Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warm welcome to Bramall Lane

13»

Comments

• Options

That's the one oohah... I reckon our goal was a consolation too. Don't think too many Charlton fans made the trip either...wasn't too bad for me, I went from Brum and stayed with a mate at Sheffield uni...

Yep it was a late consolation , Leaburn at a guess I think Sheff Utd had a keeper who was a Charlton fan playing for them that day Simon Tracey
  • Options
    Didn't we lose there in the cup in 97/98 too or am I thinking of the league game. Hardly any of us there. Think Mark Bright may have scored and 3-1 rings a bell for that game too.
  • Options
    I think it was Steve Gatting, Oohaah.
  • Options

1991/1992 Wed 05 Feb Sheffield United 3 - 1 Charlton Athletic F.A. Cup Replay

Was on Duncan's coach for this one. Someone got into a row with some Palace at a service station and the old bill confiscated all our beer from the coach. Duncan was not happy!
  • Options

Didn't we lose there in the cup in 97/98 too or am I thinking of the league game. Hardly any of us there. Think Mark Bright may have scored and 3-1 rings a bell for that game too.

That was a league game, a 4 1 loss. It's indelibly marked on my brain because I chose to attend the game and tick off Bramall Lane instead of going to my cousin's wedding in Barbados. I've since been to Bramall Lane another 5 times but am yet to tick off Barbados.

The cup loss was in our last relegation season. There were hardly any of us at that one nor the league game you mention.
  • Options
    we took 543 in our 4th round 2-1 defeat at sheff utd Jan 2009 in our relegation year .... 304 made it there for the 3-1 loss in the league fixture in december during Parkys result based caretaker period