Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley

Comments

• Options
    Where's that chickens picture again?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ridiculous having a cup semi final and the marathon on the same day in London.

For everyone's convenience lets move the semi finals to another city, let's say Sheffield.
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the Charity Shield is as want to plan my holidays and don't want to miss it.

Wibble
  • Options
    There were muttings when we played Middlesborough in the QF. The semi-final was to be at Old Trafford on Marathon day, how the hell were the Charlton fans going to get there as the whole of the area is shut shut for six hours, look what happened there, all worried about nothing :-)
  • Options

Does anyone know when the Charity Shield is as want to plan my holidays and don't want to miss it.

Wibble

Europa League final is in Warsaw next year. All round Polish Pete's house!!
  • Options
    Interestingly the bookies have Sheff Utd as favorites to win the QF and their form has been much better than ours in recent weeks (six straight wins since the start of Feb), not to mention that they have already beaten Forest and Fulham after drawing with them.

I think we need to be very careful about getting ahead of ourselves. From memory our last cup quarter final was at home to third division opposition when we were in the Premier League and we assumed that was a 'bye'!
  • Options
    Europa League winners get a Champions League spot too.

We're coming for you Galacticos.
  • Options

Interestingly the bookies have Sheff Utd as favorites to win the QF and their form has been much better than ours in recent weeks (six straight wins since the start of Feb), not to mention that they have already beaten Forest and Fulham after drawing with them.

I think we need to be very careful about getting ahead of ourselves. From memory our last cup quarter final was at home to third division opposition when we were in the Premier League and we assumed that was a 'bye'!

We're not getting ahead of ourselves, but I do need to renew my passport for the Europa league games next year :-)
    In all seriousness, both clubs have a chance of winning the match, and similarly both teams also desperately need league points, so can't afford to rest players in the league
  • Options
    I expected United to be slight favourites - they have beaten Premiership teams too. It will probably come down to who defends the best or who can take their cahnces. I think it will be a close game. I'd be more worried though, if it was at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On a lighter note: The way the Russians are acting over Ukraine/Crimea some Charlton fans are more likely to get their conscription papers before their Wembley tickets. "Its a long way to Tiperary".
  • Options
    Riviera said:

WEM-BER-LEE! WEM-BER-LEE!
    We're gonna beat the Blades and we're off to Wembley!
    WEM-BER-LEE! WEM-BER-LEE!

That won't make any difference to the result of the 1/4 final on 9th March by the way.

• Options
    Answer this...would you take a 0-0...for a replay at the valley?
  • Options
    no, to many games catch up.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Any replay would be on Monday 17th March two days after playing Millwall and the Bournmouth game will be pushed back by 24hrs so 3 games in 5days do not think CP wants that.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Answer this...would you take a 0-0...for a replay at the valley?

Yes, yes, yes, yes!
  • Options
    Can I say right now that the ticket sales arrangements for the Semi against Arsenal at Wembley are awful. Each VG person gets option on 25 tickets ......the average VG member won't know 25 people.
  • Options
    Semi finals shouldn't be at Wembley anyway.
  • Options

I agree and on principle I might not go if we get through. ;-0)
  • Options

Yeah youre right, in fact Im not gonna go if we get to the semi on principle. Hit the FA where it hurts....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    we wont beat united anyway
  • Options

Sink!

agree get rid

• Options
    At the end of the day we should only think of the next game and if we give it 120% we may see some light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to move on , onwards and upwards and see where it takes us.
  • Options

Agree, but from next season.
  • Options
  • Options
    I have never agreed with semi finals taking place at Wembley . . . . . Until now! Funny that!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Agree, but from next season.
    Agreed but from the season after next. This year we make the final. Next year we will win it. A ball or two may burst in the final!
  • Options
    Not looking past the next round TBH but like other overseas Addicks I'm eyeing flying back if we make Wembley. Already texted mates back home asking if they can secure a ticket if we do make it. As an idea praps any Lifers / Overseas fans could meet up for a few beers at the Royal Oak / Anchor & Hope if we make it? I assume they're still around or is the Great British pub still in decline?
  • Options

danny_m said:

If we did get through im praying its the Saturday. Running the marathon on the Sunday!

That's a good point actually. If we do beat Sheffield Utd, and our semi is on the Sunday, how on earth do our fans get to Wembley if the roads are shut and you can't drive there or get a bus to the train/tube stations like North Greenwich?
    Pretty sure London can cope with transporting 35,000 Charlton fans from SE London & Kent to Wembley with the marathon on.