Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WIGGINS SIGNS 4 1/2 YEAR DEAL - CONFIRMED

124»

Comments

• Options
    Would Wiggins have signed a 4 year contract extension if he knew that Powell was on his way out I wonder? I doubt it.
  • Options

Would Wiggins have signed a 4 year contract extension if he knew that Powell was on his way out I wonder? I doubt it.

I think he would. 4 years security is quite rare in football. I honestly think he couldn't give a toss.
  • Options
    Excellent news.
  • Options

I think he would. 4 years security is quite rare in football. I honestly think he couldn't give a toss.
    Just had a baby as well so security even more important.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if this a silver lining or if it's a case of fattening up the turkey for Christmas (or July).
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1h
    And there is a transfer line on #cafc defender Rhoys Wiggins. Bolton interested. Player has a buyout clause in event of relegation.
  • Options
    What are they going to pay with? Certainly wouldn't take a cheque from them.
  • Options
    All what a contract means now days is that we would be guaranteed a fee for the player
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

What are they going to pay with? Certainly wouldn't take a cheque from them.

Sordell .... :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suspect that Wiggins might be for sale if the right bid came along regardless of the division we are in ,although I hope he stays . I suspect the contract was there to 'protect' our investment. Rhoys does seem to be injury prone and as well as Fox , regular observers of the U21's and youth team suggest that Kadell Daniel , Tareiq Holmes-Dennis and Archie Edwards are also good prospects .Therefore at some stage during the four year contract we might have other good options at left back.

However if he did go,as Simonsen says Bolton are heavily in debt and lose another large chunk of parachute payments next season in readiness of losing them altogether the following season although one possibility crossed my mind. Might he be offered as a swap for Marvin Sordell ? A few weeks ago I would probably have received a dozen LOL's for that,but with Marvin's upturn in form , is it a possibility?
  • Options
    How can Bolton afford anyone with debts of 150 million
  • Options

So much for FFP.
  • Options

So much for FFP.
    Exactly. It's a joke if a club are still allowed to buy other teams best players when they have extortionate debts.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I suspect that Wiggins might be for sale if the right bid came along regardless of the division we are in ,although I hope he stays . I suspect the contract was there to 'protect' our investment. Rhoys does seem to be injury prone and as well as Fox , regular observers of the U21's and youth team suggest that Kadell Daniel , Tareiq Holmes-Dennis and Archie Edwards are also good prospects .Therefore at some stage during the four year contract we might have other good options at left back.

However if he did go,as Simonsen says Bolton are heavily in debt and lose another large chunk of parachute payments next season in readiness of losing them altogether the following season although one possibility crossed my mind. Might he be offered as a swap for Marvin Sordell ? A few weeks ago I would probably have received a dozen LOL's for that,but with Marvin's upturn in form , is it a possibility?

I'm pretty sure every single player in our squad is a available for the right price... and yes, the sordell trade suggestion is laughable. What has he had, a run of 3 good game ?
  • Options
    Bolton for Rhoys is laughable, if on relegation he was to leave I'm sure he could no better (and nearer)
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I would go further and suggest Wiggins will be sold by the end of next season because he has a value and there are other players coming through. Part of reducing the average age of the squad will be to increase sale values of players.
    Sordell coming to the Valley on a permanent basis or another season long loan next time would add value to our squad - not sure Duchatelet has appetite for the kind of wages that Sordell might be on but since Bolton have financial challenges which they have admitted to then perhaps there is a deal to be done?

• Options
    What would he be worth? 2M as still young or would we do a Yann deal and sell him for peanuts.

Would be crazy to sell someone in the back four who are the only reason we may stay up.