Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best ever last gasp Charlton winners

Comments

• Options

Cliff Durandt v Southampton - the goal meant we had a chance to stay up and we did with wins over Walsall and Luton who were both relegated instead. 1964 at a guess.

Yes. I remember the details slightly differently. In order to stay up we had to win our last two games (against Southampton and Walsall) and Luton had to lose their last one (against Stoke). All this happened, but only because of Cliff's last minute winner against Southampton.

I'm also not sure of the year, but I'd go for 1963.
  • Options
    Danny Green vs Yeovil?

At the same time that he scored with a long range effort (as with the Bournemouth game) the late goals were flying in at our rivals' games and they all went in our favour. Within a couple of seconds we had gone from a frustrating draw against a club that we should have beaten with all our rivals gaining ground on us, to inching further ahead in the promotion/title race. That was a a very good day to be CAFC!
  • Options
    Was Jon Hendry's curler v Milwall a last minute goal?
  • Options

Cliff Durandt v Southampton - the goal meant we had a chance to stay up and we did with wins over Walsall and Luton who were both relegated instead. 1964 at a guess.

Remember this one well, it was 62/63 season.
  • Options
    Mills v Villa and Jensen v Blackburn, both already said but they are the 2 that came to mind when I see the title
  • Options
    Scott Parker vs Leeds Ellend road 1-2.
  • Options
    Not a winning goal but Martin Pringles late equaliser (2-2) at home to Newcastle in our first premier year caused some wild celebrations.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

I fell down the stairs in a 90 minute winner away to Saints years back, we had 10 men. Chris Iwelumo. Only other one that really sticks in my mind was Southend away on a Friday, Kyel Reid. Madness.

Remember the Southampton game well ! Yann's last gasp winner at Bournemouth was also memorable.
    If I recall correctly at the same time as Yann scored against Bournemouth, Wednesday capitulated against Walsall(?) thanks to a mistake by Llera and lost. That was a good minute
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

David Whyte free kick v Brentford back in about 95

Good shout. Was in the Covered End and remember quite an explosion of emotion that night.
  • Options
    KHA said:

Yes. I remember the details slightly differently. In order to stay up we had to win our last two games (against Southampton and Walsall) and Luton had to lose their last one (against Stoke). All this happened, but only because of Cliff's last minute winner against Southampton.

I'm also not sure of the year, but I'd go for 1963.
    You're quite right KHA - both the year and the facts. I had to check. We nobbled Walsall's keeper and another player before the days of subs to win against 9 men.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mills Villa Park all day long ---Browny in goal and we were down untill Mills scored.
  • Options
    Andy Hunt v Coventry City away in FA Cup 5th Round 1999-2000

Scott Parker v QPR at home 1999-2000
  • Options
    edited February 2014

E-cafc said:

David Whyte free kick v Brentford back in about 95

Good shout. Was in the Covered End and remember quite an explosion of emotion that night.
    I have waxed lyrical about that goal on here many times. I still hear the thud of the ball against the underside of the bar and then pandemonium.

Another Whyte classic came soon after. 1-0 down to promotion rivals Stoke with a minute left. We equalize and then Whyte at the same far post as JJ today heads in. Wonderful memories.
  • Options
    The name shirtliffe rings a bell, doubt it was important.
  • Options
    Gary Nelson at Derby away in last minute bundling in the rebound after Leaburn`s header hit the bar back in about 91-92
  • Options
    1 mills at villa
    2 Yann brnmth
    3 jacko vs qpr
  • Options
    Kevin Lisbie at Ipswich away 2001
  • Options

The name shirtliffe rings a bell, doubt it was important.

That does ring a bell actually lol

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Lisbie at Chelsea away in last minute 2000

Alan Pardew at Newcastle after we were 0.3 down and came back to win 4.3
  • Options
    In no order, my top 5 has to be

Lisbie at the Bridge
    Dennis
    Jacko today
    Kyle Reid at southend
    Powell against Coventry (I know I cheated but it felt like a winner)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Iwelumo did it again 3 days after that soton game away at bristol city. The soton one was a superb feeling I remember.

Not sure how you can top mills, rommedahl and hunt at cov. Kitsons at Palace was right up there too.

Jensen's was good but those above were sensational. Yanns at bournemouth was okay but didnt feel that important at the time as we were flying anyway.
  • Options
    El karkouri free kick v blackburn
  • Options
    Parker at Leeds was a beauty as well I was listening on the radio. That was incredible because lisbies equaliser was 85th minute or sth as well!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Dennis against palace the winner every time for me, some other good ones on here that it was nice to be reminded of though.

How about Oxford away at the manor ground, 97/98. 1 nil down since about ten minutes in, played shite all game, scored two in the last 5 minutes, pandemonium on the terrace. No idea who scored either of them, good fun though.
  • Options
    Mendonca and Robinson I think
  • Options
    Pardew`s header at Cambridge in last minute back in about 91-92
  • Options
    Not really last minute but rufus at Wembley still sends shivers down my spine
  • Options
    Thinking about it Jacko's against watford was a little bit special. That been mentioned?
  • Options
    I was in the lounge at The Valley watching a feed when P*rker scored at Leeds, absolute bloody pandemonium. David Whyte v Brentford was one of the biggest roars I've heard down there, although today was pretty loud - even though most of us behind the goal thought the ball had gone behind!
  • Options

I was in the lounge at The Valley watching a feed when P*rker scored at Leeds, absolute bloody pandemonium.

Not as barmy as it was in that corner of Elland Road - Parker came charging over to us. Fell down about six rows of seats.