Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Audi driver smacks cyclist

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

When a car edges up beside me in the cycle box at traffic lights I simply walk my bike forward and position myself in front of the car and pull away really slowly when the lights turn green.

Doesn't matter what people here think about it but one inescapable fact is that that passenger is going to regret that incident for the rest of his life. That is an extremely violent and unprovoked assault. That cannot be less than 12 months jail and a criminal record.

When I see a cyclist jump a red light (everyday in fact) I step out in front of them. Sure its gonna fricking hurt if they hit me but hopefully they fall off the bike and they get in trouble with the law at the same time. Usually they just shout abuse at me as if it's my fault though.
    If you deliberately step out in front of them, hoping that they will fall off, it IS your fault!
    Come again. So when a pedestrian crosses the road when theres a red light and gets hit whether its a cyclist or a motor, its the pedestrians fault
    Yes, if he deliberately did it to knock the guy off his bike.

Not if the womblecock on the push-bike has just jumped a red light
  • Options
    Finally - someone who understands. I can give you the authoritative verdict on any subject you choose. In fact, there should be a separate mini-forum:
    'Leroy Says'
    It would be a definitive statement on the subjet du jour - chosen by popular vote (though naturally, I would be able to override with a subject of my choosing) so that you didn't have to waste your valuable time schlepping through all those other useless and inconsequential opinions, viewpoints and arguments.

For balance, Off_It could moderate it.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

When a car edges up beside me in the cycle box at traffic lights I simply walk my bike forward and position myself in front of the car and pull away really slowly when the lights turn green.

Doesn't matter what people here think about it but one inescapable fact is that that passenger is going to regret that incident for the rest of his life. That is an extremely violent and unprovoked assault. That cannot be less than 12 months jail and a criminal record.

When I see a cyclist jump a red light (everyday in fact) I step out in front of them. Sure its gonna fricking hurt if they hit me but hopefully they fall off the bike and they get in trouble with the law at the same time. Usually they just shout abuse at me as if it's my fault though.
    If you deliberately step out in front of them, hoping that they will fall off, it IS your fault!
    Come again. So when a pedestrian crosses the road when theres a red light and gets hit whether its a cyclist or a motor, its the pedestrians fault

</blockquote
    chizz randy was just going about his daily routine crossing the road when light was red the someone broke law by jumping red light

• Options
    Cant see why you would confront somebody like that & not have the bottle to back it up.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Yes. He said:
    "When I see a cyclist jump a red light... I step out in front of them... hopefully they fall off the bike.
    And my view is that, if someone deliberately steps in front of a cyclist (whether or not the cyclist has jumped a red light), in the hope they knock them off, then that is the pedestrian's fault. If the cyclist has jumped the red light, he's culpable too. But, simply because the cyclist is on red (or the pedestrian crossing is on green), doesn't absolve the pedestrian of the duty to take suitable care.

We can't have a society in which, when someone sees another person breaking the law, he can take it into his own hands also to break the law in order for retribution and expect to be absolved of culpability. Innit?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

clb74 said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Yes. He said:
    "When I see a cyclist jump a red light... I step out in front of them... hopefully they fall off the bike.
    And my view is that, if someone deliberately steps in front of a cyclist (whether or not the cyclist has jumped a red light), in the hope they knock them off, then that is the pedestrian's fault. If the cyclist has jumped the red light, he's culpable too. But, simply because the cyclist is on red (or the pedestrian crossing is on green), doesn't absolve the pedestrian of the duty to take suitable care.

We can't have a society in which, when someone sees another person breaking the law, he can take it into his own hands also to break the law in order for retribution and expect to be absolved of culpability. Innit?
    John boys doing it with his brake fluid in his bottle
  • Options
    Just saw a woman on BBC London News from a local cyclists group standing at the lights at Bow Roundabout, advising other cyclists to jump the red lights and just go by the traffic. Blaaady idiot
  • Options
    I am more amazed by the quality of video from the helmet-camera, bloody amazing really that something relatively cheap and parked on a bike helmet can produce clear video like that.

