Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man Utd.

Comments

• Options
    Watched it in the pub in chelmsford. It was half Man U plastics and half ABUs (of which I was one) and the second (I can't emphasise the timing enough) rafael missed some guy got straight up and stormed out with his mrs in tow. Even the other manure fans gave him the handbag and the "oooooooo" on the way out. Highly amusing.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's a beautiful thing when a big club crashes. When it's the biggest club in the land, it's an absolute joy to behold.
  • Options
    Actually feel like the game going Man U fans have been coming through this with a bit of credit
  • Options
    Pleased for Sunderland and no sympathy for Man United, but have no time for Gus Poyet because of the way he treated Steve Brown at Brighton.
  • Options
  • Options

Pleased for Sunderland and no sympathy for Man United, but have no time for Gus Poyet because of the way he treated Steve Brown at Brighton.

What happened AB?

• Options
    Manchester is blue. Hooray!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

What happened AB?

It's a secret......
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Kap10 said:

What happened AB?

Steve told the story in VOTV107 in August. He was basically frozen out, to the extent that Poyet wouldn't speak to him for months on what appear to be trivial grounds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kap10 said:

What happened AB?

Steve told the story in VOTV107 in August. He was basically frozen out, to the extent that Poyet wouldn't speak to him for months on what appear to be trivial grounds.
    Cheers. Should read my copies more thoroughly.
  • Options

Kevin Phillips memory is not what it used to be...........just heard him say "I never managed to get to a cup final at Wemberly with Sunderland"..............what about 1998 ??? ( iknow not technically a "cup final" but it was a final & there was deffo a cup at the end.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

He's living like an Egyptian fish.

• Options

Kap10 said:

What happened AB?

Am I right in saying that Steve once turned up at the B&HA training ground to get on the coach to an away game and found out he hadn't been booked a seat, so he had to just go home?
  • Options
    I heard on the radio this morning that 4 x English players missed pens so lets hope all this joy does not bite us back if a game goes to pens in the World Cup.
  • Options

Actually feel like the game going Man U fans have been coming through this with a bit of credit

I think that's fair, and the ones who actually turn up at games have always been alright really - its the hordes of twats wandering around Surrey, Dubai and Bangalore etc in Man Utd shirts and phoning into 606 whining after every single defeat that get on my tits.

Oh, and every single one of the pricks that went to my school!
    The ones who turn up for games from places like Oslo, Cork and Bexhill can go **** themselves as far as I am concerned though, passing fifteen other professional football grounds to follow a team because they are successful ( and whatever sad, dubious excuse they come out with for following a team from 150 miles away, that is always the real reason ) is pathetic. Credit to the proper Manchester/Salford fans though, it's not their fault where they were born... ;-)

And well done to Sunderland!
  • Options
    Shag said:

I heard on the radio this morning that 4 x English players missed pens so lets hope all this joy does not bite us back if a game goes to pens in the World Cup.

That would mean us getting out of the group ....
    Ha, ha, good point.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks, Wellbeck = well shit ?
  • Options

No, i think he's absolutely useless. Apart from working hard i can't think of anything else he brings to that team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Never seen someone run with the ball but not once have it under control as much as he does
  • Options

My Man Utd ST-holding colleague walked into the office about 30 mins ago after coming back from Manchester this morning. I havent spoken to him properly yet but he muttered something about Danny Wellbeck being one of the worst players ever to have pulled on a Man Utd shirt. He isnt a happy bunny this morning :)

• Options

Never seen someone run with the ball but not once have it under control as much as he does

You've never seen my mate Rhino then....

• Options
    Yeah I don't rate wellbeck either. He shows exactly how far behind our youth coaching is in this country. Has pace and is strong but looks so clumsy with the ball at his feet and doesn't add anything to a game.
  • Options
    Scores the odd goal now and again but most strikers (and i use that term loosely in his case) should in a decent side. If he played for someone like Fulham or West ham i don't think he'd stand out in their side.

The bigger issue there is the Glazers though. 70-80m goes out the window each season on debt repayments, imagine the players they could buy if they didn't have to fund that. One of the worlds richest clubs has ended up with the likes of Smalling, Welbeck, Cleverley, Nani and Young getting regular games.

Apart from Rooney and RVP, there's not a single player in their team who'd get in either the City or Chelsea sides.
  • Options

I have a memory (possibly misplaced tbh) that he was being lauded as "world class" or similar by some on here after his goal against Sweden.

• Options

Scores the odd goal now and again but most strikers (and i use that term loosely in his case) should in a decent side. If he played for someone like Fulham or West ham i don't think he'd stand out in their side.

The bigger issue there is the Glazers though. 70-80m goes out the window each season on debt repayments, imagine the players they could buy if they didn't have to fund that. One of the worlds richest clubs has ended up with the likes of Smalling, Welbeck, Cleverley, Nani and Young getting regular games.

Apart from Rooney and RVP, there's not a single player in their team who'd get in either the City or Chelsea sides.

The debt repayments are quite crippling, but I might be right in saying that they'd be paid off by 2017. But by then the damage to their brand might be too much.
  • Options

I have a memory (possibly misplaced tbh) that he was being lauded as "world class" or similar by some on here after his goal against Sweden.

Wasn't me. I've always thought he's well shit. I would say I don't understand how Wellbeck & Cleverley get in the England team. But we all know the answer is that they play for Man U :-)

• Options
    Hope the Sunderland fans enjoy their next visit to Wembley more then their last one.