Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WIGGINS SIGNS 4 1/2 YEAR DEAL - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    Wonderful news. Top player and good to keep some of the best of our L1 winning side.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

although Mick Collins is being deeply cynical on Twitter, suggesting it sorts Liege's left back issues out next season

Liege's current captain is their left back so i don't think we have any concerns there
  • Options
    proper bonkers day this.

Nice one Wiggy.

Stay fit, please.
  • Options
    deal of the day imo.
  • Options
    Incredible news
  • Options
    great news, surprised how long the contract offer is, but then I guess CP should be a good judge of a Left back!
  • Options
    GREAT NEWS!!
  • Options
    Very happy!
  • Options
    Good news. Evina is one of the worst left backs I have ever seen (only marginally better than seabourne) so I'm delighted Rhys is staying.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Great news, he is a quality player but a little gutted we are not going to rip up our ST's/demonstrate/invade belgium anymore....I guess there is always tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incredible but great news. With these other players coming in on long term deals it shows that they seemed they would cash in on Kermy because of his age. If he goes that is.
  • Options

Good news. Evina is one of the worst left backs I have ever seen (only marginally better than seabourne) so I'm delighted Rhys is staying.

Think that's a bit harsh on Ceddy though I agree he is not up to Champ standard. Time for him to move on and have Morgan Fox step up as cover.
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options

Sold for a big fee in the summer then a la Parker.

This is very telling:

“I’ve got security now and I can just concentrate on the football side and staying in the division.

There were a few little fine details to try and sort out, but I was happy with the contract offer that was put in front of me to start with. Hopefully now other players will get contracts and we can all concentrate on keeping the club up.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140130-wiggins-deal-1328311.aspx#J2q4l1IlfxtXEpjk.99

Indeed. The cynics amongst us might sat that the "little fine details" might be a clause inserted along the lines of should the club be relegated and/or and offer of XXXX is forthcoming he's off.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It wouldn't be the same without Rhoys, model pro so great news for the team and the Manager
  • Options
    VIVA RHOYS WIGGINS, VIVA VIVA RHOYS WIGGINS!
  • Options
    Am sending my season tickets back.
  • Options
    I was resigned to him leaving so this is doubly good news. Hope to see him back to his best form starting Saturday v Wigan.
  • Options
    Best news all day! Well done Rhoys!
  • Options
    The AFCB fan tweets are making me laugh, most along the lines of, 'I've never been so happy we haven't signed a player,' but with more swearing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm glad I sent my season tickets back in disgust with a SAE.
  • Options
    Happy Days.Top top player
  • Options

more important than keeping Yann IMO

• Options
    signed for Charlton or the Belgian's stable?
  • Options

A much better player than Yann, but Yann brings something extra to the team. Absolutely delighted that Rhoys has signed though, a quality classy LB ;-)
  • Options
    This has to be one of the strangest days supporting this mental football club i have ever seen.
  • Options

in the long term definitely yes, in the short term i'd say no
  • Options
    Great news, one of our best players - by a mile.
  • Options
    Nice one Wiggy if you stay injury free you will be playing in the prem within the next 3 years, with us or with a bigger team.