How long before more people are using these in their jobs to enable 'monitoring of performance' and so on?
  • Options
    ^^^^ your idea has already arrived
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Car driver in the right. Entitled to react to the aggression shown by the cyclist. However, cyclists now an absolute pain in London. Not the ones who cycle correctly, the ones who continue to jump red lights and weave in and out going over Blackfriars Bridge. So, IMO, car drivers always right. Cycling should only be allowed on pavements unless they have a licence plate and pay road tax.
  • Options
    That sort of thing never happens up here in the north. Far more genteel with our cobbled streets, tractors and penny farthings.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    masicat said:

Car driver in the right. Entitled to react to the aggression shown by the cyclist. However, cyclists now an absolute pain in London. Not the ones who cycle correctly, the ones who continue to jump red lights and weave in and out going over Blackfriars Bridge. So, IMO, car drivers always right. Cycling should only be allowed on pavements unless they have a licence plate and pay road tax.

To be clear, road tax does not exist. It hasn't done for 70+ years. Road upkeep is paid for via general taxation, so your point is totally irrelevant and incorrect :) as for your suggestion cyclists should be on the pavements......

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Huskaris said:

I haven't managed to attempt this yet but I would quite like to lift a cyclist clear off their bike in a kind of one armed bear hug if they skip a red light. Would definitely mean they wouldn't do it again. As a pedestrian I feel more at risk from moron cyclists than car drivers.

That would be up the with chesting and volleying the ball back if it came to you in the crowd that
    Yeah. I am 13st10 and pretty strong if I do say so myself so reckon I could do it with someone up to 10 stone if I get the right angle. Could be completely wrong though!
    Rob62 said:

masicat said:

To be clear, road tax does not exist. It hasn't done for 70+ years. Road upkeep is paid for via general taxation, so your point is totally irrelevant and incorrect :) as for your suggestion cyclists should be on the pavements......

Try taking up that argument with the DVLA.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    There wouldn't be an argument, it simply doesn't exist. Car drivers pay a car tax, which is totally based on emissions and doesn't fund the upkeep of roads. Not to mention a large number of cyclists will also own a car, sop be paying the car tax anyway.

If you don't believe me, take a look here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23694438
  • Options
    Don't drive or ride a bike but don't have sympathy for the cyclists, he's sprinted off to be aggressive to the driver and has got a slap for his troubles, I'm a believer in if you try act the hard man then you got to have something to back it up, which is why your won't see me running/cycling to gob of to someone.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

clb74 said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Yes. He said:

we can't be a society in which one person who breaks the law and puts the safety of others at risk can point at some one doing something as simple as crossing the road on a green man and say that they were "trying" to get in their way and is the one at fault. Think of the can of worms that opens up. Think of a mugger running off with an old lady's purse, if you step in and knock them to the ground is that your fault that he mugged the woman and you can be done for assualt?? Absolute madness and PC nonsense. It's never the criminal's fault.

In regards to the video they're both idiots. Goes to show the kind of people the ride a bike around, completely oblivious to the dangers they consistently and blindly put themselves in. But then.. I shouldn't tar all of them with the same brush.

• Options
    I would like to clarify at this point that I was joking about the paint stripper before the lawyers start trawling this thread :)
  • Options
    In regards to the video they're both idiots. Goes to show the kind of people the ride a bike around, completely oblivious to the dangers they consistently and blindly put themselves in. But then.. I shouldn't tar all of them with the same brush.

I agree with you that the cyclist shouldn't have reacted in the way he did, but I can understand why he's annoyed. The driver has come into the box and sped away ahead of the cyclists, putting them in unnecessary danger (It is more dangerous than simply waiting behind as he should) and for what? Stopping a few seconds earlier at the next set of reds?
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

There wouldn't be an argument, it simply doesn't exist. Car drivers pay a car tax, which is totally based on emissions and doesn't fund the upkeep of roads. Not to mention a large number of cyclists will also own a car, sop be paying the car tax anyway.

If you don't believe me, take a look here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23694438

And national insurance doesn't pay for my pension either! Doesn't mean I can't pay it.

For someone that has a lot of references I have one for you.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=pedant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Having seen it happen it hurts the cyclist a lot more. :-)
  • Options
    I don't agree that it's pedantic to point out that there's no such thing as road tax. In fact, it should be made far more obvious to people. Calling it 'road tax' confers a sort of legitimacy on idiots like Clarkson who believe that somehow they 'own' the roads they're driving on because 'they' pay for them.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

clb74 said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Yes. He said:

Lol. And what if I stepped out in front of the cyclist who went through a red light and hadn't seen him but he hits me and also falls
    off his bike. Am I taking the law into my own hands then.

