Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley

Comments

• Options

danny_m said:

If we did get through im praying its the Saturday. Running the marathon on the Sunday!

That's a good point actually. If we do beat Sheffield Utd, and our semi is on the Sunday, how on earth do our fans get to Wembley if the roads are shut and you can't drive there or get a bus to the train/tube stations like North Greenwich?
    Pretty sure London can cope with transporting 35,000 Charlton fans from SE London & Kent to Wembley with the marathon on.
    What? Allocation is only 30-35k
  • Options
    I have been watching Charlton long enough to know that our best chance of winning this game is in the away leg where they will be slight favourites. A replay at the Valley is a set up for the sort of kick in the teeth our club delivers so well.
  • Options

danny_m said:

If we did get through im praying its the Saturday. Running the marathon on the Sunday!

That's a good point actually. If we do beat Sheffield Utd, and our semi is on the Sunday, how on earth do our fans get to Wembley if the roads are shut and you can't drive there or get a bus to the train/tube stations like North Greenwich?
    Pretty sure London can cope with transporting 35,000 Charlton fans from SE London & Kent to Wembley with the marathon on.
    Is it not higher for the semis? I thought it was basically a 50/50 split of the full capacity.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

danny_m said:

Is it not higher for the semis? I thought it was basically a 50/50 split of the full capacity.
    These were the allocations for last year's SFs. (Taken from the FA's web site):

The ticket allocations for the Semi-Finals are as follows:-

Millwall and Manchester City = 31, 514 – West End – Wembley Stadium.

Wigan Athletic & Chelsea or Manchester United = 31,863 – East End – Wembley Stadium.

• Options
    I think there are countless VIPs / club wembley / corporates etc which have tickets for basically all events at Wembley so allocations for final and semis are basically the same.
  • Options
    Don't panic anybody, CP will play Church up front for 90 minutes so you will not have to worry about any semi-final.
  • Options
    Probably granpa and I think Church is basically pony... But to be fair to him (and cp) Church alone up front against Wednesday caused them countless problems and was a big part of a good performance and excellent victory so its not out of the question that he could replicate that next weekend..
  • Options
    I suppose that I shouldn't suggest giving Church the elbow, he needs it to score occasional goals.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

I suppose that I shouldn't suggest giving Church the elbow, he needs it to score occasional goals.

Like the two in the 4th and 5th rounds?
  • Options
    Are we there yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stop fishing. You are making yourself look childish and a bit silly. No need for it.
  • Options
    Reeled you in though
  • Options
    Just pointing out what a silly thread this was.
  • Options
    You didn't reel me in. I was trying to give you some friendly advice.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Friendly? ? Qoute" you are making yourself look childish and a bit silly"
  • Options
    See ya.
  • Options
    I make scabbyhorse right. There was too much talk the last couple of weeks like we'd already made it. Bit too confident for my liking.
  • Options
    Exactly buckshee - its the same as when some say we have four games in hand - the way we set up to play id still be worried if we had 10 games in hand.
  • Options
    FA Cup who gives a f***, we're Charlton Athletic and we're staying up!

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it this time
  • Options
    Semi final followings at wembley this weekend.....should be us GRRRRR

Arsenal: (52,000)

Sheffield United: (33,000)

Hull: (26,500)

Wigan: (12,500)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    12500 is pretty poor
  • Options
    PL54 said:

12500 is pretty poor

Is that how many tickets they sold ? If so that's shocking
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Its their 4th time to wembley in a year.

If wembley was in manchester and we went there 4 times in a year our turn out would be similar.
  • Options
    Good point
  • Options
    Wigan have loads of empty seats.
  • Options
    Same old Wigan.....Got no fans
  • Options
    Only £30 a ticket too though obviously Wigan fans have to travel
  • Options
    This Arsenal v Wigan match will be either 1-0 or go to penalties.
  • Options
    Horrible tackle from Mertesacker, pen to Wigan.
  • Options
    very good player that gomez