Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Sidcup in London or Kent ?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    There are two forms of Sidcupite, the wannabe who say London and the snobs who say Kent
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

There are two forms of Sidcupite, the wannabe who say London and the snobs who say Kent

Im a greenwich boy mate my address says sidcup kent but i always say im from london and from greenwich , how u been.
  • Options
    boogica said:

BIG_ROB said:

Im a greenwich boy mate my address says sidcup kent but i always say im from london and from greenwich , how u been.
    I always say Charlton cos people think I'm novvern if I say Mottingham or a traveler if I say Gravesham. Forgot you were Sidcup ; ). I'm good cheers mate, how are you?
  • Options
    For the 8 years I lived in Sidcup DA14 having moved from SE9 I would say London or Sidcup ........London to someone who would never have heard of Sidcup and Sidcup to anyone who may have heard of it.... Dodged the Kent thing
    But we all know TOWIE ......
  • Options
    I
    BIG_ROB said:

boogica said:

BIG_ROB said:

I always say Charlton cos people think I'm novvern if I say Mottingham or a traveler if I say Gravesham. Forgot you were Sidcup ; ). I'm good cheers mate, how are you?
    Im good mate i aint sidcup mate just live there , when u get back meet up for a beer.
  • Options

For the 8 years I lived in Sidcup DA14 having moved from SE9 I would say London or Sidcup ........London to someone who would never have heard of Sidcup and Sidcup to anyone who may have heard of it.... Dodged the Kent thing
    But we all know TOWIE ......

I confess that I had to google it.
  • Options
    Hoping mid Feb mate, but run off me feet at the moment. I'll inbox you when I know dates.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Hoping mid Feb mate, but run off me feet at the moment. I'll inbox you when I know dates.

No problem mate take it easy.
  • Options
    if you have a 0208 number it's London
  • Options

So when you swim up to the pool bar in your Benidorm hotel to order a San Miguel, and the big fat Brummie next to you goes "weeere ya from, maaaate", do you say "London" or "Kent" ?

I always say, "I'm frum the lozells rowad arae of handsworth. Where am ya frum skip. Anythen fer yaouw cupcek". Just in case all his Villa supporting mates are hiding around the corner waiting to give me a kicking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

if you have a 0208 number it's London

But wot if u av a private number .
  • Options
    Id say its london but when i recieve my property tax shite letter it says kent ?
  • Options
    You address a letter to SIDCUP KENT...it has a Kent Postcode..it's in Kent.
  • Options

Yes but it also says london borough of bexley ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I have had letters addressed to Sydenham, Kent, in the past even though it changed many years ago.
    ;-)

[Edit: "...in 1965 Sydenham became part of the current London Boroughs."].
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Anyway....

Next door to the big Marlowe House, Christopher House is all boarded up now ready to be demolished.

Marlowe Rooms / Plastic Red banished to the archives of shite nightclubs
  • Options
    Born and raised in Lee/Hither Green and moved to Sidcup when I was 14.

When we first moved there in 1988 I thought it was like moving to Yeovil, seemed like the country.

Now it seems like just another part of the ever increasing London conurbation that will probably stretch down to the Kent coast at some stage!
  • Options
    So no more grab a granny nights in the Marlowe Rooms!!! When at Sidcup Hill school in the early 70s you still got exercise books with Kent County Council on the front.We were told ,which ties in with Rivieras post ,that it had been Kent and London expanded to swallow it.On the Post Code front we were told London had expanded a few times in quick succession and the PO had given out new Codes the first two times but then gave up as they thought it was turning in to an almost annual event??!! The sign post saying Welcome to Kent was on the old A20 not far past the Ruxely corner roundabout.
  • Options
    boogica said:

Yes but it also says london borough of bexley ?
    Fair enough..I used to be a postman so it'll always be in Kent for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My two funnies fron the Marlow Rooms were finding a young lady with the Charlton Badge tattooed on her rear end,and spending the night with a lady that turned out to be an ex schoolmates mum!!! Ah the memories about to bite the dust!!!! What are they going to build there instead?
  • Options
    Amazed these discussions keep running & running..

But anyone who says.."but you address it as Sidcup KENT" is simply wrong/out-of-date. Royal mail does not require county names and it's own address checker omits them

• Options
    So, you live in Sidcup and your application gets accepted to be a contestant on 'Take me Out'. What do you say? My name's Thingy and I'm from.... I'd always say London

Don't forget girls...No likey, no lighty
  • Options
    I said i USED to be a postman a lot has changed since i left 10 years ago
  • Options
    Looking at the map Redlanered post,I cant name as many of the un named roads on the map as I thought I could
  • Options
    The question you have to ask yourself is, does Sidcup have any Polish or Bulgarian shops?

Eltham has both, and is in London. So on that evidence, Sidcup is in Kent.
  • Options
    Sidcup i.e. Sexual Intercourse Definitely Causes Unwanted Pregnancy!
  • Options
    richie8 said:

So no more grab a granny nights in the Marlowe Rooms!!! When at Sidcup Hill school in the early 70s you still got exercise books with Kent County Council on the front.We were told ,which ties in with Rivieras post ,that it had been Kent and London expanded to swallow it.On the Post Code front we were told London had expanded a few times in quick succession and the PO had given out new Codes the first two times but then gave up as they thought it was turning in to an almost annual event??!! The sign post saying Welcome to Kent was on the old A20 not far past the Ruxely corner roundabout.

There's one just past County Gate on the A20 opposite the golf range.
    There are no border controls, but it clearly states you're entering Kent. The equal and opposite sign going towards London, is about 300m on the other side, so quite a thick boundary really.

• Options
    Post Codes mean shit.
    Only invented in 1950's as a means to help deliver the mail more efficiently
  • Options
    ...and frankly