Anyway. I see a classic tonight. Johnboy and the rest of the cyclists might be familiar with. Maybe they even do it themselves. When a cyclist actually waits at the red light but doesn't want to put his fit down so tries balancing while stationary. Tonight's cyclist on kentish town road done this and completely stacked it. Surprised he didnt blame me.
  • Options
    LOL - cleatfail. Always amusing (unless it happens to be you toppling over in slow motion...) :o)
  • Options
    Seen it a few times now. Does make me chuckle.
  • Options

Mad fuckers on both sides of the argument. Driving or cycling in London is a mugs game eh?

Most amusing cycling related incident I witnessed was years ago on a packed commuter train that pulled up at Lewisham station. It had been a pleasure of a trip from London Bridge as most on here have experienced. It had pissed down in a freak thunderstorm in London and the carriage was absolutely heaving with sweaty rain drenched cheesed off humanity. The train had stopped literally 20 times at sets of points and had taken an age. As the doors opened and people literally fell out of the carriage, one of those lycra clad cycling Nazis tried to board with his bike. People literally could not budge if they wanted to, a sort of commuter wave rippled down the carriage and a few fucks were thrown as it got heated but the Sir Bradley Wiggins wannabe was not going to give up. Leaning squeezed up against the far door reading a sopping ES, I was witnessing civilisation break down before my very eyes as it escalated and kicked off. All of a sudden a huge bloke waiting to get on also, reached in, got hold of the bike half way in the carriage and literally threw it down the platform, followed next by the cyclist, "You gotta fuckin bike, fuckin use it!". He then miraculously squeezed into the carriage just as the doors closed shut and off the train went. 30 years of commuting and I have seen most things but that was one of the stand outs.

Cor, don't you go on...

; )
  • Options

Hero.
    Cyclists are a problem, take up half the road by not sticking to the side and then moan when you over take, twats

A prime example why all drivers should be forced to sit a compulsory cycling part of the driving test. Then you would realise why we dont ride in the bloody gutter. Idiot.
    masicat said:

Car driver in the right.

I'll stop you right there if you dont mind. The driver in this example invaded the ASL. That big white box at the front with a cyclist printed on the tarmac is an ASL. Are you aware of this? Clearly not. He is in the wrong. Its against the highway code, against the law and up until a few weeks back would have got an instant ticket from the old bill manning the junctions like they were. That makes him a cockwomble. The rest of your argument is totally invalid.

Wondered how long the "cyclists should pay road tax" thing would take...

Anyway. I see a classic tonight. Johnboy and the rest of the cyclists might be familiar with. Maybe they even do it themselves. When a cyclist actually waits at the red light but doesn't want to put his fit down so tries balancing while stationary. Tonight's cyclist on kentish town road done this and completely stacked it. Surprised he didnt blame me.

Haha, the slow motion ones are brilliant, except when you're on the receiving end. I dont know if any of you know the junction of Beesfield Lane on Eynsford Road, its a side road on a fairly average hill which leads down to Knatts Valley. I'd bought new overshoes and part of the overshoe got jammed in with my cleat. I'd managed to cycle 50 odd miles without clipping out and I literally crawled to a stop, struggling to clip out but I just couldnt. I came to a stop. Panic ensued. I managed to track stand for about 30 seconds but then I overbalanced because of the hill. I literally tipped straight over still clipped in and rolled and I ended up flat on my back, still attached to the bike as if I was riding the bike on the ceiling. I was absolutely pissing myself laughing as was the passengers in the two cars behind and the two cars waiting to turn into the road. I couldnt move and I was totally stuck. Two of the drivers literally picked me up and dumped me on the curb and held me upright until I managed to get out of my shoes. Bruised arse, bruised back and ribs but most importantly, not a scratch on the bike :)

• Options

I am more amazed by the quality of video from the helmet-camera, bloody amazing really that something relatively cheap and parked on a bike helmet can produce clear video like that.

How long before more people are using these in their jobs to enable 'monitoring of performance' and so on?

You mean like the Met Police?