Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton (Battle of the Athletics) | Sat 1st Feb 2014 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options

I am currently in the area visiting my son.

Are away tickets available on the day from the ground does anyone know?

almost certainly yes .. ring the Wigan box office tomorrow a.m. and check
  • Options
    So we won't have Stephens tomorrow.

But if he'd been red carded for dangerous play at Huddersfield, he'd have been suspended anyhow.

No doubt Cap'n Jacko will play in tandem with Cousins - anyway the team will need his leadership.

• Options
    Thuram .. Solly Morrison Dervite Wiggins .. Green Jackson Cousins Ajdarevic .. Sordell Church .. no debuts for the rest of the new boys just yet
  • Options
    Solly won't be fit tomorrow, Lincs
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

f** it ..In that case Morrison at r/back and Wood in the middle
  • Options
    If anyone is thinking of going,DONT it will be one of thje most humiliating away trips in recent history.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

No, Lincs, don't go there - not Morrison at RB!

I wonder if they'll pitch Nego in - but I doubt he's ready.
    It's a tricky one.

• Options
    Ah ..... the CP answer:

Play Lennon at LB and Wiggy at RB.
    Sorted.

NB: I damned well hope not!!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

No, Lincs, don't go there - not Morrison at RB!

I wonder if they'll pitch Nego in - but I doubt he's ready.
    It's a tricky one.

not many alternatives ... he'll do a job there .. went there on Tuesday and did not look out of place .. well, no less outta place than anybody else on that dreadful night
  • Options
    Well, Lincs .... it'll be only Morro for tomorrow then.

Wilson should be available after.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well who the bloody hell knows how tomorrow is going to go? i've absolutely no idea about the team or the result...as ever, suspect tommorow might be a bit of a rollercoaster
  • Options
    jams said:

well who the bloody hell knows how tomorrow is going to go? i've absolutely no idea about the team or the result...as ever, suspect tommorow might be a bit of a rollercoaster

And tomorrow night, Charlton Life will again be in meltdown
  • Options
    I think we have to write this one off given all the upheaval.

The players are human and will have their own thoughts on what is happening. Very hard to focus solely on the match in these circumstances.
  • Options
    biggest problem for those of us at the DW tomorrow will be not knowing the squad numbers of any new players.
  • Options

biggest problem for those of us at the DW tomorrow will be not knowing the squad numbers of any new players.

The best you can hope for is to work out which colour Charlton are playing in and support that team. :-)
  • Options
    easy up front to identify

tall blonde geezer= Polish Pete
    Shorter very quick guy = Irainian Dave
    Black guy doing nothing =Sordell
    Guy looking like he is running in slow motion = Churchy

• Options
    1-4 / 1 -5 + to Wigan who have a tough squad who have played a lot of games together against a team who have not played each other with a big time undermined manager. Depends how hard Wigan keep the foot on the accelerator in the game. Anything less than a 3 clear defeat will be a surprise. If CP manages to pull anything out of the game it will be a sign of mangement genius.

• Options
    2-2 I generally believe we will walk away with something
  • Options
    Think everybody has lost the plot, where are we at the moment, bottom 3 because we are not a good team, thats with all these so good players that have left, Dale Stephens was often dropped from the team by CP for no good reason, Yan has not been that great. Why not think great new players might get us out of this mess, to be honest CP has not been doing that great picks the team out of a hat, picks Pritchard ( a joke in this division) as much as I love CP we are in bottom 3 and no win for 10 games in the league a lot of managers would be sacked anyway for that record, lost at home to Millwall, yes we have had the odd good result but overall rubbish. So come on lets give these new players our support, come on you reds.
  • Options
    Cheer up everybody.

Have you forgotten that we're on a Cup run?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure what sort of team will go out there but this is Wigan away where we are not too good. 4-0 to Wigan and that horrible feeling inside just seems to get worse.
  • Options
    Last week you could almost guarantee a heavy away defeat to a strong and in-form side like Wigan.

Now we have sold 3 of our 5 best players and the rest (bar Wiggins) know for sure they wont be getting a new contract, we might as well save the train fare and stay at home.

These unknown reserves, juniors and Belgian league rejects may have made a positive impact to the core of the existing team over time but they are clearly not suitable as short term replacements.

This EU social engineering project will end in tears, relegation and the loss of CP as manager (in reverse order).
  • Options
    We'll put in a good battling performance but we will lose by 2 or 3-0.
  • Options
    Can't predict this one.

Lineup:

Thuram
    Nego Morro Wood Wiggo
    Green Cousins Adjarevic JJ
    Reza Church
  • Options
    Looking forward to this. Almost a home game, new players, another successful northern day out. Re. ex players. Gone but not forgotten now move along. None of this is remotely like flogging Robert Lee.
  • Options
    timken said:

If anyone is thinking of going,DONT it will be one of thje most humiliating away trips in recent history.

miserable b******d
  • Options
    Rob said:

Can't predict this one.

Lineup:

Thuram
    Nego Morro Wood Wiggo
    Green Cousins Adjarevic JJ
    Reza Church

i also think we will line up like that

on valley away coach right now

COYR
  • Options
    I'm gonna write this one off. Our season starts next week...
  • Options

easy up front to identify

tall blonde geezer= Polish Pete
    Shorter very quick guy = Irainian Dave
    Black guy doing nothing =Sordell
    Guy looking like he is running in slow motion = Churchy

LOL

Good stuff

I expect us to lose, so we will probably win :) Also bet against us so hopefully they prove me wrong

I think could be a few games for the new boys to get into it, defo too soon today