Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Only Charlton would send a player to the World Cup who's actually worse than Simon Church

I think you'll find that Iran picked him rather than Charlton sending him.
  • edited June 2014
  • Can someone straighten out who picked him?
  • We definitely sent him, hoping Iran would pay some of his wages...
  • Proud to see an Addick playing at the World Cup. I hope he has a great tournament for Iran. Can only be good for us if he does get more experience and profile.

Same.
  • Bagpuss said:

Can someone straighten out who picked him?

Roland.
  • I am really looking forward to this one...Charlton Athletic v Nigeria in the World Cup finals, who'd a thought it?
  • Yep, I am also really looking forward to this - good luck Reza
  • Good header,well saved
  • Another effort not far wide
  • Sponsored links:

• He is doing well
  • Another long range effort,bit ambitious
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 8m
    Reza shoots wide from the edge of the box. He seems to have made an impression on commentator Kevan Chilblaines. #OnlyReza
  • Iran starting to look dangerous on the break
  • Sliced shot,difficult chance
  • I'm sorry but you're only saying that as he's Charlton. He's been very ordinary.
  • I'm sorry but you're only saying that as he's Charlton. He's been very ordinary.

Maybe, but the match was full of quality, wasn't it?
  • Fair point, shocking game really
  • I think he did well, one of motm contenders. Good control for many long balls laid off well. Perhaps 4/5 shots. Looked dangerous. How bad were we to give him worse service?
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited June 2014
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/27442496

CLOSE!

Iran 0-0 Nigeria

Posted at 36 mins

So close for Iran. It has taken them over half an hour to win their first corner but it almost results in a goal as Reza Ghoochannejhad forces a fine save after Ashkan Dejagah's flag kick.

Has a Charlton player (still playing for Charlton) scored a world cup goal ?

• This made me laugh as well. Seems being in South London is rubbing off on Reza. One more season and he will be a terror !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/27442496

Iran 0-0 Nigeria

Posted at 21 mins

Nigeria's Godfrey Oboabona is carried off on a stretcher after coming off worse in a challenge with Charlton forward Reza Ghoochannejhad.

The Super Eagles are down to 10 men while Oboabona receives treatment on the side of the pitch.
  • thought he was good tonight .. but he really is terrible in the air
  • Swisdom said:

I'm proper excited to see a cafc player on the greatest stage. Really wish him well

I would hope there isn't a single Charlton supporter who does not wish him well.
  • I am really looking forward to this one...Charlton Athletic v Nigeria in the World Cup finals, who'd a thought it?
  • Why does Reza strap up his arm?
  • Thinking the same thing. The camera was loving him, as well. I thought he had an OK game, to be fair. Iran would be happy with that result.
  • thought he was good tonight .. but he really is terrible in the air

So was Clive Mendonca.

;o)

• Oggy Red said:

thought he was good tonight .. but he really is terrible in the air

So was Clive Mendonca.

;o)

Think he only scored one header for Charlton. Home to Wolves?