Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Denmark

13»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

Funny how people are saying "drop Rooney", as we have such an abundance of attacking options to put in place of him don't we?

Wellbeck, Sturridge and Townsend or Sterling up to for me. I'm not saying drop Rooney, he's just not as good as people seem to say he is, particularly for the money he's being paid. I can't remember a game where he truly changed the game.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Funny how people are saying "drop Rooney", as we have such an abundance of attacking options to put in place of him don't we?

Wellbeck, Sturridge and Townsend or Sterling up to for me. I'm not saying drop Rooney, he's just not as good as people seem to say he is, particularly for the money he's being paid. I can't remember a game where he truly changed the game.
    He is also nowhere near as bad as many make him at to be. Unfortunately he seems to be the scapegoat for any failing England have.

Money has absolutely nothing to do with it. He is paid by Manchester United to be a footballer for their club, in their system. He isn't paid by Manchester United to play for England.

I don't understand why fans don't seem to get this every time a tournament comes around and the same old "overpaid this", "nurses only earn that" irrelevance comes out.
  • Options
    I think when it has really mattered Rooney has been abysmal at major tournaments.

Pundits and adverts well over-rate him so much that its easy to forget that he is a very good player indeed.

He will never be the player that will win a tournament on his own like Maradona and people need to understand that before using him as scapegoat.

But he has been an absolute let down at world cups there is no denying that.
  • Options

Welbeck? WELBECK? DANNY F*CKING WELBECK???

Naaah you're alright mate.

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

He is also nowhere near as bad as many make him at to be. Unfortunately he seems to be the scapegoat for any failing England have.

Money has absolutely nothing to do with it. He is paid by Manchester United to be a footballer for their club, in their system. He isn't paid by Manchester United to play for England.

I don't understand why fans don't seem to get this every time a tournament comes around and the same old "overpaid this", "nurses only earn that" irrelevance comes out.
    he's not awful, I'd say he is a fairly average member of the england starting line up, could easily be dropped for the bench and not irreplaceable in my opinion.
  • Options
    I think that all the England players are terrible, except the ones that aren't, but next game they might be bad and the bad ones good. I also think that friendlies are a waste of time except when they give new players a chance to show what they can do, unless they are seeing how the old players can work together, then they aren't. I know the current team/squad/tactics are the very worst in the world, and I am sure I could do a whole lot better, but I haven't got a clue how to go about that.

I blame the FA and Sven.

I think I will watch Big Brother repeats while the world cup is on.

Wibble...
  • Options
    A few months before a major tournament, Hodgson keeps on a player that was down in pain after a challenge and now it appears fractured his foot. Genius.

Wilshere now out for at least 6 weeks.
  • Options

A few months before a major tournament, Hodgson keeps on a player that was down in pain after a challenge and now it appears fractured his foot. Genius.

Wilshere now out for at least 6 weeks.

Hodgson isn't a medical man. He must of been passed fit by the medical staff.

No way would he would of played him if his staff had said he was injured imo.

• Options

Welbeck? WELBECK? DANNY F*CKING WELBECK???

Naaah you're alright mate.

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

he's not awful, I'd say he is a fairly average member of the england starting line up, could easily be dropped for the bench and not irreplaceable in my opinion.
    And here lies the problem with English football, the top earners like Messi, Ronaldo etc are capable of winning both games and possibly their countries the world cup. Our top earner is Mr Average who could easily be dropped and not irreplaceable.