Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Some of our posters tonight...

Comments

• Options
    D_F_T said:

OK Seth Plum, I for one accept your apology.

I have not apologised, but expressed some regret and tried to explain myself.
    I have not apologised to you.

• Options
    seth plum said:

D_F_T said:

Are you a Liberal peer Seth?
  • Options
    Is Seth not at least allowed to raised it? I disagree with him, but he's got a right to raise it, and for others to shoot it down.

Can't be doing with people playing the victim over Seth's post either
  • Options
    I think they were calling him a dog shit manager, not calling him a dog shit person jheeez
  • Options
    Is any of this about Chris anymore
    It's only really on the internet don't see any of it at the games
    another problem is things can come across wrong on the internet
    The twist part in my last post could come across wrong
    I meant something has been added to the song
  • Options
    David Mooney is dog shit
  • Options

I don't understand why there're more and more people blaming it all on CP?The contract issue,the pitch problem,the take-over deal,the loss of key players in the January window,the task of assembling a team of remaining players and newcomers that almost no-one's heard of.And people assume it's easy?We're where we're now for reasons but venting anger on Powell at the moment seems pretty lame.The next few months is crucial.The worst case scenario is we get relegated and CP gets fired.If people keep slagging off CP and the team,it'll simply do no good and we'll get there (the worst case scenario) anyway.So why not stick together and get behind the team - it won't 100% guarantee a good outcome but at least it won't make things worse?

PS.I can see this thread being closed soon...

...you're not a proper Lifer until you've been flagged and had a thread closed Jessie

;-)
  • Options

David Mooney is dog shit

Racist
  • Options
    edited February 2014

David Mooney is dog shit

While I would love to see us with a team of Premier/International class players – what I look for in the players we do have is that they put in a shift and play to the best of their ability even if they’re not top class. To me any player who does that (including Mooney) doesn’t deserve that kind of abuse either during a game or on a forum like this.

Chris Powell deserves it even less after what he achieved in his first 2 full seasons as a manager and with what he has had to try and cope with this season – and the anonymous ‘keyboard warrior’ clown who posted that about him on ‘100 reasons that Chris Powell is the best manager for CAFC’ (“Reason 101 - Powell is dog shit”) needs to look at himself and get a proper sense of proportion and perspective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

seth plum said:

D_F_T said:

Are you a Liberal peer Seth?
    yes

• Options

I think they were calling him a dog shit manager, not calling him a dog shit person jheeez

'Reason 101 - Powell is dog shit'

There it is...can't see the word manager there can you?

• Options
    seth plum said:

I think you need to stop taking everything so literally
  • Options

seth plum said:

I think some posters need to expand their vocabulary & stop using such ridiculously emotive terms as the one quoted.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

seth plum said:

Oh, so will you supply a handbook of interpretations then?
    I like good writing, poetic even if it is there, humour, something compelling or intriguing even.
    However. 'Powell is dog shit' is difficult for me to interpret as anything other than straight forward nastiness, maybe you are able to read between the lines and can enlighten me!

• Options

seth plum said:

I think some posters need to expand their vocabulary & stop using such ridiculously emotive terms as the one quoted.
    The amount of times i have seen 'wilson is dog shit' or 'pritchard is shit'

im guessing they mean as a person than a footballer then? Noone batters an eyelid at that but as soon as someone calls powell shit they may be racist

This is where the powell love has got ridiculous

Also i hope seth doesnt think when people write 'church is pony' that he actually thinks church may be an animal
  • Options
    seth plum said:

D_F_T said:

Sorry Seth Plum, I took that as a general apology and I accepted on a personal level hoping to bring this nasty subject to an end. My mistake and I apologise for it.

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Don't have to worry much longer Powell been summoned to meeting today By RD

Maybe apologising for Thuram?
  • Options
    If anyone has observed RDs actions in the last few weeks it will be crystal clear that he will make up his own mind about CP as a coach (indeed may already have done so) and will make a decision about his future totally irrespective of the pro and anti views expressed on here or even at the ground.

So, I ask, what possible good will it do the Charlton cause to have all this bitching and in-fighting going on? It won't help CP to have fan unrest on his shoulders as well as all the other problems. It won't help the team to play better and with more confidence. It won't help the new signings settle in. It won't help the youngsters breaking into the team.

For that reason, wanting CP to stay or thinking he should go, I hope all true Charlton fans get 100% behind the team next Saturday. They need our support, as much as ever before. Giving them stick and getting despondent if things don't start well will just add to the pressure and the vicious circle. It's been said on here many times that we support Charlton, not CP or any other individual - so regardless of your own perspective, let's show that loud and clear when it counts.
  • Options

seth plum said:

The amount of times i have seen 'wilson is dog shit' or 'pritchard is shit'

im guessing they mean as a person than a footballer then? Noone batters an eyelid at that but as soon as someone calls powell shit they may be racist

This is where the powell love has got ridiculous

Also i hope seth doesnt think when people write 'church is pony' that he actually thinks church may be an animal
    The reason people use terms like 'pony' is because they are holding back from venturing into the world of ignorant, bile fuelled nastiness, as in 'Powell is dog shit.'
    If someone used a term like 'pony' one could admire their restraint and diplomacy, and recognize those as decent qualities.
    I would not like it if for example somebody said my son was 'dog shit', but I would be more biddable if they said my son was 'pony'.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    D_F_T said:

seth plum said:

D_F_T said:

Sorry Seth Plum, I took that as a general apology and I accepted on a personal level hoping to bring this nasty subject to an end. My mistake and I apologise for it.

No need to apologise to me for anything at all, unless it is the clumsy way you try to hide your sarcasm, because you could surely be a lot more subtle.
  • Options
    Time to move on and move up I think!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Don't have to worry much longer Powell been summoned to meeting today By RD

Is this true? And if so you know how?

• Options
    Pardew is and was Dog Shit a manager and as a person this also had nothing to do with the pigment of his skin.

• Options

seth plum said:

Is the Elephant in the room, the hidden agenda, an underlying racism?

No, and never has been. Let's put that one to bed straight away.
    Quite right. On this site anyway.

• Options
    I think people are taking the term 'Dog sh*t' a little bit too literally
  • Options
    Does anyone believe a word of what comes from Colin Sams bitterness?
  • Options

How should a comment like 'Dog shit’ be taken then, in your view?

• Options
    micks1950 said:

How should a comment like 'Dog shit’ be taken then, in your view?

Probably the same way as cat shit, horse shit and more commonly bull shit ;)