Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Denmark

Comments

• Options
    Lallana for permanent attacking mid.
  • Options
    Rooney is the most overrated player I've ever seen. He had one great season 4 years ago, the only time he could have ever been described as world class.
  • Options
    Get Andy Carroll on. Plan B.
  • Options
    Sounds like a rip snorter........
  • Options
    What's the point of only three subs? At least give a few more guys an attempt to impress. No Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barkley, Rodriguez? These are the games we need to give them minutes to see if they can perform, not waste them on auto-picks like Gerrard and Rooney.
  • Options
    Llallana has to start
  • Options
    Best attacking mid we have currently.
  • Options
    Lallana is the best player on the pitch. Could see he was a cracking player years ago when they played us at the Valley. Has to go, and should start. I'd also take Oxlade-Chamberlain, and that useless fat knacker Rooney should be on the bench.
  • Options
    Boom 1-0.

Sturridge, thanks to Lallana.
  • Options
    Big fan of Oxlade-Chamberlain....plays the game at pace (until that gets sucked out of him by England management)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perfect illustration of my point. Alive to the short corner, lovely trick to get past the defender and a quality ball into the box.
  • Options
    And Sturridge, in the centre forward position. Done.
  • Options
    Lallana is quality, no fear, something very rare in an England shirt.
  • Options
    Defense is shocking. How smalling gets a game is beyond me.
  • Options
    Lallana has to start games now. Really surprised one of the big clubs hasn't come in for him.
  • Options
    Sturbridge has a bit of Drogba about him. Some bits you like, others you hate.
  • Options

Why do people bother with these friendlies?

They are a complete waste of time until you are 2-3 games from a major tournament when they can affect selection.

(Ahem)

England have two more friendlies before the world cup...

:)
    Don't bring facts into it please mate.
  • Options
    The game of the night is taking place at The Pig Pen where the Aussies have surrendered a 3-0 lead to Ecuador and are now drawing 3-3.

If you are going to play friendlies then at least have a bloody go!
  • Options

The game of the night is taking place at The Pig Pen where the Aussies have surrendered a 3-0 lead to Ecuador and are now drawing 3-3.

4-3 Ecuador
  • Options
    Interesting to see confirmed what seemed plain to my eyes: Lallana looked so composed and a class above. He looked like he'd been playing international football for years. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.

Otherwise I think that we are trying to bed in too many young players. We really must call back John Terry. With him steadying the back line we should get out the group - otherwise I fear the worst. I would also take Lampard although not necessarily to start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

4-3 Ecuador
    Yes, in the 92nd minute.

Ecuador were a different team in the second half!
  • Options
    Lallana is class
  • Options
    I'm guessing the England match finished 1-0 ?

Marks out of 10 for England?
  • Options
    Just got in from the match. Barely any fringe players involved. The whole night was an exercise for players comfortable with their place in the squad to simply avoid any risk of injury. Pointless. Roll on Brazil.
  • Options
    Hart
    Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines
    Gerrard - Wilshere
    Townsend - Rooney - Lallana
    Sturridge

I don't think thats the worst team in the world, maybe it has a chance of finishing above one of Italy or Uruguay.
    Problem seems to be getting Sturridge and Rooney in the team. We want them both to be up top, but we don't want to see 4-4-2.
  • Options

Rooney is the most overrated player I've ever seen. He had one great season 4 years ago, the only time he could have ever been described as world class.

I have been saying this exact same thing for the past few years. That one good season 4 years ago was all down to playing in the same team as Ronaldo.

Completely ineffective for England. Ends up wandering all over the pitch and gets in the way of other players as a result (drops back into midfield far too often and it ends up congested).

If Hodgson wants to adopt the Liverpool style of play and he wants to go one up top as the focal point then it has to be Sturridge with Rooney on the bench. Shifting players around to accomodate him is a waste of time. Let him be an impact sub.

• Options
    Notable performances last night:

Sturridge - Good header for the goal, looked sharp in places and is probably our best striker

Lallana - Great player, should start for me. Technique and confidence created our goal

Shaw - From what I saw I liked. Bit of a unit, good pace and ball control. Probably the only position we have to leave someone at home who is good enough to be there

Smalling - Absolutely shocking. At one point made a run forward, tackled himself and came out limping

Johnson - Such a bad RB, and not as good going forward as he was. Really hope hes not our first choice as he's full of mistakes

Gerrard - Does what he does well, a good captain

Rooney - At 50p per second the guy is woeful

Stirling - Some good runs, no end product

Henderson - Thought he played pretty well and his ball through to Wellbeck was sublime and would have resulted in a goal if Wellbeck was anywhere close to being a professional footballer
  • Options
    I thought England were not too bad last night - they were clearly the better team and Demark are no mugs. The issue will be the heat in the World cup - so the game didn't tell me much - I think they have drawn the shortest of short straws with their first game (as have Italy) and however they do - It may take a lot out of them. If I was Hodgson, I would be looking to put out as young and as fit a team for that game as possible! The high humidity will probably favour Italy slightly too!
  • Options
    looking forward to the World Cup there is no chance of the Media building England up to something they can not achieve we all know the maximum that we can achieve is getting out the group.
    Therefore will be great to see Argentina --Spain---Uruguay etc can a European team win it out there ? Spain must have a great chance
  • Options
    Funny how people are saying "drop Rooney", as we have such an abundance of attacking options to put in place of him don't we?