Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WIGGINS SIGNS 4 1/2 YEAR DEAL - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    Sold for a big fee in the summer then a la Parker.

This is very telling:

“I’ve got security now and I can just concentrate on the football side and staying in the division.

“There were a few little fine details to try and sort out, but I was happy with the contract offer that was put in front of me to start with. Hopefully now other players will get contracts and we can all concentrate on keeping the club up.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140130-wiggins-deal-1328311.aspx#J2q4l1IlfxtXEpjk.99
  • Options
    A statement of intent with a contract that long.
  • Options
    well well pleased.

love watching him play.
  • Options
    Wonderful, just Yann and Morro left out of the key players.
  • Options
    Love that!
  • Options
    Quite interesting and possibly indicative of RD's strategy when tied to the Yann situation. Still worried that all this change at this time of the season will be too disruptive, but we are in bottom 3 without disruption so maybe things can only get better. Big test of CP's powers now.
  • Options
    Get in. Nice one wiggo. Great news.
  • Options
    Our best signing of the window.

... Although the cynic in me says that the long deal is merely to add sell-on value.
  • Options
    Best news of the week. He may well end up as liege's left back next year though!
  • Options
    Good stuff.

More of the same please!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BRILLIANT NEWS!!! Really do rate wiggins
  • Options
    Wow what a rollorcoaster 24 hours. I went to bed last night feeling really down, this afternoon i feel so much better thanks to mr Wiggins etc.

This is why I love Charlton
  • Options
    Great news,I think he'll do really well in the Belgian league next year
  • Options
    Can we now assume that RD isn't a clown that's going to run us into the ground?
  • Options
    Excellent news - a future Prem player if ever I saw one.
  • Options
    Sweet!
  • Options

Wonderful, just Yann and Morro left out of the key players.

And at least one of the Ben's (2-years) along with Hughes and Jacko in Player/Coach roles (1-year rollings)
  • Options

Best news of the week. He may well end up as liege's left back next year though!

se9addick said:

Great news,I think he'll do really well in the Belgian league next year

this and this , that was my first miserable thought after the initial euphoria
  • Options
    Some of the hysterics in the past 24 hours have been extraordinary, and then the switch in moods is something else.
  • Options
    Get in,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

Some of the hysterics in the past 24 hours have been extraordinary, and then the switch in moods is something else.

Apparently when you point that out it is laughable.
  • Options
    Fantastic news. Genuinely delighted with this. The best thing about RD so far for me is the length of contracts he seems to be putting on the table. Sure, it's to guard an investment but how different is this to the Parky years where we gave out 2 year contracts because we couldn't risk not being able to pay anything longer? Wiggy's one of our few players who could do it in the Prem so this is a wonderful signing
  • Options
    Someone once said

"I'll believe it when it is on the OS"

People often misquote or misunderstand that phrase but this is a classic example of what it means.

And I hope I can say the same on the "Yann signs new deal" thread too.

Good news, good player, good deal.
  • Options
    great news
  • Options
    cheered me right up, think he is a great player.

Haven't commented on any of the doom and gloom threads.

Well done Rhoys, you will play in The Prem (with us I hope)
  • Options
    Terrific news. As someone already said, it's the best signing of the window so far. Makes you wonder who is doing the negotiating for the Club? Whoever it is, we'll done to them.
  • Options
    I was trying to decide whether this was a bad day or a good day. Pass me my favourite malt please darling.
  • Options
    although Mick Collins is being deeply cynical on Twitter, suggesting it sorts Liege's left back issues out next season
  • Options
    Obviously dont want yann to go but if RD is going to be careful where he spends his money would rather it be on the younger established players who can still improve rather than 32 year olds with dodgy ankles. Great news and gives me some belief in the RD transfer policy ive been slating on here for the last few days! COYA!
  • Options
    Fantastic!!!!! Could be the best signing of the window.