Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Car/Minibus Shares to Sheffield Thread****(see post 2 for list)

Comments

• @player what area of Scotland ?
  • You mean @olster Afka.
  • Damn predictive, cheers

• "I'm on it - let's sit together and I'll bring my calculator"

I am just concerned that the company hiring out the mini - bus are ripping off the organiser/s.

We'll need a very big seat if you want to sit next to me PL54 :-)

• bc_addick said:

"I'm on it - let's sit together and I'll bring my calculator"

I am just concerned that the company hiring out the mini - bus are ripping off the organiser/s.

We'll need a very big seat if you want to sit next to me PL54 :-)

In which case if we pay by weight you get off "lightly"
  • Anyone travelling from Folkestone/east Kent area?
  • bc_addick said:

@AFKABartram Crawley FunBus update. 5 spare seats. 15 seater booked. 6am Crawley, 7am North Greenwich.

How much from crawley way?
    £30 quid
    Blimey - How much is this mini bus costing to Hire?
    Assuming say £120 for fuel:
    15 x £30 = £450 fare income assuming that all 15 seats booked and paying £30 means £450 less £120 for fuel = £330 for the bus hire.

Can't be that much surely?

Not that I really need to explain the pricing to you, but I will as PL54 has lent me his calculator.

The bloke who has kindly volunteered to drive us is obviously not paying. We also decided (as a group) that his two kids who are also coming wont be paying as their father is driving us all up there. Plus as a group, those on the bus are paying for the match tickets of said driver and kids.
    Any clearer for you?

Estimated Times:

UP
    Crawley 6AM
    North Greenwich 7AM
    Sheffield 10-10:30AM

DOWN
    If we Lose (sulking home)
    North Greenwich 6PM
    Crawley 7PM

If we win (a couple of celebratory beers)
    North Greenwich 8PM
    Crawley 9PM

@AFKABartram - 1 gone, four remaining
  • If we lose don't talk to me on the way back...
  • All makes perfect sense now CWLC. I was concerned that it was a rip off firm hiring you the bus that was why I mentioned it.
  • We could of gone down the route of bus&driver, then the cost was even higher
  • Sponsored links:

• What area of Scotland can you get to AFKA?
  • edited February 2014
    For anyone in the Fareham area. We have 1 space in the car. Going M27 M3 A34 M40 A43 M1 route. Up and back on the day.

• bc_addick said:

For anyone in the Fareham area. We have 1 space in the car. Going M27 M3 A34 M40 A43 M1 route. Up and back on the day.

All that time I was in hms chilling wood and struggled to get to games I could of car shared with you! Haha, anyways this should be a permanent thread for all away days! Good work everyone.
  • CafcCrazy said:

bc_addick said:

All that time I was in hms chilling wood and struggled to get to games I could of car shared with you! Haha, anyways this should be a permanent thread for all away days! Good work everyone.
    I thought EVERYONE knew is was in the Pompey area lol

• bc_addick said:

CafcCrazy said:

bc_addick said:

I thought EVERYONE knew is was in the Pompey area lol

BC, not gonna jinx it, but got at least 1 Wembley appearance this year with Gosport Boro.!
    olster said:

I am (potentially) driving down from Scotland. I say potentially because it may end up far far more expensive than the train without others in the car.

Is there anyone needing a lift from Scotland? Alternatively - anywhere on the route down?

Olster - Cardinal Sin is looking for a lift from Edinburgh. PM him to discuss perhaps?
  • @AFKABartram‌ from Glasgow. Will defo be driving now so put me up on the list.

@church-lane‌ yes we've been in touch, thanks.
  • @AFKA Bartram - marvellous! Olster - have sent you my contact details and look forward to sharing the journey down with you. This thread is a great idea and one I'd be keen to support in future on the odd occasion I am driving when there are invariably spare seats.
  • Anyone that's organised a mini bus, how much did it cost roughly?

Thinking of getting 9 of us all on one bus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends completely Gal if you need a driver or not
  • Plaaayer said:

Depends whether you want to make a profit like CWLC or not?

You bitch
  • I live in epsom and am looking for a lift to sheefield on condition my friend can get us tickets when they go on general sale.

Public transport is too late.

Any help will be appreciated.

• MEANT SHEFFIELD OF COURSE
  • Depends completely Gal if you need a driver or not

Want a driver really so we can all have a drink
  • Sticko, DM me, there is room in the car from Kingston/Esher...
  • @AFKABartram‌ so got two spaces left. cheers.
  • olster said:

@AFKABartram‌ so got two spaces left. cheers.

What time you leaving Glasgow? I'm in Perth for the weekend and if i can get to Glasgow before you leave, i wouldnt mind taking one space to sheffield (wont be coming back though).
  • this thread is getting national coverage, RT by @DanRoan

@danroan @CliveEfford There is a huge car pooling effort happening on one of our Forums http://t.co/hD2h8bdDmi #cafc

— CAS Trust (@CAStrust) February 28, 2014
  • Anybody going from Bedfordshire , i have a couple of spare spaces.