Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Audi driver smacks cyclist

Comments

• Options
    Hero.
    Cyclists are a problem, take up half the road by not sticking to the side and then moan when you over take, twats
  • Options
    If someone lent in my window shouting that I'd hit them, fair game in my opinion
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What is a cockwomble?

Great Uncle Bulgaria after a few too many sherbets.
  • Options
    This is why the country is the way it Is.
    So I see a cyclist riding where they shouldn't be on the pavement
    I decide to shout out you f#cking prick get off the pavement.
    Next minute I'm then wanting them nicked because cyclist has decided to lay me out.
    tell the cyclist to grow some
  • Options

When a car edges up beside me in the cycle box at traffic lights I simply walk my bike forward and position myself in front of the car and pull away really slowly when the lights turn green.

Doesn't matter what people here think about it but one inescapable fact is that that passenger is going to regret that incident for the rest of his life. That is an extremely violent and unprovoked assault. That cannot be less than 12 months jail and a criminal record.

haha, i doubt he'd even get a caution!

cyclist chases the driver and confronts him in an aggressive manor, driver just has to say he got out because he thought his window was about to be put through in his face then acted in pre-empted self defence.

You have an odd grasp of the law. That is common assault, plain and simple. The defence would argue provocation, and that might well come into consideration during sentencing - but that's a pretty violent attack. There's no way that wouldn't result in at least a conviction and probably prison time (maybe suspended, dependent on previous conviction, good character etc)
  • Options
    The Cyclist was an idiot for being confrontational and if you do that to anyone in London you are running the risk of picking the wrong person to confront.

The driver was wrong to hit him but i can see why he did.
  • Options

Hero.
    Cyclists are a problem, take up half the road by not sticking to the side and then moan when you over take, twats Drivers are a problem. Crush cyclists into a tiny amount of space, park in bus lanes, perform illegal u-turns, stop dead in front of you, ignore stop boxes, cut across without looking in mirrors and then moan when cyclists end up crushed under their wheels, twats

• Options

The Cyclist was an idiot for being confrontational and if you do that to anyone in London you are running the risk of picking the wrong person to confront.

The driver was wrong to hit him but i can see why he did.

Yeah. You never know who's pwopa nawty in London. You should never confront anyone acting like a prick in case they lay you out.
  • Options
    Hilarious that, purely because the cyclist cycled 6-700 yards just to get himself parked up. It maters not a jot who was right or wrong in the first place
  • Options
    Funny, it just dawned on me that two of my brother-in-laws are keen cyclists - and both drive Audis. I'll watch that they don't start beating themselves up :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When a car edges up beside me in the cycle box at traffic lights I simply walk my bike forward and position myself in front of the car and pull away really slowly when the lights turn green.

Doesn't matter what people here think about it but one inescapable fact is that that passenger is going to regret that incident for the rest of his life. That is an extremely violent and unprovoked assault. That cannot be less than 12 months jail and a criminal record.

haha, i doubt he'd even get a caution!

cyclist chases the driver and confronts him in an aggressive manor, driver just has to say he got out because he thought his window was about to be put through in his face then acted in pre-empted self defence.

You have an odd grasp of the law. That is common assault, plain and simple. The defence would argue provocation, and that might well come into consideration during sentencing - but that's a pretty violent attack. There's no way that wouldn't result in at least a conviction and probably prison time (maybe suspended, dependent on previous conviction, good character etc)</blockquote

That’s assuming it goes to court, the cyclist clearly chases the driver looking for a confrontation.

It would not be unknown in these circumstances for the OB to question the driver, take details then issue NFA.

Either way I’m no policeman/lawyer and if you are going to chase someone calling them a fucking prick, don’t be surprised if you get a slap, regardless of who is right/wrong
  • Options

When I see a cyclist jump a red light (everyday in fact) I step out in front of them. Sure its gonna fricking hurt if they hit me but hopefully they fall off the bike and they get in trouble with the law at the same time. Usually they just shout abuse at me as if it's my fault though.
  • Options
    Cyclists jumping red lights surely not
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Cyclists jumping red lights surely not

