Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Some of our posters tonight...

...and recently in general. I feel genuinely sorry for you that it seems you get so much more pleasure out of us losing and being 'proven right' than if we win.

Proper, proper weird way to live your lives and I'll leave you to it for now I think.

Comments

• Options
    That's almost exactly what I said on the will Powell leave thread. It's as of they want us to go down just so Powell gets sacked and they can say 'I told you so' the out brigade are in their element everytime we lose!
  • Options
    Well you can't blame me. I don't post on Charlton related threads as I just stick to what I know about....
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    When these people do eventually get their own way and Chris Powell gets the bullet and we are lumbered with a foreign coach who knows nothing about our club let alone Championship / league one football I hope they will be extremely happy with themselves .
  • Options
    Avram Grant has just setup multiple accounts
  • Options

When these people do eventually get their own way and Chris Powell get the bullet and we are lumbered with a foreign coach who knows nothing about Championship / league one football I hope they will be extremely happy.

Yep just like when they got their own way when curbs left, they said we needed a new manager to take us to the next level (I assume these were the same brigade), that happened alright down 2 levels. Be careful what you wish for!
  • Options

When these people do eventually get their own way and Chris Powell get the bullet and we are lumbered with a foreign coach who knows nothing about Championship / league one football I hope they will be extremely happy.

Yep just like when they got their own way when curbs left, they said we needed a new manager to take us to the next level (I assume these were the same brigade), that happened alright down 2 levels. Be careful what you wish for!
    Get it right. Alan Curbishley WANTED to leave. Fact.

Be careful what you wish for? What a stupid statement. I wish I won tonight's Lotto. I didn't, but I needn't be careful about it.
  • Options
    5 wins all season so far no wonder we get pissed off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There are people on here whose sole reason for posting is to slate Powell. We've had them around for about two years. Constructive criticism is one thing (Powell has his faults as a manager - a pathological inability to make timely substitutions being one of them) but there is a certain section of our 'support' who take a perverse pleasure in having something about the club to slag off. For as long as I can remember (and I've been following Charlton for 35 years) we've had more than our share of absolute f***ing bellends following us - why would the Internet site be any different to (ahem) 'real life'?

Sooner or later our form will improve and they'll piss off back to ITV, or Powell will be sacked/walk and they can have their little victory street party. Just ignore them and don't give them the oxygen of publicity that they crave.

Party's already planned mate I'm going to love it.Be sure to bring your flask and tartan blanket .O and your picture of SIR CHRIS POWELL ;-))

• Options

Bollocks. Curbishley didn't want to leave. Curbishley wanted a bit more money to spend on players and the board weren't willing to back him. A stalemate then developed over his contract situation, and he left. The sickening thing is, the board then replaced him with that muppet Dowie - who promptly spunked the 12 million quid Curbishley should have been given on utter dross.

Don't try and rewrite history and then drop a snarky response about a perfectly apropos remark to try and score points over one of the least combative, most well-liked posters on here.

Lol!

Where were you? Re-write history? J'accuse!

Curbs was offered a 5 year contract a year before his current one was due to expire. He turned it down but said he'd see out his current deal. It's all in his book Napolean (sic).
    The board, quite rightly, did not want a "lame duck" and so let him leave.
    To suggest that the board would not have given Curbs the money they gave Dowie is frankly laughable. Anyone with a grain of intelligence knew where those funds came from. It was a gamble that failed, as was not letting the new manager appoint his own coaching staff. That may well be the correct way for clubs to go but at the time it was not the correct step for CAFC.
    I replied to a post not a poster, try and get your very large head, and extremely short legs, around that.
  • Options
    Criticism doesn't always mean people want Powell out or take pleasure in the failure.

Sure there are some bad eggs that want some things you don't want, but they're just as entitled to their view as you are. We all support the same club and want it to do as best as it can.

