Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley

Comments

• Options
    Wigan even money to win this in running
  • Options
    Fair play to Wigan they know who they are and how big a club they are

Anyone criticising their fan base are wrong

Would love them to win this game but don't think they will

Really enjoyed being there last year at the final for their win so have a bit of a soft spot for them

And I dispise goonershite but they will win this no doubt
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Wenger ain't done his beans just yet
  • Options
    Told ya
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    what gets me is the commentator giving it the old "Maybe its time for a change at the top for arsenal" Jesus. Wenger has been one of the best managers this country has ever seen. He will be a legend at arsenal forever. They are losing 1-0 and all of a sudden this commentator is talking shite......Toby
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

what gets me is the commentator giving it the old "Maybe its time for a change at the top for arsenal" Jesus. Wenger has been one of the best managers this country has ever seen. He will be a legend at arsenal forever. They are losing 1-0 and all of a sudden this commentator is talking shite......Toby

8 years of shite MSE7. Some Arsenal fans are sick of it.
  • Options
    He has become very predictable in his team selection and style his purchases have been pony

His good ones like the ox and Walcott haven't been spotted by him they have been seen by his youth coaches and advised

His foreign signings are very reliant on a scout he trusts too much abroad and since viera and petite and Henry has found very little

He Inherited a very good defensive unit who just needed a couple of ballers in midfield

Once they got old arsenal melted into mediocre dillusuonal shit

Worst fans in the world
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That Sanogo looks rank, he'd fit in well with our non scoring forward line, he'll more than likely get the winner now :-)
  • Options
    Good(bye) Wigan. Hope you don't make the playoffs after playing your reserves against the spanners.
  • Options
    I fucking hate Arsene Wenger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing worse than losing on penalties at Wembley :-0
  • Options

Good(bye) Wigan. Hope you don't make the playoffs after playing your reserves against the spanners.

That is exactly my feelings about Wigan too. Serves them right!

• Options
    Yeah, Jose Riga has never prioritised games.....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    This is different it's the Spanners who benefited.
  • Options
    Wigan still have games that could affect us so I hope they continue to go for the play offs
  • Options
    decision to sub mcmanaman for powell cost wigan the game
  • Options

decision to sub mcmanaman for powell cost wigan the game

Was at the game this evening and I was surprised when Rosler took McManaman off. He'd looked a real threat. Strange decision unless he was injured

I was quite impressed by Wigan and it was interesting too see how Rosler set them up. Three at the back when in possession with Boyce and Crainey in the FB positions, but four/five at the back when Arsenal had the ball with Perch in a conventional RB position and Beausejour positioning himself to cover Bacary Sagna. Good illustration of how flexible the modern player has to be.

Bit ironic given Arsenal's short passing style that it was their physicality and power in the air that Wigan found most difficult to deal with. Giroud was a real problem when he came on.

Couldn't agree more. Unforgivable. Rosler showed a complete lack of respect for his fellow Managers. If those points keep Millwall up then the side which goes down instead has every right to feel very aggrieved. Someone should ask Rosler how he'd feel if the boot was on the other foot.
  • Options
    Come on Hull!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Roslers priority is Wigan Athletic and by resting players against the scum he would have felt that gave the club the best opportunity to make the Cup Final and with that performance I think he's been justified
    The same Charlton fans whinging about his selection would be moaning about us playing a weakened team in the Cups , well he prioritised the Cup and it nearly paid off with a miracle result , they'll prolly still make the play offs anyway
    Good luck to Wigan
    and no one on earth has the hump more than me that the scum got a result up there but I can understand why he did it
  • Options
    I would hope we would do the same, but it wasnt, so I am glad the lost today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Roslers priority is Wigan Athletic and by resting players against the scum he would have felt that gave the club the best opportunity to make the Cup Final and with that performance I think he's been justified
    The same Charlton fans whinging about his selection would be moaning about us playing a weakened team in the Cups , well he prioritised the Cup and it nearly paid off with a miracle result , they'll prolly still make the play offs anyway
    Good luck to Wigan
    and no one on earth has the hump more than me that the scum got a result up there but I can understand why he did it

Rosler would have a very different view if one day a team he was managing got relegated or failed to win promotion because another side benefitted in the way Millwall did.
  • Options
    I think Rosler may be grown up enough to accept that each manager has to do what's best for their own club and not his, even if he doesn't like it
  • Options
    I've no idea what the comment above means ( even after several readings ! ). However, Rosler has done a disservice to the game, other clubs and possibly his own by resting players and finishing lower in the league. I hope it goes tits up for them.
  • Options
    If a team (not Roslers) played a weakened team in a league fixture to help improve their cup chances
    And the opposition of the above weakened team went on to win the match that may affect Roslers teams final positions
    Rosler would have to accept that the weakened team manager chose to prioritise a different fixture and even though he doesn't like it he has to accept it

Hope that helps
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    According to the bbc Wigan had 62% possession against the scum and 19 attempts only 2 on target
    So it wasn't as if they gave them the game , these things happen
    Other clubs may wonder why we've been so shit against the likes of derby burnley Brighton and Leicester recently and then performed well in the midweek matches
    Charlton fans even saying we've been taking the gas off and 'prioritising ' these fixtures
    But that's ok because it's Charlton and it suits us
    Charlton fans with chip on their shoulder alert ,the whole world is against us

No one in the world wanted the scum to lose more than me and I was fuming when I heard about Wigans changes but to me they could never make the autos and they're gonna make the play offs anyway
    and the FA Cup semi final was their priority and they came a penalty shoot out from recording another footballing miracle , so FairPlay to the ballsy decision , which may bite them on the arse if they don't make the play offs
    We have so many fans moaning about our weakened cup teams and now someone prioritised a Cup semi final over the league people are crying

I may not like what they did but I can definitely understand it
    And my immediate thoughts after they'd lost to the scum was I hope arsenal stuff em and they miss out on the play offs (like the spoilt child that I am)
    But having watched the monumental performance that they put in against Arsenal I've definitely softened to them and was absolutely gutted for them , FairPlay Wigan Athletic a small club that properly had a go and have punched above their weight for some time
    You only have to look at the delight on the Arsenal fans faces to see what it meant to them
    and fair play to the gooners they stuck with their team and managed to get behind their team, even when losing to a team they expected to rollover , that was proper support , not waiting for the team to give them a lift
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We would do exactly the same. Unfortunately I am less worried about their weakened teams and more worried by our weekend teams
  • Options
    Good we returned the favour yesterday by resting players and gifting points to one of their play-off rivals - that was the plan wasn't it?!
  • Options
    Sheff Utd on their way to the final at the moment...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Where's @eaststandmike?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In the hospitality, special 'other club' supporting blade :-)