Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket.

Comments

• Options

Already got mine for next season (five year VIP) and money and health permitting will be getting a ST for as long as possible.

Everyone's personal choice but I support Charlton Athletic. No one promised us a rose garden.

I beg your pardon?
    It's a song.
  • Options
    eug72 said:

I agree the club is bigger than any player or manager but there are ways of doing and running things. I have also had a season ticket through thick and fin ... Palarse, upton park and so on but this is beyond a joke. CP is charlton as far as I'm concerned and if they treat him like shit and the rumors are true that he new nothing of yans potential move they can do one.

You need to work on your spelling!
  • Options
    Not surprising, contract renewal, little investment in playing squad and a crap pitch. Not selling points to attract people to pay £400
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Its probably frustration and being annoyed at what,s going on,in all honesty I expect I will renew.The post was because I care,it might not look like it ,but I do.

That's better! You're cheering me up now!
  • Options
    I won't be renewing if I think it's going in straight into the owners pocket and not on strengthening the side.
  • Options
    By and large, the price of next year's season ticket is the price after the deadline for renewing. So, for example, my season ticket this year cost £440 because I renewed before the deadline whereas if I had re-newed after the deadline it would have been £475.

This means that next year's ST is likely to cost £475. (And it could be more - I noted with interest one of Michael Slater's farewell remarks that "many people thought football at the Valley was too cheap). That said, it will be fascinating to see if the club try to push through that rise should we go down.

I suspect that many of those on here who say they will buy a ST until their dying days will put up with anything because of their love for the club. But equally there are many people who love the club - and I include myself in this - who look at what is going on and think to themselves £475 to watch this shower on a mudheap - they must be joking. Indeed, how many times in the last few years have I gone home feeling really entertained after a home game? Probably not even double figures.

I'm not going to say I'm not going to re-new but I certainly no longer have the blind loyalty that so many on this site do. Frankly, I'm not going to be taken for a fool for these sort of prices. And what is happening at the club at the moment is taking us for fools with a capital F.
  • Options
    Dig in Delboy, deep breaths squire !
  • Options

I won't be renewing if I think it's going in straight into the owners pocket and not on strengthening the side.

You really belive a half billionaire is only interested in your £400?

Cockwomble.

• Options

Really? I know you come a long way mate and things like the Barnsley debacle really peed you off but I'll have a friendly fiver you do. :-)
  • Options
    waldo said:

Derek1952 said:

I have followed Charlton since 1952, but if we go down or thing,s do not improve I will not renew my season ticket. SORRY.

Sad. I have supported since 1947 and have experienced much worse than an average Championship player being sold before he goes for nothing. For example The loss of Stuart Leary to QPR in 1962 was i.m.h.o far far worse. Needless to say I shall be renewing my two season tickets. Reconsider!
    Are you that fat?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    waldo said:

Already got mine for next season (five year VIP) and money and health permitting will be getting a ST for as long as possible.

Everyone's personal choice but I support Charlton Athletic. No one promised us a rose garden.

I beg your pardon?
    It's a song.
    Whoosh !
  • Options
    On a day like today, people are going to say that they're not renewing. Instead of slagging them off, as one or two have, try having a bit of emotional intelligence. People who have followed the club for decades deserve better than to be called disloyal.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

You really belive a half billionaire is only interested in your £400?

Cockwomble.

It's believe -

Window Licker
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Really? I know you come a long way mate and things like the Barnsley debacle really peed you off but I'll have a friendly fiver you do. :-)
    Your probably right but the way i feel at the moment there's no chance.
  • Options

I beg your pardon?
    Glad someone got it
  • Options

Am amazed it has taken this long for this thread to appear to be honest.

FFP is going to mean that we can offer contracts of a certain amount only. If we increase turnover we might be able to offer better contracts.

This is true but surely our turnover must be quite a bit higher than clubs who seem to be bringing actual players in, not nobody's who can't get a game for their owners other clubs. Or actually give their current squad and manager contracts they deserve. I'll always support my club but I might be a bit more choosy about what games I go, if we go down. That said I still don't think we will go down
  • Options

FFP is going to mean that we can offer contracts of a certain amount only. If we increase turnover we might be able to offer better contracts.

That said I still don't think we will go down
    I'm happy for you, but how on earth have you arrived at that conclusion?
  • Options
    Of course, if you REALLY support Charlton, you'll buy a ticket for each game. More money for the club.

;-)
  • Options
    Uboat said:

That said I still don't think we will go down
    I'm happy for you, but how on earth have you arrived at that conclusion?
    Blind hope I think
  • Options
    Love the club, love the badge, they got me as a kid and will have me till the day I die.
    CAFC the team for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

1961 but ditto.

Ok, I take that back. Just the anger and emotion talking. But I am so angry and pissed off as things stand. I love my club and I won't stop supporting them til the day I turn my toes up - but they drive me bloody CRAAZZZYYYY!!!!!!
  • Options
    some one answer me. has there been a more depressing mood from most fans for a long while. i actually don't know having joined the website 6 months ago.
  • Options

some one answer me. has there been a more depressing mood from most fans for a long while. i actually don't know having joined the website 6 months ago.

It certainly feels like a low to me. Last night was rage, today is despair.
  • Options
    Posted in a different thread but more appropriate here:

Players leave, managers leave, owners leave ... they have no loyalty to the club and many are mercenary ... fans remain and we always will, no matter what.

We've seen it time and time again ... and will again in the future.

I will follow this club whatever happens ... I may be very unhappy with a number of issues, but having followed the club since the 60's, nothing surprises me anymore.

We will be around long after virtually everyone currently at the club.
  • Options
    Shooters hill guru I Agree! Supported Charlton since 1990 (when I was 4) enough is enough! We have bought the current situation on ourselves and now were knackered! Renewing ur season ticket gives in, protests and boycotts r what we need!
  • Options

Don't have a season ticket cos of money but in a much healthier place finance wise at the moment so looking into getting one for next season, no matter what league

Championship football is cheaper than the prem....

:-)
  • Options
    I couldnt imagine not having a season ticket regardless of who wears the shirt, there is no doubting the last 48 hours have been pretty miserable and the next 48 hours will be as equally unsettling but the reality is that things are never as good or as bad as they seem.
    I have no idea what the RD plan is but dont subscribe to deliberate relegation or tax evasion. I stayed with the club when we left the Valley, those were bad times, Yann leaving is very sad but if he does leave and is not replaced the new owners certainly wont see me off that easily. Not judging anyone else were all entitled to opinions but its my family history that I cant turn my back on whatever happens.
  • Options

Gawd knows what you two will do if all the other deals go through....

All what deals ? do you seriously think that footballs equivalent of the 7th cavalry is racing to save us ?
  • Options
    After 45 years (most of them mediocre or crappy), I'm not about to stop supporting the club. 100% certain that we'll renew our ST's.

When I was a kid I didn't really have much idea about league position etc and just came to watch one match at a time. When things are dire, I try and do the same... watch one match at a time, let off some steam, go away happy or frustrated then get on with my life. Get emotional when things are good, be philosophical when it's shite.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'll always love and support the club, but this is the wrong time to ask the question. I never thought I'd see the day when Bournemouth nick our best player! It is all a bit too raw right now and relegation was so avoidable!