anywhere else.

Agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• Judging by Celtic's recent buying pattern, he might have been trying to look at Cousin's although obviously would have been out of luck.
  • So far no contracts signed or significant players brought in. Will start worrying if nothing happens soon!
  • edited January 2014
    They won't appreciate you Kerms!

talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140334
  • Yann just been named as Neil Lennon and Celtic's top target on Talksport
  • edited January 2014
    Seems like he's got a few targets, so hopefully he opts for the others.

If they got Yann then my hate for Celtic would go to a whole new level.
  • the good news is Lennon is spreading his eye for a striker, the bad news is He really wants Yann
  • Lennon has the right idea here, knowing as he does that the SPL is clearly no better than bottom half of the Championship.
  • The real tragedy of this if there any truth in it which it seems there is, is that we will get peanuts for Yann because his contract and age are against getting a decent fee yet he is so important to our team it's disproportionate to his saleable value. I'll be gutted if he leaves but the pull of Champions League football and one last hurrah might be too much for him to turn down. If he does leave the blame lies fairly and squarely on the shoulders of Slater and Jimenez and no one else.
  • Two good things (1) the fans dont want him... (2) the Daily Mail article says Celtic are also looking @ Lee Tomlin... they should definitely take the latter... Younger and is English so when a team down here want him back they can do charge their usual over inflated prices!!