Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When will Sheffield utd date and ko time be confirmed?? (ed. looking like 5.15 Sat)

Comments

• Options

I bloody hope not. After having to turn back after Sheff Weds and missing last night, school night, was desperate to go with my son to this. What's the fine for taking a kid out of school for FA Cup matches?

Think your boy may just have to be ahem "ill" that day mate.

• Options

Really hope it's not Friday but if it is, am i the only one who expects to be feeling under the weather that day, so not able to go to work? ;-)

Ive already told my boss that if its the Friday I will be 'working from home' that day.
  • Options
    Rather not have to take the Friday off work, but there no matter what day
  • Options

yes but more fans can make a Saturday or Sunday than can a Friday or Monday evening.

Jesus! You're not really that naive!

no blaspheming please, otherwise I'll tell your Mum.
  • Options
    Not Friday, please not Friday :(
  • Options
    I would rather the Sat but also quite like the thought of Friday night. Day off on the beers get a cheap hotel and hopefully celebrate a win in Sheffield.
  • Options
    Could it be 7.45 on the Saturday?
  • Options
    What about 6pm on the Sunday??
  • Options

yes but more fans can make a Saturday or Sunday than can a Friday or Monday evening.

Jesus! You're not really that naive!

no blaspheming please, otherwise I'll tell your Mum.
    I was referring to the Man City player. Other times I shout 'Sergio' or 'Yaya.' Actually, I think she'd be pleased if it were the Friday night. She'd be able to go after all!
  • Options
    I assume also that the police get a say when it is. Leeds and Barnsley both at home and Huddersfield are at Doncaster. Would they want another game in that neck of the woods? QPR and Millwall both travelling north that day too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While we're all waiting to see what day the match will be on, may I just say that I believe we will win the QF and play Sunderland in the semis. Diego Poyet will score the winner and give it Large by waving a stuffed Tigger at his Dad. We'll go on to play Man City in the final. Jesus Navas will score the winner in that game and even my Mum will be blaspheming.
  • Options
    Have a feeling the game will be played on the thursday
  • Options
    As previously said, the FA website showing 3PM on Saturday. It will be streamed in plenty of places, so us exiles won't miss out, but it would be interesting to know when the last time was that a quarter final was not televised, and whether the FA will still pay the Blades and us the TV fee, and what the situation is with BT sport if they have just decided to blank the game?
  • Options
    So when then the Chelski v Spurs game was arranged on tv, it would have clashed with whoever might have played the FAC cup game on the Saturday late ko.,And they knew it when they decided the Prem game - not fair
  • Options
    It can only be streamed if a TV company somewhere is showing it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

As previously said, the FA website showing 3PM on Saturday. It will be streamed in plenty of places, so us exiles won't miss out, but it would be interesting to know when the last time was that a quarter final was not televised, and whether the FA will still pay the Blades and us the TV fee, and what the situation is with BT sport if they have just decided to blank the game?

Yes but the FA web site also says this - "Fixture dates and times may change, subject to TV selections and replays."

As I understand it the ESPN contract (which was bought out by BT) includes two Quarter-Finals (plus up to one replay).
  • Options
    We had to play last night because we couldn't play on a Champions League night. *harumph*

• Options

would think it's in the contract that they pay the fee to the FA. if they decide not to show it, unlikely I think, then we would still get the fee as we are paid by the FA.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    do you think if the game was the "steel city derby" there would be this much deliberation......... ? Looks like we are the victims of our own success - next time tell the boys to lose as the tv companies don't need the headache !!
  • Options
    we will know today less than 24 hours after the game just have some patience folks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3pm Sat and subsequently not on TV
  • Options
    Are some people on a wind up?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Def 3pm Sat and therefore no streams either. We'll have to put up with the commentary of Emma on player.
  • Options
    Another tribute to Harold Ramis!
  • Options
    Just been told that by some one who knows Kevin Macabe
  • Options
    Sigh.

The 3pm Saturday on the FA website, and club website, is the 'default' fixture which is put up prior to TV fixtures being announced.

When I logged on this morning, it showed the Sunderland match as 3pm on Saturday. It has now been moved.

I'm not saying 100% that it won't be 3pm Saturday, but the important point is that it hasn't been announced yet. Nobody knows. Anybody that tells you that they know is guessing.

We will have to wait and see.

Clear enough?

(As a P.S. if it is not televised, it will be the first QF not to be televised for many years).
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

Just been told that by some one who knows Kevin Macabe

Told what mate ?

• Options
    IT IS NOT GOING TO BE AT 3PM ON THE SATURDAY FFS!!!

HOW MANY MORE TIMES??!!???!!
  • Options
    We are crap on tv anyway, remember?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!