Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Manchester City v Barcelona

Comments

• Options
    To be honest - the sending off shouldn't have too much effect - you still need to defend the important areas and let them pass it around elsewhere. Barca will be happy with a lead with 20 or so to go, so won't be desperate and City have quality so could still get back into it. A 1-0 defeat isn't the end of the world. They have to keep their heads though!
  • Options

It wasn't. And yes, DeMichelis is and always has been shite.

When you say it wasn't what was the in reference to if it was about the comment above saying it was outside the area then yes it clearly was, I love Barca but it was a free kick and a red not a penalty
  • Options
    Had a chance, but Clichy lacked the quality. That is what will cost City against Barca - you need to take your chances!
  • Options
    There is a lot of anger against Demichelis but he has been City's most consistent player. True he has been consistently shite but consistent nevertheless.
  • Options
    Everyone having a love in with Lescott of late should watch that backpass. From an attacking position to giving away a corner.
  • Options
    Man CIty have more money than God so why they can't get someone better than Demichelis is beyond me.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Everyone having a love in with Lescott of late should watch that backpass. From an attacking position to giving away a corner.

This. I can count the number of good games I've seen him have on the fingers of one knee.
  • Options
    David Silva has been City's best player.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    While were talking about shite, Milner played a full game against Chelsea Saturday so I suppose that is enough for Hodgson to start him at the World Cup but not good enough to start city's biggest game of the season
  • Options
    This ref has been terrible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Man City are the better team.

Don't let the commentary fawning over Barcelona fool you.

Apart from Demichelis.
    you must be psychic !!!
    Not sure it was that hard to predict!!
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

While were talking about shite, Milner played a full game against Chelsea Saturday so I suppose that is enough for Hodgson to start him at the World Cup

Agreed. How can people say Milner, Lescott and that lot are any good when you watch a game like this and see complete class. The only English player who deserves to be on the field is Joe Hart, and he's a goalkeeper. The last time I checked a Goalkeeper can't compete against a team at the World Cup.
  • Options
    city disappointed me in the 1st 1/2 .. if they'd shown as much aggression and commitment as they've shown after the sending off, they could have won this .. the referee hasn't helped (Barca always get away with more then the oppo) but City have shown Barca too much respect
  • Options
    Tie over
  • Options
    Joe Hart could've done a bit better with that one...
  • Options
    Hart to blame for second
  • Options
    dizzee said:

smiffyboy said:

While were talking about shite, Milner played a full game against Chelsea Saturday so I suppose that is enough for Hodgson to start him at the World Cup

Agreed. How can people say Milner, Lescott and that lot are any good when you watch a game like this and see complete class. The only English player who deserves to be on the field is Joe Hart, and he's a goalkeeper. The last time I checked a Goalkeeper can't compete against a team at the World Cup.
    Milner is suspended, otherwise he would be playing. He's one of City's most effective players, especially in the big games.
  • Options

Hart to blame for second

I wouldn't say so .. 1 on 1 with Alves who simply nutmegged him
  • Options

Hart to blame for second

With his legs wide open. Horrible stance.
  • Options
    shame .. yet another game settled by a sending off .. roll on tomorrow .. I dislike writing this but .. Come on you Gunners !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dizzee said:

smiffyboy said:

Milner is suspended, otherwise he would be playing. He's one of City's most effective players, especially in the big games.
    Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Nagredo, Kompany... Milner? Really? I don't think so mate.
  • Options

Hart to blame for second

Exactly - technically poor
  • Options

Hart to blame for second

legs closed .. he cannot take off in any direction except forward, flat on his face
  • Options
    anyway .. what is .. is
  • Options

dizzee said:

smiffyboy said:

Milner has been excellent for Man City this year by all accounts.

Deserves to go to the World Cup.
  • Options
    I despise Alves and Neymar. Absolutely despise them.
  • Options
    Milner can do a job when you have quality players around him. He is consistent and you know what you are going to get from him. Do England have those quality players? - not so sure!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    Good game that - City will go for it and make it a great second leg. Shame about the penalty as it was outside when showed in slow motion. Still a red card though and Barca deserved their win.