Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• shine166 said:

markmc68 said:

Maybe reza will end up top scorer at the World Cup and we flog him for 12 million.

Hope so, that'll win me 3grand
    Was that part of the Reza deal when we signed him then, you get a sell on fee lol :-)
  • shine166 said:

markmc68 said:

Maybe reza will end up top scorer at the World Cup and we flog him for 12 million.

Hope so, that'll win me 3grand
    Was that part of the Reza deal when we signed him then, you get a sell on fee lol :-)
    :) nah, he's 1000/1 on betvictor
  • Did anyone hear the preview on Radio 5L this morning? They had a couple of kids on - think they were 7 and 5. Much more knowledgeable than the normal pundits - one of them started going on about Victor Moses for Nigeria when the other piped up - what about Iran? They have a Charlton player Reza Ghoocheannajhad...
  • We should run a sweep to see how many times he gets knocked to the floor by the Nigerians. I'm betting 22
  • edited June 2014

We should run a sweep to see how many times he gets knocked to the floor by the Nigerians. I'm betting 22

You forgot to add "times in the first 10 mins" at the end of your prediction!
  • I dunno about anyone else but I'm currently working 1-11pm six days a week to be able to pay the bills for me and my girlfriend, whilst she studies her masters to get a decent enough job to be able to live comfortably in London. She didn't get a student loan for this year so she's having to use all her savings and will enter a 30k job in October over 55k in debt. I would love to be good enough at football to be able to get paid for doing something I love but the long and short of it is I never had a chance, and wasn't ever good enough. Credit to reza though for getting this far and getting to play on the grandest stage of them all, and I hope he becomes a hero.

Still don't want him starting every game for us next season though
  • Mad to think Reza will be sharing a pitch with Messi.

Good article on football in Iran here - http://www.theguardian.com/world/iran-blog/2014/jun/16/iran-gripped-by-world-cup-fever-just-watching-from-home
  • Er…I'm manager of Standard Liege…on Football Manager. Astrit still has his fitness issues and Reza isn't making my team anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish him luck and am delighted a Charlton striker is playing in the World Cup. I'm tuning in tonight, hoping he will make my previous comments look very silly.
  • edited June 2014
    I hope he has a blinder over the next 3 games and attracts interest from other European clubs. The championship type of play does not suit his game and would look better in a league where he's given more time on the ball.

His goal at Elland Road proves he has the ability given time and space. Sadly I can't see that happening in a Charlton shirt on a consistent basis.
  • I wish him luck and am delighted a Charlton striker is playing in the World Cup. I'm tuning in tonight, hoping he will make my previous comments look very silly.

Good post, Praguey. We've got a Charlton player at the World Cup.
    I'll add my best wishes too.

Good luck, Reza!

• What odds on a Reza hat-trick tonight?
  • Just watch, he'll be past the defence, around the goalkeeper, bearing down and BOOM over the crossbar it goes and there will be a race to fill this thread with 'He's been Charltonised/crap/get rid'... so I am getting in there now for the gloating rights. :)
  • Only Charlton would send a player to the World Cup who's actually worse than Simon Church
  • Only Charlton would send a player to the World Cup who's actually worse than Simon Church

Really

We didn't send him anywhere. Iran picked him.
  • Sponsored links:

• A repeat of his goal against Leeds would get the world talking.
  • Bloody hell have you seen the Club's FB page... the Iranians have taken over. I cant do the hearts thingy >>>>

and now some Nigerians getting invovled... "The God we worship is not a dead one. The team that is better prepared physically and spiritually will carry de day . As we respect Iran they too should know that they are playing with the Nigerian spirit its never over until its over."

Some heavy stuff going on but fascinating all the same... with a few ignorant comments by charlton fans too of course!!

• I'm not showing any lack of understanding. He's the worst of our poor strikers; he can't make runs and he can't defend. He's managed one goal during quite a lot of playing time and I managed to see it live!

The teams Iran have played against are not of the same quality as the teams in the Championship.
  • Swisdom said:

You may all mock - but he is a national hero, playing for his country in a World Cup finals in Brazil

What are you doing with your life?

Lol, never criticised a player on here ? If so you must be the only person.
  • Reza is too good for Charlton , his game would be better appreciated if he were playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid.
  • Go reza!
  • Good luck Reza, I'll be cheering you on to score in all your games
  • shine166 said:

Swisdom said:

You may all mock - but he is a national hero, playing for his country in a World Cup finals in Brazil

What are you doing with your life?

Lol, never criticised a player on here ? If so you must be the only person.
    Far from it but this is different - this is a guy at the World Cup representing his nation and is absolutely idolised by his nation. We should support him but some comments on here are, I think, harsh. One person summed it up well - 10 in 14 for your country is a cracking strike rate, regardless of your opponents.

Saying he is the worst of our strikers is OTT too