Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best ever last gasp Charlton winners

Comments

• Options
    Holy s**t @ plentyofshots :D amazing, amazing work
  • Options

I fell down the stairs in a 90 minute winner away to Saints years back, we had 10 men. Chris Iwelumo. Only other one that really sticks in my mind was Southend away on a Friday, Kyel Reid. Madness.

Remember the Southampton game well ! Yann's last gasp winner at Bournemouth was also memorable.
    Made more special by the fact that Wednesday conceeded an equaliser and Oldham scored a winner against the Blades at the same time!

I was at the Bournemouth game. It felt like we'd gained four points over our promotion rivals in sixty seconds.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Jensen vs Blackburn, just after Brad Friedel had equalised.

Queue pandemonium in the stands.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Kap10 said:

I can vaguely remember a Stevie Gritt last minute equaliser at the Valley against ...... QPR

That was Selhurst, I think. Finished really late cos it was the game Mickey Bennett crocked himself.
    Agreed, The supermarket, not the hallowed 'turf' that is the Valley
  • Options
    Reid at Southend. What a night
  • Options

Unbelievable that the Robinson man utd and Llera Swindon goals were equalisers not winners. Certainly felt like winners at the time.

And conceding two late goals to the Spanners at the old Den when we were two up and cruising felt like a defeat.

• Options
    E-cafc said:

Lisbie at Chelsea away in last minute 2000

Alan Pardew at Newcastle after we were 0.3 down and came back to win 4.3

Also, Pardew v Southend. 0-0 at half-time, soon went 3-0 up, pegged back to 3-3, then Super Al slaloms through their entire team from the half-way line and taps into an empty net whilst juggling three chain saws (might have exaggerated a bit there).
  • Options

Shaun Newton at Wembley?

Mills at Villa, was great. I was so pissed off when Friedel scored, it made Claus' goal even more sweeter.

Calling that 'last minute' is cheating a somewhat. I agree with your sentiments about Claus's goal.
  • Options
    Peter Shirtliff's late winner against Leeds was probably one of the most important goals in Charlton's history; without it the club as we know it wouldn't exist today.
  • Options

Peter Shirtliff's late winner against Leeds was probably one of the most important goals in Charlton's history; without it the club as we know it wouldn't exist today.

Or quite possibly without Jim Melrose's late winner in the 1st leg v Leeds at Selhurst....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peter Shirtcliff away at Leeds in extra time, not last minute but late on
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Today has to be one of the best in recent memory in terms of the importance of the win. Any others you recall??

Peter Shirtliff v Leeds, St Andrews 1987..................end of thread.
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Not really last minute but rufus at Wembley still sends shivers down my spine

When was that then?
  • Options

And anyone that says otherwise is mistaken. I have been going since '77 and this game is easily the most important, so far ahead of '98 it is untrue
  • Options
    Dennis in the last minute, best ever....FACT
  • Options
    Boysie said:

Simon Webster against Bristol City at Upton Park

Remember that one well. It was actually TWO last minute goals for a 2-1 win and both from a defender. Very reminiscent of Shirtliff's heroics.
  • Options
    Shirtliff's was in the 117th minute

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Found this beauty I was at many moons ago ,plenty of room in the corner of that away end and we went apeshit cos boro had equalised in the last 5 mins as well and were giving it and we had 10 men !

http://youtu.be/Auhtu5H-Z08
  • Options
    Sun game if I remember rightly. Was in that corner going bonkers with about 600 others.
  • Options
    Morrison at Bournemouth promotion season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oi. Plenty of shots. Any danger of finding the brian hughes header against villa ;)

http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/bryan-hughes-goal-vs-aston-villa/
  • Options

I fell down the stairs in a 90 minute winner away to Saints years back, we had 10 men. Chris Iwelumo.

That was a good one. I charged down the front celebrating and got led out by a steward. We got to the concourse, I ran away and re-joined my mates. It was made all the sweeter as I went to uni there and so know a lot of Saints supporters.

• Options

Oakster said:

Today has to be one of the best in recent memory in terms of the importance of the win. Any others you recall??

Peter Shirtliff v Leeds, St Andrews 1987..................end of thread.
    http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/peter-shirtliff-goal-vs-leeds-united/
  • Options
    John Fortune's equaliser that sent Palace down was a late goal.
  • Options
    Not sure if its been mentioned and it wasnt a winner but an equaliser - Steve Jones with the last kick of the game and a fabulous finish, minutes after Man City had taken the lead on a Wednesday night at Maine Road. The celebrations mental, the walk back to the car through the dark streets of Rusholme was interesting.
  • Options
    Newcastle 3 Charlton 4
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Not sure if its been mentioned and it wasnt a winner but an equaliser - Steve Jones with the last kick of the game and a fabulous finish, minutes after Man City had taken the lead on a Wednesday night at Maine Road. The celebrations mental, the walk back to the car through the dark streets of Rusholme was interesting.

Yes brilliant night, one of the best away games I have been to. We had Steve Brown in goal from very early after Mike Salmon had to go off injured when they got a penalty. Brownie was immense n goal all night and frustrated them. Steve Jones came on when we were 0.1 down in the 2nd half and scored a belter from 25 yards. It looked like being a 1.1 draw when they scored with a couple of mins left and we thought we had lost out but a superb Mark Bright cross n the final minute put it on the head of Jonesy who buried it. You are right, the celebrations in our end were mental after both of our goals.

• Options
    Another equaliser was JJ in the 4-4 home draw v West Ham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47FilumlNyg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Much as it galls me to say it shit bag Pardew v Southend at The Valley when we won 4-3.

Opening of the East Stand and the first visit to The Valley for my two oldest daughters.

EDIT: Sorry already mentioned by AddicksAddict. Must have missed it first time round this thread.