Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Millwall today announced the signing on a three-year contract of Lee Gregory, aged 25, who scored 31 goals for FC Halifax last season. Reza, aged 26, scored one goal in 15 appearances for us last term. Skrill Conference or World Cup Finals - I'll be interested to see their relative performances for south-east London clubs starting in August.
  • A
    Dazzler21 said:

Why does Reza strap up his arm?

any idea?
  • edited June 2014
    Dazzler21 said:

A

Dazzler21 said:

Why does Reza strap up his arm?

any idea?
    Misspent youth? Hopefully it hasn't affected his eyesight :-0
  • he played well tonight
  • It is a bit of a quandry. I do not think he did much for us last season, however today he's done well, his scoring record at international level is very good.
    I say give him another go next season starting up front ONLY and not deep or wide and let us see what he can do.
  • Another very good game. Next season could be good, if we play him up front.
  • Sponsored links:

• He won't have the same pre-season as the rest of the squad.
  • seth plum said:

He won't have the same pre-season as the rest of the squad.

Especially if Iran make it through the group.
  • If he showed the same passion, heart and commitment for us we'd have a decent player on our hands but so far it's only been in rare flashes for us
  • RD sitting by the phone as I post this. £5m?
  • If he showed the same passion, heart and commitment for us we'd have a decent player on our hands but so far it's only been in rare flashes for us

Maybe playing in his proper position helps.
  • seth plum said:

He won't have the same pre-season as the rest of the squad.

Quite true, the rest of the squad won't have played at the World Cup.

Maybe playing in his proper position helps.
    Aaaaah poor diddums, his attitude for us wasn't good enough no matter what position he was in
    I've always said there was a player in there but the theatrics , fannying around and lack of desire shown in a Charlton shirt leave a black mark against him in my book , especially when you see what he can do with Iran.
    If (and when) Marcus Bent or Jerome Thomas put in the same sulky shit performances for us as Reza has , they'd be slated for it non stop but cos this fella plays well for Iran and is at the World Cup some may be able to turn a blind eye towards his shitness for us
    I hope he can up his game this season but it won't change the fact he was toilet for the majority of his performances last season

I believe if he gets his attitude right we have a player but he's got to come to the Charlton table and do his stuff before I start dropping to my knees blowing his trumpet !
    You and I must have been watching a different player last season.

I certainly don't want to see you on your knees blowing Reza's trumpet!!!
  • I don't blame any player taking it easy in WC year (I don't think he did btw). Once in a lifetime chance for most of the weaker nations.
    If we don't sell him, he will come back stronger and better for us next season
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought he played as an individual more than a team player , held on to the ball too long and didn't release it enough
  • Not really NLA, I would also add that (in an effort to prove himself) he would often take a shot when a cross/pass was a better option, and while it improved with time, he really wasn't very effective for Charlton at closing people down. That said, all four weaknesses seem to have vanished at the WC so if we get that player back instead of the one we sent we might well end up with the mythical '20-per-season' striker who evaded us for so long.
  • I thought he played as an individual more than a team player , held on to the ball too long and didn't release it enough

probably something to do with looking up and seeing spongefoot making a run
  • I wonder what Bob Peeters made of the performance in his role as a pundit for Belgian TV.
  • That ain't a fair assessment of Reza at all

He was rarely played in the right postition it took him time to adjust and settle in

His strength was not what the championship dictates it needs to be

The team was set up for a different style of approach play

Reza showed great movement he showed that he could make superb runs into channels and the box

His finish at Leeds showed the bit has talent and an eye for goal

He dives too much yep 100%

Got knocked off the ball to easily yep 100%

The only two criticisms that could rightly be aimed at Reza

This 100%

• Well I wanted him to do well in this tourno, and last night he arguably exceeded everyone's highest expectations. Delighted for him, and great kudos for us.

So now a great deal depends on his attitude when he returns. It clearly wasn't right. I can make a case that it wasn't just a "bad" attitude. We don't know the circumstances by which he arrived in SE7 or how he felt about it.

It's certainly true that if he had not come in Jan, but instead we had learnt around now that he was heading our way from Standard, we'd be jumping up and down with glee.

But lets see. The World Cup is full of players who briefly shine but then fail to do it consistently at club level. I can think of Czechs, such as Poborski and Baros.I'm hopeful, but not yet ready to be confident.
  • edited June 2014
    Be realistic - he's playing in a side who have been completely written off in this tournament. Argentina, rightly or wrongly, probably went into that game thinking they'd win reasonably comfortably. Reza looked like a decent player but he has nothing to lose; There's no pressure on Iran to win so he's bound to put a shift and a half in. Furthermore, he is playing with a bunch of hot-dog sellers from Iran who probably aren't as technically gifted as he is (relatively speaking).

One decent performance does not invalidate the fact that he was useless last season and he cannot exactly argue that he didnt get an opportunity to prove himself. He scored 1 goal for us, and even during that Leeds game, I thought he should have come off!
  • Once in a lifetime opportunity for him. Hopefully can start giving the full 100% effort when he comes back.

clearly a good touch and a lot of energy ...sniffs off opportunities and mostly works the keeper.
    But the pronounciation!!! How hard can it be - goo-channy-e-ghad. They cant even get close on itv or bbc
  • Be realistic - he's playing in a side who have been completely written off in this tournament. Argentina, rightly or wrongly, probably went into that game thinking they'd win reasonably comfortably. Reza looked like a decent player but he has nothing to lose; There's no pressure on Iran to win so he's bound to put a shift and a half in. Furthermore, he is playing with a bunch of hot-dog sellers from Iran who probably aren't as technically gifted as he is (relatively speaking).

One decent performance does not invalidate the fact that he was useless last season and he cannot exactly argue that he didnt get an opportunity to prove himself. He scored 1 goal for us, and even during that Leeds game, I thought he should have come off!

Hot dog sellers???

Fucking hell.