Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warm welcome to Bramall Lane

Just want to say congratulations on your win last night. We all had a good laugh at the massive who were talking like they'd already reached the semi-finals. Got a few close Charlton mates so this game is almost as big as a Sheffield derby for me, the only difference being I would be happy for them if we lost but gutted if it was Wednesday who beat us. Looking forward to it already! Imagine we will give you a sterner test than Wednesday, should make for a cracker. Just hope Jackson doesn't strike one of those deadly free kicks he produced at the Valley a couple of seasons ago! Welcome to red half of season next weekend.

Comments

• Options
    They are only 3 pts above relegation but have beaten teams in leagues above them to get the 1/4 Final.
  • Options
    Were starting to string some results together. 5 wins on the bounce and a togetherness under Clough now. Close game I reckon!
  • Options
    Jord1986 said:

Were starting to string some results together. 5 wins on the bounce and a togetherness under Clough now. Close game I reckon!

Yeah I think it will be too. Brammal Lane rocks in big games too.
  • Options
    Smart move hiring Clough. Based on tv/fa cup games, playing some decent football, should be a tough challenge/good game.
  • Options
    Sounding better than the Massive fans we've had on here. What's the best boozer near your ground?
  • Options
    How is your pitch Jord?
  • Options
    Would like macguire and brayford to add our squad.
  • Options
    Within close vicinity to the ground there aren't too many pubs, or they are normally frequented by the Blades fans. Coming out of the station, turn right immediately and you'll find the Sheffield Tap joined onto the station. Some good ales in there. Kelham island although a little out has a range of good ale pubs. While the town centre, in particular common room (sports bar) and division street + devenshire cat provide good drinking points and within a 10-15 minute walk of the ground.

Pitch is getting better Brendan. Took a battering with the weather but it looked better vs. Bristol at the weekend
  • Options
    Can't believe Harry Maguire is still playing League 1 football - top prospect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brayford is a cracking full back on loan from Cardiff.
  • Options
    I was more than happy to play a steel city QF, however as mentioned I have good mates who are Charlton fans so it was a win-win scenario for me. Blades and Wednesday fans don't like each other winning that's obvious. If we don't win we look to see if Wednesday have lost, its natural for two competitive teams to have that rivalry. The city did need a big game as Sheffield football is in the mire at the moment, however personally I was happy with both outcomes.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    seth plum said:

I watched your game at Fulham, nice to see how Clough has settled there, and I was impressed. Good to see a team play like a team against sides that think they're it (as we have been known to do), and the support was first class. I enjoyed watching that, little knowing we would meet in a later round. Also cause for concern because Villa, Fulham and Forest is a tough call and can't all be lucky results, Sheffield United have obviously got something about them and it is likely to be a good match. When I played Sunday League, our captain and best player was a dyed in the wool Blade and an absolutely top bloke.
    I will be there at the Lane, lets hope for two honest teams, with two honest and non deluded sets of fans to enjoy a proper bit of sport. We can concentrate on the players, the strategy, the game, the outcome, without all going on about what 'ought' to happen, and what any club 'deserves' as was the case regarding Sheffield Wednesday.
    Many Owls leading up to last nights game delighted in describing our club as 'tin-pot', and shockingly a couple of them tweeted racist abuse against our manager, I suspect that most Sheffield United fans have more class than that.
    Perhaps we can all unite in a lusty chorus of #Are you watching Michael Vaughan?#.

image United fans fire a flare at the disable section of the away end

image It hits a section of disabled fans.

image They invaded the pitch after and taunted the Forest fans who behaved and were still sat in the away end.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40074 read about the events, and reminds me when we went to BL they fired a flare at our fans hitting a woman, and the season after they threw bottles of piss again hitting kids and women,granted not all of them are the same but they have some right tramps down that end of town trust me on this one.
  • Options
    the millwall of Sheffield Eh OP is that what your getting at,

should be fun
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I quite like Sheffield utd.

