Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet's contract situation **DieGONE - Signs for West Ham)**

Comments

• Options

He clearly can't say where he is going until his contract runs out - but as big a clue as you can get that it will be Chelsea. A rotten stinking club. But they do pay well.

Why can't he say where's he's going? Is it not possible he's still deciding?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I think that Diego posting lines like just driving back from Leeds and the Chelsea comment is done on purpose. This is to get a reaction from the fans who are desperate for him to stay. Yes it is twitter and people post all sorts of crap on there. I didn't say they spend all their time thinking about fans. But Diego knows exactly what he is doing and it is done to get a reaction. Some might call it fun and banter, I call it childish and unnecessary.

He is only 19 so use of social media is different to mine .

I like Facebook and Twitter, but I use them differently to teenagers . For me Twitter is an excellent news gathering service . An example would be the superb work done by the Journalist Peter Jukes during the Rebekah Brookes and Andy Coulson media hacking trial . Reading his Twitter feeds gave me a much better insight than a newspaper article written up the following day would have done.

Some youngsters really do give you chapter and verse about their day to day lives. I don't think Diego wants to wind us up and if he does leave Charlton he would still respect our club and the fans. We need to lighten up. A couple of days ago I posted a Facebook comment of a young Charlton supporter meeting Bob Peeters . The way some people analysed it you would think it was an official interview. Lets accept that the different generations communicate differently.

In terms of Diego I hope he stays , but it would not surprise me if he goes .He would depart with my best wishes unlike the likes of Defoe and Parker.
  • Options

I don't get how DP tweeting about the Club he supports (I think there is some sort of family connection) and a player that club has signed is "winding up" Charlton fans.

It is just twitter. Don't be so precious to think that players spend all their time thinking about fans or trying to wind them up. They don't.

Don't get upset scabbers, just take your own advice and "move on".
  • Options

He clearly can't say where he is going until his contract runs out - but as big a clue as you can get that it will be Chelsea. A rotten stinking club. But they do pay well.

Because he is under contract to the club possibly. I bet it gets announced the day his contract expires!
  • Options

Because he is under contract to the club possibly. I bet it gets announced the day his contract expires!
    He's in the last month of his contract, he can sign for whoever he wants and announce it whenever he wants. Just look at Hamer.
  • Options
    Well let's see when it is announced then.
  • Options

I don't get how DP tweeting about the Club he supports (I think there is some sort of family connection) and a player that club has signed is "winding up" Charlton fans.

It is just twitter. Don't be so precious to think that players spend all their time thinking about fans or trying to wind them up. They don't.

Don't get upset scabbers, just take your own advice and "move on".
    I have henners me old mucker, i am fully supporting Mr Buyens now

• Options
    I thought we would have known where he'll be next season by the time this thread reaches 1000 posts. Looks like that won't happen now with 968 posts already.
  • Options
    The club are clearly still trying to keep him - which they won't. And will have asked him not to announce anything - which they can as he is a Charlton player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have got no problem in this being kept secret until his contract expires. I think Charlton want to keep it quiet until they get a few players in.
  • Options
  • Options
    Richard J said:

dickplumb said:

I think that Diego posting lines like just driving back from Leeds and the Chelsea comment is done on purpose. This is to get a reaction from the fans who are desperate for him to stay. Yes it is twitter and people post all sorts of crap on there. I didn't say they spend all their time thinking about fans. But Diego knows exactly what he is doing and it is done to get a reaction. Some might call it fun and banter, I call it childish and unnecessary.

He is only 19 so use of social media is different to mine .

I like Facebook and Twitter, but I use them differently to teenagers . For me Twitter is an excellent news gathering service . An example would be the superb work done by the Journalist Peter Jukes during the Rebekah Brookes and Andy Coulson media hacking trial . Reading his Twitter feeds gave me a much better insight than a newspaper article written up the following day would have done.

Some youngsters really do give you chapter and verse about their day to day lives. I don't think Diego wants to wind us up and if he does leave Charlton he would still respect our club and the fans. We need to lighten up. A couple of days ago I posted a Facebook comment of a young Charlton supporter meeting Bob Peeters . The way some people analysed it you would think it was an official interview. Lets accept that the different generations communicate differently.

In terms of Diego I hope he stays , but it would not surprise me if he goes .He would depart with my best wishes unlike the likes of Defoe and Parker.

Completely agree, I've had Twitter longer than Diego, and written about a tenth as many tweets as him. People use it in different ways.

Fans are desperate for him to stay, so will over-analyse anything he says on there
  • Options
    If he was staying it would have been announced by now. He will already know where he is going too!
  • Options
    DP has known all along he's going, I doubt he had any intention of signing a new contract. He could make a statement, but no he feels the better option to drag this out. I'm not ITK but I'm sure the club would have offered him numerous options,but no this now appears about Diego's ego. Diego, have some class, do the right thing by the fans and the club who have supported you, make a statement, show some gratitude and then buzz off so we can all move on.

Follow Jonjo's lead, you can still get what you want and leave but show some respect.
  • Options
    Lets not burn our bridges though, he could come back on loan from his new parent club for the season
  • Options

Exactly what I was thinking
    Jackson made a comment is he trying to get a move as well then

Just because a player said Chelsea are a big club, does not mean he is trying to move there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How on earth is him saying Chelsea are a big club, the biggest clue you can get to him joining Chelsea
  • Options
    I was near Diego at the POTY evening when someone asked are you staying. Two of his mates were in earshot and laughed sarcastically.
    He's offski.
  • Options
    I don't think he said Chelsea are a big club - if he did that was not the quote I was referring too.
  • Options

I was near Diego at the POTY evening when someone asked are you staying. Two of his mates were in earshot and laughed sarcastically.
    He's offski.

i think its more the fact that every single charlton fan in the world has been tweeting him/asking him the exact same question for months.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I don't think he said Chelsea are a big club - if he did that was not the quote I was referring too.

His exact words was you cant blame fabregas for joining Chelsea, how could someone turn down joining a club like that,

which is a factually true statement
  • Options
  • Options
    I really don't think it's his fault if Charlton fans are looking for cryptic clues in everything that he says! Chelsea is the club his dad played for when he was a kid, he even joined them on the pitch after they won the FA Cup - not a huge surprise that he has an affinity for them, is it? I'd guess he's a Chelsea fan?

I think we're a bit deluded if we think everything he says is aimed at getting a response from us.
  • Options
    He starting to wind me up a little,

He is not bigger than us ... he needs to remember that
  • Options
    I'm just interested in where he's off too, and how much we get.
  • Options

He starting to wind me up a little,

He is not bigger than us ... he needs to remember that

Has he ever said or even hinted that he thinks that?