Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Audi driver smacks cyclist

Comments

• Options
    What does ASL stand for?
    Cyclist deserved what he got. As for those that think he deserved prison, FFS.
  • Options

What does ASL stand for?
    Cyclist deserved what he got. As for those that think he deserved prison, FFS.

Advanced Stop Line.

• Options
    edited January 2014

What does ASL stand for?

Advanced Stop Line. (I think!)

• Options

Seen it a few times now. Does make me chuckle.

best bit is just ride through them all when they group up in their 4 or 5 across in them boxes, put your legs out and kick all cyclists out the way 8)

• Options

I am more amazed by the quality of video from the helmet-camera, bloody amazing really that something relatively cheap and parked on a bike helmet can produce clear video like that.

How long before more people are using these in their jobs to enable 'monitoring of performance' and so on?

You mean like the Met Police?
    Could be, they may be using them already for all I know - and others could easily use them to monitor the Police too.

Easy to stop people filming things with a mobile but not if they have a concealed camera on their head, obviously leads to some privacy issues too in certain circumstances here.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I would like to clarify at this point that I was joking about the paint stripper before the lawyers start trawling this thread :)

John do some cyclists do the brake fluid in a bottle
  • Options
    People who drive cars in London deserve punching.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I would like to clarify at this point that I was joking about the paint stripper before the lawyers start trawling this thread :)

I knew John, you would not want to be half way up Alpe d'huez and take a swig out the wrong bottle :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please watch this video, but instead of deciding who's right and who's wrong consider this ..... would ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiWjff5Smhg&feature=player_embedded
  • Options
    as a would ya a deffo yes

that accident happened at about 3mph , do reflexes still exist ??
  • Options
    Dont know why he wants to exchange details, the accident is surely he fault? If a car or someone pulls out in front of you, if you dont stop its your fault...

Although why didnt she get out of the car to see if he was ok? Bit hash!
  • Options
    looking at some of the other vids on that link involving black cabs, that twonk (premises 187) is typical of the pillocks I have to suffer on a daily basis! Dunno about endangering life..... needs to get one!!! rant over!
  • Options

Dont know why he wants to exchange details, the accident is surely he fault? If a car or someone pulls out in front of you, if you dont stop its your fault...

Although why didnt she get out of the car to see if he was ok? Bit hash!

He was probably expecting the car to stop or not pull out at all as he had right of way....
  • Options
    Lol. Cos of course, black cab drivers are paragons of virtue...

Worst drivers on the road - make even bus drivers and white van men look considerate.
  • Options
    Leroy.... you're talking a load of tosh. We are advanced drivers who have also have the benefit of two wheeled perspective having spent years doing the knowledge on a scooter. Of course you might see a cabbie do the odd wrong thing but you need to remember that there are 25000 of us driving around all day and night. Nobody is 100% perfect all the time!
    (don't get me started on bus drivers!!!!)
  • Options
    The cyclist clearly didn't have an exit strategy.
  • Options

When a car edges up beside me in the cycle box at traffic lights I simply walk my bike forward and position myself in front of the car and pull away really slowly when the lights turn green.

Doesn't matter what people here think about it but one inescapable fact is that that passenger is going to regret that incident for the rest of his life. That is an extremely violent and unprovoked assault. That cannot be less than 12 months jail and a criminal record.

When I see a cyclist jump a red light (everyday in fact) I step out in front of them. Sure its gonna fricking hurt if they hit me but hopefully they fall off the bike and they get in trouble with the law at the same time. Usually they just shout abuse at me as if it's my fault though.
    I see cars/vans/taxis/buses/lorries do the same every day too. Bet you won't be stepping out in front of one of them.

• Options
    No chance mate. Feck that. That would defo hurt. You probably see them just go through ambers, and maybe just as it touches red.

Doubt you see cars go through reds when there are mums pushing prams, old people struggling across when the green man is showing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suspect he clocked her rack and wanted her details so he can try the "I'm the chap you hit on my bike last week, just wondered if I could buy you a drink....." Line.
  • Options
    Loco said:

Please watch this video, but instead of deciding who's right and who's wrong consider this ..... would ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiWjff5Smhg&feature=player_embedded

He's milked that for all its worth ain't he? Jesus wept Ffs

Yeah I would
  • Options
    That was a right slow mo. I'd have booked him for diving.
  • Options
    Is he Alcock in disguise????
  • Options
    edited January 2014

When a car edges up beside me in the cycle box at traffic lights I simply walk my bike forward and position myself in front of the car and pull away really slowly when the lights turn green.

Doesn't matter what people here think about it but one inescapable fact is that that passenger is going to regret that incident for the rest of his life. That is an extremely violent and unprovoked assault. That cannot be less than 12 months jail and a criminal record.

When I see a cyclist jump a red light (everyday in fact) I step out in front of them. Sure its gonna fricking hurt if they hit me but hopefully they fall off the bike and they get in trouble with the law at the same time. Usually they just shout abuse at me as if it's my fault though.
    I see cars/vans/taxis/buses/lorries do the same every day too. Bet you won't be stepping out in front of one of them.

Someones been playing too much GTA
  • Options

I am more amazed by the quality of video from the helmet-camera, bloody amazing really that something relatively cheap and parked on a bike helmet can produce clear video like that.

How long before more people are using these in their jobs to enable 'monitoring of performance' and so on?

Could be, they may be using them already for all I know - and others could easily use them to monitor the Police too.

Easy to stop people filming things with a mobile but not if they have a concealed camera on their head, obviously leads to some privacy issues too in certain circumstances here.

i've tried my hardest but i'll be fucked if i can hide a camera on my head.
  • Options

True, it helps if you're wearing a hat or a bike helmet or are game enough to wear a head-band.
  • Options
    Inner City Roads really arent designed for the internal combustine engine and the velosipede to get along .
    I spent a lot of last summer driving from Bromley via Lewisham to Camberwell or via the South Circular/Dulwich to Camberwell.The number of near misses I had with push bikes was something I wasnt prepared for and I have formed a view as a consequence .If you want to drive a pushbike do it at the weekend,and not in Inner London.If you do sooner or later you will get seriously injured or worse.(it may not be your fault but you will come off worse).Please wear a helmet ,dont use a phone /wear headphones/have a child as a pillion/do it as some kind of fashion statement.
  • Options

I believe the Met Police are going to use them a bit more widely soon, to prevent 'misunderstandings', like falling down the stairs.

I think they made it illegal to film the police while they are on duty, which is more the pity.
  • Options

You can get one now that straps on to your helmet. I saw it on Tomorrow's World.