Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton (Battle of the Athletics) | Sat 1st Feb 2014 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Hattrick for Peter Parsley!
  • Options

Comfortable away win 4-0.

This, way hey!!
  • Options
    We'll definitely lose but who cares. We' re gonna win the next 19

Wigan 3 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    Wigan 5 - Charlton 1
  • Options
    Thuram
    Nego Morro Wood Wiggo
    Green Cousins JJ Adjarevic
    Reza Church

2-0 Wigan
  • Options
    I just love the fact we have two new strikers who must both play. First time in a while I not only feel optimistic but this Parzyszek looks hungry young and just what we need. It will be fascinating even if we lose to see how he handles himself. Roll on Saturday.
  • Options
    4-3 win to the Addicks, with the few hundred people who make the trip able to gloat in the do-you-remember-Wigan-away? reminiscences for time immemorial.

Kermorgant hat-trick, Koc
  • Options
    Can't wait. First away I've been able to get to since Bournemouth.

3-2 to us. Kermorgant late winner.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Hard to be positive about this, which is unusual for me ...3-0 defeat

Decided I've been way too pessimistic ...2-2
  • Options
    posting after a couple of glasses of RED....Addicks new look side surprise everyone and win 2-0....Rezza and AA scoring...as others have said..you heard it here first!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CP won't be forced to play players, so starts 4-5-1 with Alnwick up top, Hamer in goal, Rezza and Piotr on the bench until 89th minute and both get a hatrick 6-2 to Addicks, CP lauded for his tactical genius!!!
  • Options
    Optimism!
  • Options
    Impossible to predict this as who knows what the starting line up will be! However, will be optimistic as usual come 2.55 Saturday (usually lasts about 10 minutes), then reality sets in.
  • Options
    Won't need a team bus at the rate players are leaving. Minibus or a couple of taxis will do.

Logic suggests that a team of strangers with a possibly demotivated Yann up front will cop a proper pasting. But this is charlton. Genuinely no idea about this game.
  • Options
    At this rate Wigan won't know the personnel for our team tomorrow let alone us so perhaps the element of surprise may get us the points. Of course we could play like we are a bunch of strangers (wouldn't be the first time) but this time we literally could be and get pasted! I am plumping for 0-0!
  • Options
    Well at least we've screwed with Wigan's preparation for this game
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think Wigan have a Strong enough team not really to worry to much about us. If they play well- they win.
  • Options
    Charlton Ticket News ‏@CAFCTickets 1h
    If you fancy going to @LaticsOfficial tomorrow we have coach spaces. Match tickets are available on the day. No increase in price. #cafc
  • Options
    With everything that is going on you are bound to be pessimistic. Having said that these are professional players being paid good money to perform to the best of their ability. Whatever Chris Powell is thinking his job is to get these players to play. I don't accept the emotional reactions of 4-0 to Wigan , 5-0 to Wigan. I expect the players picked to do their job and if the new players are any good they might just give that extra spark to get a result. Either way I would be disappointed not to get a performance full of fight. I'll forgive any result if I see players trying. What I won't accept is players lying down & saying piss all over me ! My view on life is you never give up & never stop fighting but maybe that's just me ! I normally have some idea of a result in my own mind but in this instance I have no idea ! We will get a a good idea of the way it's going to go after Saturdays result I think !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Nicholas said:

Can see us getting a good hiding, keep things simple and play players in the correct positions give us half a chance please Powell

Alnwick Thuram
    Nego
    Wood
    Morro
    Wiggins
    Green
    Cousins
    Stephens Astrit
    Harriott/koc
    Sordell Parsley
    Church/Kermit just in case he stays. Reza

If Wiggins and Stephens are gone by the time Saturday comes then I don't give a fuck who plays

2-0 to charlton Sordell x2

Wont let me edit my op
  • Options
    3-1 Charlton
  • Options
    Charlton win this 1-0, a new era begins.
  • Options
    song for the day: "Who are ya?"
  • Options
    How can you possibly call this.

1 We don't know who will play
    2 Half the players in the starting 11 are unknowns

However given that this probably also applies to Chris Powell I don't give much to our chances. I guess around Mid night Roland will tell him who is in the squad and tell him to get on with it.
    Welcome one and all to planet Duchaletet.
  • Options
    Sorry but we are going to get slaughtered tomorrow. An almost entirely new team of guys who have never played together before (many of them experiencing their first taste of English football). It's not gonna be pretty!

4-0 to Wigan
  • Options
    4 1 Wigan
  • Options
    Wigan probally had us watched at Doncaster. They have no doubt torn up their notes and told the manager he is on his own. My crystal ball indicates that Athletic will win or draw.
  • Options
    I hope we win just to piss off Rosler again. I remember him having a right mardy when we beat them towards the end of the L1 promotion season. Called us a long ball team. Well jokes on you Uwe as we don't have any strikers over 4ft now. Ha! Wait..
  • Options
    Morale with who's left in the squad will be at an all time low. We've just sold the spine of the team in the past 24 hours. I'd love it if one of the new guys becomes a hero or failing that a JJ winner in the last minute.