Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is poyet the new Parker ?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Roland, can you get the contracts sorted please? We wil all think you are grand and not moan too much when you sell a good player or two in the future if you do.

Thanks
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

I see lots of similarities. Anyone else see them ?
    Good on the ball.
    Good vision and passing.
    Hard in the tackle.
    10 million. That'll do nicely.

i agree. He reminds me of a young scotty parker. Hes all over the pitch, tons of energy, and he just oozes confidence at midfield.

• Options
    Parker at that age was much more a box to box midfielder than Diego is. Parker lost the attacking edge to his game when he moved on from Charlton and Diego resembles him in his later career more than at the same age.
  • Options
    Different to Parker I'd say. Although he's put in some great tackles I wouldn't call him a ball winner, not as aggressive or quick as Parker was. Parker would also run with the ball, Poyet sits back more. It'll be interesting to see how he develops, may look more like Parker in time.

Really hope we can hang onto him.
  • Options
    The kid is gonna be mustard. Get that contract sorted. NOW!!!
  • Options
    i just hope he is not the new josh wright, we didnt offer him a contract in time and he left without any compo despite his age.........
  • Options
    Didnt Josh Wright refuse a Contract because he didnt like how he'd played in the FA Cup match and was then dropped for the next game in the League and the next round of the cup?
  • Options
    Who is Josh Wright and where does he play now?
  • Options
    Poyet has said he will not sign a contract now and will wait and see what happens in the summer.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Poyet has said he will not sign a contract now and will wait and see what happens in the summer.

lol no he hasn't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Parker was a better player. Parker was skilful and stronger on the ball.

Poyet is a good player but Parker really shone. Poyet doesn't shine as much as Parker did.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

lol no he hasn't
    I hope this is right. Wiggins signed his.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

lol no he hasn't
    not 100% sure of the words he has used but he has said he isnt thinking about signing anything at the moment
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Ex-Charlton academy. Now at Millwall

• Options

PL54 said:

Ex-Charlton academy. Now at Millwall

I thought, from memory, that we let him go as he seemed intent on living The Only Way is Essex at the time! He ended up at Scunthorpe where he did well enough and then moved to the spanners...at that point I have no idea of how he's doing, nor do I want to! :)
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be sure he'll be playing in the Championship.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Give him a chance, he's only played 5 games! So far, he is just the new Kevin Smith!

Thanks Pedro I honoured :-)

• Options
    edited February 2014
    “I don’t know what the future holds for me and where I’ll end up playing - but I was never going to make my debut under my dad. That was always going to raise some eyebrows. I never wanted to do that and my dad never wanted me to do that. He has helped me when he can but I’ve wanted to do it by myself.”

“I’m looking forward to seeing what happens and where we are at the end of the season. Then we can sit down and talk about contracts. You never know, they might not want me to sign and I’ll have to find a new club.
    “At the moment I’m happy. I don’t want to rush into anything I regret.”
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Needs sorting - if only to sell him for decent money

#
    Problem is he holds all the cards and his dad has all the contacts in the game. If I was him I would wait and see, if Chelsea came in with a big money offer I would ignore it, if Arsenal did I would take it, if a lower Prem club came in then I would assess it as to the opportunity to have first team exposure, I would not exclude re-signing for Charlton but on much bigger money.
  • Options

“I don’t know what the future holds for me and where I’ll end up playing - but I was never going to make my debut under my dad. That was always going to raise some eyebrows. I never wanted to do that and my dad never wanted me to do that. He has helped me when he can but I’ve wanted to do it by myself.”

“I’m looking forward to seeing what happens and where we are at the end of the season. Then we can sit down and talk about contracts. You never know, they might not want me to sign and I’ll have to find a new club.

I'm sure that would change if we put a contract infront of him right now. I'm sure any footballer would rather have that security.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MSE7 said:

Parker was a better player. Parker was skilful and stronger on the ball.

Poyet is a good player but Parker really shone. Poyet doesn't shine as much as Parker did.

I think Poyet is better now than Parker was at the same age though.
  • Options

I'm sure that would change if we put a contract infront of him right now. I'm sure any footballer would rather have that security.
    Depends on their advisers and their confidence level. I suspect that we have shown him a contract and he has decided not to look at it. If not why when we gave contracts to our young bloods including Piggott was Poyet left out?
  • Options
    Sounds to me that Poyet wants to make sure the club is not relegated, before committing himself to a new contract.
  • Options
    If we gave Tariq Holmes Dennis a contract i can't beleive Poyet has not been offered one. Footballers very very rarely ever say "I am off at the end of my contract", it is always"let's see what happens in the summer", more often than not they then leave.

I am not hopeful of him staying, but if he carries on playing and we stay up there is more chance than 3 weeks ago when he had not kicked a ball for us.
  • Options
    Who knows where he will end up. As said, his contracts up in the summer though, can other clubs make him an offer now? That is the problem.

He must be loving it, obviously enjoys his football and has the natural required competitive nature. Hes now only one game away from playing the big stage at Wembley.

In football, not much else can top that.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Offer him a 4 year contract , so he's got peace of mind , with a 1 million relegation release clause in it , & a 10 million release clause if anyone's really keen on buying him , everyone's happy.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Redrobo said:

lol no he hasn't
    Yes he has basically, or at least that's how it reads.
  • Options
    I don't think that Gus would want at this stage to burden Diego with the crap which could come with playing for his Dad. If Diego is allowed to come through sensibly, there is no limit to how far he can go. Paul Hart has been saying that he is good enough for the first team for a long time. Lets just enjoy watching him and what he brings to the team for as long as we can.
  • Options

When was this said?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It was on the SLP website recently.