It was probably the light's fault

• Options

When I see a cyclist jump a red light (everyday in fact) I step out in front of them. Sure its gonna fricking hurt if they hit me but hopefully they fall off the bike and they get in trouble with the law at the same time. Usually they just shout abuse at me as if it's my fault though.
    If you deliberately step out in front of them, hoping that they will fall off, it IS your fault!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    No... They shouldnt be jumping a red light.
  • Options
    Problem is randy your be the one with the broken leg and the one who has to wait months for the insurance claim to come through
  • Options
    A question if the driver hadn't of hit the cyclist would the video have gone public of the cyclist swearing at the motorist
  • Options
    Banter
  • Options
    Chizz said:

If you deliberately step out in front of them, hoping that they will fall off, it IS your fault!
    Come again. So when a pedestrian crosses the road when theres a red light and gets hit whether its a cyclist or a motor, its the pedestrians fault
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't wanna drive my car in London let alone ride a bike.

They're all f*cking mental.
  • Options
    I haven't managed to attempt this yet but I would quite like to lift a cyclist clear off their bike in a kind of one armed bear hug if they skip a red light. Would definitely mean they wouldn't do it again. As a pedestrian I feel more at risk from moron cyclists than car drivers.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I haven't managed to attempt this yet but I would quite like to lift a cyclist clear off their bike in a kind of one armed bear hug if they skip a red light. Would definitely mean they wouldn't do it again. As a pedestrian I feel more at risk from moron cyclists than car drivers.

That would be up the with chesting and volleying the ball back if it came to you in the crowd that
  • Options
    I hope the Audi driver wasn't Andy Driver, if so, I don't want him signing for us.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Hero.
    Cyclists are a problem, take up half the road by not sticking to the side and then moan when you over take, twats

There are many reasons cyclists don't always stick to the side, myself included. In many cases it's the correct thing to do. Maybe read this and then consider if it's always the cyclist being a twat or rather sometimes you :)

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2014/jan/13/jeremy-clarkson-cyclists-taking-the-lane

"The key for me is that this is a classic example of something cyclists face on an almost daily basis: the mistaken belief by some drivers that bikes should hug the kerb.

We’ve covered this before, and the guidance is very clear. Transport for London’s cycle safety advice sums it up well:

Stay central on narrow roads. Try to ride away from the gutter. If the road is too narrow for vehicles to pass you safely, it might be safer to ride towards the middle of the lane to prevent dangerous overtaking by other vehicles.

There are all sorts of reasons for taking the lane. Often, a cyclist might ride centrally to keep at least a car door’s width from parked vehicles. It might be because there is a central road island coming up and the rider wants to make sure they’re not suddenly pushed into the kerb by an overtaking car. It could be to pass the message to those behind: this is a narrow (or twisty) road, there’s no space to squeeze past, you’re going to have to overtake me as you would a car.

It’s pretty simple stuff, but it’s amazing how many drivers cannot grasp it"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    BIG_ROB said:

Huskaris said:

That would be up the with chesting and volleying the ball back if it came to you in the crowd that
    Yeah. I am 13st9 and pretty strong if I do say so myself so reckon I could do it with someone up to 10 stone if I get the right angle. Could be completely wrong though!
  • Options
    Cyclist should have worn a helmet and nutted him!!!
  • Options

The cyclist is a prune for giving it to the driver. The idiot who gets out and lamps him is a prune for thinking he's a big hardman. You're a prune for posting this here with your little Jeremy Clarkson-inspired comment specifically to get a reaction out of people :)

In all seriousness, other cyclists piss me off as much as drivers a lot of the time. From silly cows without helmets, cycling along at a snail's pace on their basket bikes in central London rush hour and getting upset when artics cut them up, to imbeciles riding like morons seemingly trying to make everyone despise them. That said, the driver is entirely in the wrong for pulling up in the cycle box - just as a huge amount of drivers do in london with absolute impunity every day on my commute. This drives me up the f***ing wall, because it is ridiculously bloody dangerous to do so a lot of the time.

So, in short, they're both cockwombles.

I think I must be a cockwomble, because I'd have hit him too and the worlds foremost expert on cockwombles (and every other subject I've seen on here) Leroy Ambrose says so.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Come again. So when a pedestrian crosses the road when theres a red light and gets hit whether its a cyclist or a motor, its the pedestrians fault
    Yes, if he deliberately did it to knock the guy off his bike.

• Options

No... They shouldnt be jumping a red light.

Correct. But neither should pedestrians deliberately cause an accident.

The cyclist jumping the light is breaking the law. But so is the pedestrian who deliberately knocks him down.