Welcome jord. Can't wait for the big quarter final.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Just read that thread OP, not comfortable reading at all if you are a Blades fan. I have no doubt every team has its Herbert's and to suggest one half of a city is classless and the other full of Angels is ridiculous a bit like comparing us with Millwall......bad example perhaps, anyway I am sure there are good and bad Owls and good and bad Blades, I hope most are better dressed than the bloke on the right of the bottom pic or we will never blend in up there. And big shout out for being dignified after last night, it would have been so easy to just hide away. Personally cant wait for this a great chance for both Sheff Utd and us to have a day at Wembley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where's EastStandMike?

Sheffield United better not bloody well come good!

• Options
    Bit of cheek OP moaning at them for invading the pitch. As our stripey friends from down the road will testify, you lot are quite partial to a pitch invasion yourself.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Bit of cheek OP moaning at them for invading the pitch. As our stripey friends from down the road will testify, you lot are quite partial to a pitch invasion yourself.

If you are referring to the Palace game then it was the Palace fans that invaded our pitch first and some goaded us whilst they had just relegated us, some Wednesday fans reacted to it, totally different to the Sheff Utd Forest game, they do it all the time at BL when big games are on, if they play us and score they run on the pitch very often, it's cringworthy.
  • Options
    All clubs have fans who react differently to a win, some run on the pitch, some stay in their seats. I prefer staying in my seat, but I can also understand fans who do go overboard when their team is performing so poorly in the league. It's nice to have something to shout about once in a while. Of course I don't agree with the flares and taunting opposition fans, that's a minority, and as mentioned happens at every club. Sure you'll remember 2010 OP on a train when some of your fans attacked Leeds supporters. It happens and you can't do anything about those people. I can sense a little bit of jealousy OP that you've blown your chance, they don't come around very often for teams in our 3 respective positions.
  • Options
    I find it amusing that there will be as many people in Sheffield wanting us to win as there will be wanting us to lose.
  • Options
    Jord1986 said:

All clubs have fans who react differently to a win, some run on the pitch, some stay in their seats. I prefer staying in my seat, but I can also understand fans who do go overboard when their team is performing so poorly in the league. It's nice to have something to shout about once in a while. Of course I don't agree with the flares and taunting opposition fans, that's a minority, and as mentioned happens at every club. Sure you'll remember 2010 OP on a train when some of your fans attacked Leeds supporters. It happens and you can't do anything about those people. I can sense a little bit of jealousy OP that you've blown your chance, they don't come around very often for teams in our 3 respective positions.

Jealousy, of who, you? lol

Gutted we didn't get a chance to play you, I was amazed reading BM after Charlton beat us, the sheer relief on there was unreal and that poll said it all for me, you were sh*tting yourselves at the thought of meeting us in the QF that's for sure.

As far as this thread goes I was replying to SethPlum really, I sensed he got a bit of a different image to you lot.

Do you go to most games then lord or are you an exile in London? i.e all your mates are CAFC fans?

• Options
    Gets popcorn. Actually OP didn't Utd do quite well v Forest who I think you might agree would even give the massives a good game ;0)
  • Options
    Jord1986 said:

Just want to say congratulations on your win last night. We all had a good laugh at the massive who were talking like they'd already reached the semi-finals. Got a few close Charlton mates so this game is almost as big as a Sheffield derby for me, the only difference being I would be happy for them if we lost but gutted if it was Wednesday who beat us. Looking forward to it already! Imagine we will give you a sterner test than Wednesday, should make for a cracker. Just hope Jackson doesn't strike one of those deadly free kicks he produced at the Valley a couple of seasons ago! Welcome to red half of season next weekend.

Welcome Jord...looking forward to it already and have been since the draw. One of our best pals is your new MD and will be having a few beers with him and your boys whatever the result.

As for JJ and his free-kicks, he's up for it whether scoring or just setting up (another cracker last night for Churchy's elbow to get on the end of! ;-) ).

All the best for the rest of the season, bar the Cup! Looks like you're picking up some good form and delighted for Mal, Cloughie and his team.