Personally I hope Powell stays and is able to bring in some wide midfielders in the loan window if Koc and Harriott aren't deserving of a first-team place.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Me always with the personal attacks? J'accuse-again!
    You do nothing but try and belittle me on here Leroy, I don't know why. Probably because you are envious of my wit.
    I know you're a short arse because you've told us many times on fitness and dieting threads. I think you may suffer from Napoleon Syndrome because of your constant nastiness and vitriol. I may be wrong.
    Anyway, I do enjoy our exchanges and admit sometimes you win. There are not as many to exchange with these days as Hayes ignores me and somehow peace broke out with me and Beds. There are others who like to troll me and try and make clever remarks but they are not in your or the others I mentioned league.
    I had to look back to see who you said I unjustifiably attacked, I know nothing of Sadiejane, as I said I reacted to the post not the poster.
    For the sake of entertainment; let us please continue our spiteful relationship.
  • Options
    I'll criticise (when justified) Powell for two simple reasons
    A) I don't want him to lose his job, so I'd like him to take note of criticism and endeavor not to keep making the same mistakes.
    B) I don't want to see us get relegated.
    Can mass criticism work? yes, I think it can make people reflect on the way they do things. A case in point would be the outrage following Powell's lack of use of substitutes in the Sheff Wed home game last season. From that point on he made much more use of his substitutes and we had a great end to the season.
    He made use of his subs yesterday, but inviting extra pressure was not the thing to do, we needed to relieve pressure.
  • Options
    We all want the club to succeed whoever is in charge, however it is quite obvious that Chrissy Powell is not the man to bring us success.
    Some people have a very strange obsession with Chrissy, one that is a bit like teenage girls and Donny Osmond or The Bay City Rollers. OK, you love him (I must admit I quite like the bloke) but just because you are in love with him doesn't make him a great manager.
    I don't have any say in what the owners decide but my personal view is that I would like them to get rid of Chrissy Powell but if they decide to stick with him and he does bring us success then I will be as happy as any member of the SCP teenage fan club!
    It's CAFC for me not any individual who comes and goes, CAFC and the success of our club that matters!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leroy Ambrose"
    >There are people on here whose sole reason for posting is to slate Powell. We've had them around for about two years. Constructive criticism is one thing (Powell has his faults as a manager - a pathological inability to make timely substitutions being one of them) but there is a certain section of our 'support' who take a perverse pleasure in having something about the club to slag off. For as long as I can remember (and I've been following Charlton for 35 years) we've had more than our share of absolute f***ing bellends following us - why would the Internet site be any different to (ahem) 'real life'?

Sooner or later our form will improve and they'll piss off back to ITV, or Powell will be sacked/walk and they can have their little victory street party. Just ignore them and don't give them the oxygen of publicity that they crave.

Wellwickman
    It must be demoralising being on a Powell bench knowing that barring injury you will get 5 mins of normal time at best. Given up going away so admit the 778 are the true supporters. Lost count of the times initiative wrested from CP at home. Slow starts don't bother me as we usually improve during 3rd Q.
    How can you not use fresh legs On a pudding of a valley pitch. We deserved to beat Notts but the blame for other home draws must be laid at Powell's door. Hes forgotten how to fashion victory at the valley.
    We've been dealt a new hand under RD. Unlike some I would not have been suicidal had CP & co gone before chrimbo. We are stuck with this management team so we may as well rally round him.
    That's my final say on the matter.

• Options
    I want to see better passing football from whoever manages / coaches Charlton.

Watching the Youth Team confidently pass the ball around, strike back after Southampton equalised and hold a 2 goal lead without any kind of panic made me think about the disconnect between that style of play and the football that is played at first team level. I know that the lack of resources and quality has played a big part of that.

I love Charlton, my team, catching up and watching football with my brother. The football part is something that I have suffered with and I want that part to be different.

I hope that CP is given a decent midfield so he has a chance to make a go of it. It would be nice that there is sufficient service for Reza and the Polish lad to knock the goals in. Particularly for Reza to be in great confident shape for the World Cup and Charlton to be in the Champs next season.
  • Options

When these people do eventually get their own way and Chris Powell gets the bullet and we are lumbered with a foreign coach who knows nothing about our club let alone Championship / league one football I hope they will be extremely happy with themselves .

And I assume that if a foreign coach comes in, starts playing attractive expansive football, starts getting results, and keeps us in the Championship then the keep CP brigade will be well and truely pissed off.
  • Options

And I assume that if a foreign coach comes in, starts playing attractive expansive football, starts getting results, and keeps us in the Championship then the keep CP brigade will be well and truely pissed off.
    I would be disappointed if he went as I think he has proved he can produce good teams with reasonable backing, which he hasn't had this season until now. If a new guy came in, of course I would support him and be happy if we stay up, playing better football. With the new guys and hopefully a couple of loans coming in, I expect the football to improve anyway (if CP gets the chance).
  • Options
    Roland's not gonna like them stats, whichever way a powell out or a powell supporter spins it

wigan 68% possession
    wigan 28 shots - charlton 5
    wigan 14 corners - charlton 3

whichever way you look at it, i think scabby will be getting his wish
  • Options
    If Powell keeps this team up, it will be a much bigger achievement than getting promoted from Div 1. He would be the new Lennie!
  • Options
    Crikey this is all so depressing. Can we not just all agree to support the man in charge and see where it leads us? The man who pla