Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warm welcome to Bramall Lane

Comments

• Options
    Jealous of Charlton, jealous of the Blades, jealous of the opportunity we both have. I'd be jealous too if we had lost at the same stage, its natural as a football fan to feel a bit negative the following day following a big game.

Pretty much all my Sheffield mates are Wednesday fans so the football debates are usually good. Been a lot of chat between us both recently about how we would like a Sheffield Derby, and whoever lost we would't mention it. I'd have loved the game to happen but not fussed it didn't. As you say I have good Charlton mates, I live with one as an exile in London indeed. That's what makes this game just as excting for me. And you can question my attendance all you like but I travel the country to watch every home game and i'd say a third of away games a season.
  • Options
    Cheers TelMc32! Can't wait for the game. Be spending the day with Blades and Addicks so definitely a weekend to look forward to! Hope you guys stay up and we can possibly join you the season after next.

OP - As others have mentioned this is a Charlton forum, lets agree to disagree. Love the rivalry though, can't beat the strong passion of the Sheffield clubs.
  • Options
    Your out of order Miss Piggy.
  • Options
    Until Easter that is!! ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Piggy.......it's not a question of trouble makers or not. Indeed the response by some of their fans to the Evans matter has my upmost contempt for them. The fact that there is maybe a little more respect towards Utd fans is because our encounters with them in the promotion season were far more positive than with Wednesday fans and even the players/management who were in a part arrogant, disrespectful and delusional. Utd's fans were far more level headed and respectful with us.
  • Options
    Jord - we drank in a pub known as The Fanny (serious) on our last visit, cracking boozer - what is its real name pls
  • Options
    Was it this one https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x48798286bd1fa443:0x6431fc58ac5f4239!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e1!4shttp://www.panoramio.com/photo/82775097!5slord+nelson+sheffield+-+Google+Search&sa=X&ei=6NcMU5yeHITG7AbAhYDQCA&ved=0CKgBEKIqMAs
    The lord Nelson. Decent little boozer!

BT have ruined this fixture with KO time! Got 3/4 CAFC fans kipping at mine now Saturday, should at least make a decent saturday night out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta say Jord1986, i went to the Fulham v Sheff Utd game (have a Sufc mate) and thought your fans were first class. Unbelievable when you scored in the last minute...i certainly went mental.
  • Options
    I will hopefully be staying with a Blade the night before the cup game, so have to take their side in this inter Sheffield argument :-)
  • Options
    That's sorted then......everyone to Jordies Saturday night. Bring a bottle.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Where's EastStandMike?

Sheffield United better not bloody well come good!

Closer than you think Oggy, I am in Watergate Bay, North Cornwall for a short break :-)
  • Options
    What's the parking like near the ground.
  • Options
    Jord1986 said:

Was it this one https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x48798286bd1fa443:0x6431fc58ac5f4239!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e1!4shttp://www.panoramio.com/photo/82775097!5slord+nelson+sheffield+-+Google+Search&sa=X&ei=6NcMU5yeHITG7AbAhYDQCA&ved=0CKgBEKIqMAs
    The lord Nelson. Decent little boozer!

BT have ruined this fixture with KO time! Got 3/4 CAFC fans kipping at mine now Saturday, should at least make a decent saturday night out.

Sure that is the one - rings a bell from getting tagged there - cheers mate
  • Options
    Great two piggies at war!
  • Options
    Jord1986 said:

BT have ruined this fixture with KO time! Got 300/400 CAFC fans kipping at mine now Saturday, should at least make a decent saturday night out.

Good man. What time do you want us all again?
  • Options
    Is the Howard a Blades pub? Heard it was and I've only ever been in there when we've played Wednesday.
  • Options

Is the Howard a Blades pub? Heard it was and I've only ever been in there when we've played Wednesday.

was in there the last time we played them and it was mainly Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jord1986 said:

All clubs have fans who react differently to a win, some run on the pitch, some stay in their seats. I prefer staying in my seat, but I can also understand fans who do go overboard when their team is performing so poorly in the league. It's nice to have something to shout about once in a while. Of course I don't agree with the flares and taunting opposition fans, that's a minority, and as mentioned happens at every club. Sure you'll remember 2010 OP on a train when some of your fans attacked Leeds supporters. It happens and you can't do anything about those people. I can sense a little bit of jealousy OP that you've blown your chance, they don't come around very often for teams in our 3 respective positions.

Jealousy, of who, you? lol

Gutted we didn't get a chance to play you, I was amazed reading BM after Charlton beat us, the sheer relief on there was unreal and that poll said it all for me, you were sh*tting yourselves at the thought of meeting us in the QF that's for sure.

As far as this thread goes I was replying to SethPlum really, I sensed he got a bit of a different image to you lot.

Do you go to most games then lord or are you an exile in London? i.e all your mates are CAFC fans?

Doubt they were all 'shitting themselves' at the thought of playing a team in the div above. If anything they'd have been underdogs and couldn't lose. I'd have been nervous playing millwall in the same position because if we'd lost the gloating would've been unbearable.
  • Options

What's the parking like near the ground.

Park outside it if you stay at there hotel ;)
  • Options
    Went to bramall lane once in the early 90s, evening game...was that a cup tie....can't remember score or much about the game, just being in the lower tier of a stand under a big concrete roof. Anyone else there and can remember score?!
  • Options
    1991/1992 Wed 05 Feb Sheffield United 3 - 1 Charlton Athletic F.A. Cup Replay
  • Options

Jord1986 said:

All clubs have fans who react differently to a win, some run on the pitch, some stay in their seats. I prefer staying in my seat, but I can also understand fans who do go overboard when their team is performing so poorly in the league. It's nice to have something to shout about once in a while. Of course I don't agree with the flares and taunting opposition fans, that's a minority, and as mentioned happens at every club. Sure you'll remember 2010 OP on a train when some of your fans attacked Leeds supporters. It happens and you can't do anything about those people. I can sense a little bit of jealousy OP that you've blown your chance, they don't come around very often for teams in our 3 respective positions.

Jealousy, of who, you? lol

Gutted we didn't get a chance to play you, I was amazed reading BM after Charlton beat us, the sheer relief on there was unreal and that poll said it all for me, you were sh*tting yourselves at the thought of meeting us in the QF that's for sure.

As far as this thread goes I was replying to SethPlum really, I sensed he got a bit of a different image to you lot.

Do you go to most games then lord or are you an exile in London? i.e all your mates are CAFC fans?

Doubt they were all 'shitting themselves' at the thought of playing a team in the div above. If anything they'd have been underdogs and couldn't lose. I'd have been nervous playing millwall in the same position because if we'd lost the gloating would've been unbearable.
    You totally missed my point, they had a poll and most didn't want to meet us in the next round because we always do them in big games, I've mentioned the said games in other threads.

You then say my exact point but refer it to you and Millwall...hmmm okay lad.
  • Options
    This is handbags compared to northwich Victoria and Witton(?) fans the other year. One of the all time great threads.
  • Options
    Steak
  • Options
    That's the one oohah... I reckon our goal was a consolation too. Don't think too many Charlton fans made the trip either...wasn't too bad for me, I went from Brum and stayed with a mate at Sheffield uni...
  • Options
    I'd recommend parking here - 10 Guernsey Rd, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S2 4HG ‎ - retail park but free parking normally on match days then a 10 min walk to the stadium