Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is poyet the new Parker ?

I see lots of similarities. Anyone else see them ?
Good on the ball.
Good vision and passing.
Hard in the tackle.
10 million. That'll do nicely.

Comments

• Options
    He is the new kinsella
  • Options
    He's not as quick as Parker
  • Options
    Give him a chance, he's only played 5 games! So far, he is just the new Kevin Smith!
  • Options
    No, actually see a similarity with his dad. Sad that he's out of contract in the summer. ;-(
  • Options
    Personally i think he has a better technique than parker has/had at the same age. But agree, some of his very hard, no nonesense tackles defintely remind me of parker.
  • Options
    I just hope he signs a new contract!
  • Options

Kinder and better if he's the first Diego Poyet.

Exactly what I say when someone is compared to people/persons from the past
  • Options
    He's not even the new Po...yet.....yet !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Your son is offered 3 times the salary that he is on. What would you advise him to do ?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Your son is offered 3 times the salary that he is on. What would you advise him to do ?

Finish the season with the club he's at, who he's the star player of, who are sitting in a champions league spot and taught him most of what he knows in football. Then if they really want him they'll come back for him. If not, it's not like Scotty was earning peanuts here was it...
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

To Keep his head down and continue learning the trade in the most honest professional way. If he's good enough, his time will come for that big move to a top flight team.

Don't just sit on the bench somewhere, for the playboy lifestyle....son. Earn respect.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

markmc68 said:

To Keep his head down and continue learning the trade in the most honest professional way. If he's good enough, his time will come for that big move to a top flight team.

Don't just sit on the bench somewhere, for the playboy lifestyle....son. Earn respect.
    If he wouldve waited i'm sure Sir Alex would have had a look at him in terms of replacing Roy Keane. Would've secured the England place he was so concerned about at the time.
  • Options
    He's much calmer on the ball than Parker was, but less dynamic. He's still very early on in his career - I remember when Luke Chadwick looked like a prospect (a horrific prospect) - so he needs expectations to be realistic. Harriott broke through impressively and then tailed off this season so we should avoid these kinds of comparison for now. Especially as he's not tied down to a deal
  • Options

He's much calmer on the ball than Parker was, but less dynamic. He's still very early on in his career - I remember when Luke Chadwick looked like a prospect (a horrific prospect) - so he needs expectations to be realistic. Harriott broke through impressively and then tailed off this season so we should avoid these kinds of comparison for now. Especially as he's not tied down to a deal

• Options
    I was thinking this the other day.

Diego has more to offer at the age of 18 then Parker then.

The similarities are there in terms of work-rate, commitment and ball control.

The only difference being Parker started off as an attacking player and moulded into the holding midfielder. Poyet is already defence minded.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

markmc68 said:

I'd want him where he will be playing first team football and learning his trade - increasing his ability to earn big money in a few years and the likelihood of a successful career. I have no doubt, Parker lost out financially by leaving us to soon! The last thing he needs is to become the forgotten man somehwere!
  • Options
    I wonder if Poyet (and others eg. Cousins, Fox) would have got their opportunity without first the financial problems of the latter part of the TJ/MS era, and then the emergence of a new owner who has publicly emphasised the importance of homegrown talent?

Indeed by my estimation we didn't have a single homegrown player make their debut between Callum Harriott in Apr 2011 and this season, with the club/gaffer preferring to utilise the loan system wherever needed.

Either way I think it's been a great development.
  • Options
    Blessing in disguise. Good old TJ and MS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we have exciting times ahead with all of these youngsters.
  • Options
    Won't be a blessing in disguise if he leaves in the summer
  • Options
    Poyet would also struggle to get in the team that Parker was in at 18. We were in à much better position when Parker was coming through.

• Options
    When does his current contract expire?
  • Options
    summer.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 5h
    Interesting that few heroes over last 72 hours for #cafc - Jackson, Hamer and Poyet - all out of contract in summer.
  • Options
    Needs sorting - if only to sell him for decent money
  • Options

I imagine you tried to post a picture of Luke Chadwick there, but it hasn't come up on my browser. Luke Chadwick is so ugly Google Chrome will literally break if you try to make it show his face (sorry Luke)
  • Options
    Hope he signs a new deal, wouldn't be surprised if his Dad has offered him a chance at Sunderland though