Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet's contract situation **DieGONE - Signs for West Ham)**

Comments

• Options

West Ham Central ‏@WestHam_Central 58 mins58 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Diego Poyet is close to joining Championship side MK Dons on loan. [KUMB]

....only posted for the 'LOLs'

A team with no history and a player with no future.
  • Options

Mk have a bench that needs warming

And they look better than West Ham's.
  • Options

I can't wait to throw things at him when we play them at home

Not until March 2016. MKD will have dropped him and sent him back by then.
  • Options
    although leaving us has not helped him football wise,i bet his pockets are full of gold,wonder which he likes best
  • Options
    Kings Hill Addick.I disagree with every word of your cynical post.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Mk have a bench that needs warming

And they look better than West Ham's.
    Looks like someone has nicked the wheels
  • Options
    Bigger and better things eh Diego
  • Options
    timken said:

Fair enough but a lot of it was facts. You can't, therefore, disagree with every word now, can you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

timken said:

Fair enough but a lot of it was facts. You can't, therefore, disagree with every word now, can you?
    I have been "flagged" four times, all of them for stating facts KHA. Some people are just like that...
  • Options

I do wonder if this year has affected his development. He was one, if not the, best player in our side for half a season. He played seven minutes of Premier League football and a couple of games on loan at Huddersfield. They didn't extend his loan and he was not even in their team by the end of the loan.

I was disappointed when he left (not angry) because I'd enjoyed watching him play. I'm not all that bothered about getting real money for players any more. We are the plaything of a multi-millionaire, that doesn't attend games, so there is no way to know what implication big transfer fees have on our squad, but I'm inclined to believe not very much.

If we'd sold Poyet next summer for £10m I don't, personally, believe we would have a bigger transfer kitty than his leaving for nothing (or a compensation package).

I thought he showed real promise and a maturity that most players don't have by the time they retire. I thought West Ham was a good club for him. I thought he'd play a bit. I don't follow West Ham so I don't know if they brought in many better players (Alex Song being one) of if Poyet was not as good as we thought but I do, now, wonder if he will ever see him achieve as much as I was convinced he would have done fifteen months ago. Time will tell.

kha, I pretty much agree with all of this.
  • Options
    I think he was ill advised in too much of a hurry to leave charlton As it didnt fit his profile any more,

He was without doubt a talented kid who when In the team played so well, I also believed he had the talent to go on to bigger and better things, I believed then as I do still now, that the only obstacle in Diegos way is Diego and his own ego, he has a bit of the Bostock about him and like Bostock he needs to drop a level to find himself
  • Options

I think he was ill advised in too much of a hurry to leave charlton As it didnt fit his profile any more,

He was without doubt a talented kid who when In the team played so well, I also believed he had the talent to go on to bigger and better things, I believed then as I do still now, that the only obstacle in Diegos way is Diego and his own ego, he has a bit of the Bostock about him and like Bostock he needs to drop a level to find himself

Oh the irony if his career goes the same way as Bostock, especially as the latter is now playing in Belgium
  • Options
    Poyet was excellent for us but West Ham's exit from the Europa Cup has done for him this season, even though they've not signed Alex Song for that position.

There'll be no extra appearance money coming our way this season. Probably the best we can hope for financially is that he does well at MK and West Ham sell him to a Championship club, generating a percentage sell-on fee over and above the undisclosed fee we received. How are Bristol City placed for midfielders ?

I suppose he could possibly return to the Happy Hammers next year and force his way into the side but they'll have splashed a further lot of cash in the transfer market by then and it's looking less likely. He's still only 20, though and a very talented player, so plenty of time to try and work his way up the ladder.
  • Options
    Why would someone do that ?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Blucher said:

Poyet was excellent for us but West Ham's exit from the Europa Cup has done for him this season, even though they've not signed Alex Song for that position.

There'll be no extra appearance money coming our way this season. Probably the best we can hope for financially is that he does well at MK and West Ham sell him to a Championship club, generating a percentage sell-on fee over and above the undisclosed fee we received. How are Bristol City placed for midfielders ?

I suppose he could possibly return to the Happy Hammers next year and force his way into the side but they'll have splashed a further lot of cash in the transfer market by then and it's looking less likely. He's still only 20, though and a very talented player, so plenty of time to try and work his way up the ladder.

How do we get appearance money when he was out of contract? I thought there was just a flat fee (possibly way below market value) when young players leave in those circumstances?

EDIT - I just looked it up, it appears there can be add ons, do we know this is the case here, or is it just speculation?
  • Options
    There are definitely add-ons (albeit undisclosed). My recollection is that this was mentioned informally by the club at one of the supporter meetings. In the absence of an agreement with West Ham, the Tribunal would (as they do in other cases) have made an award of an up-front fee plus additional scaled payments for appearances, a percentage of any sell-on profit etc., so you'd fully expect the deal reached to reflect that, especially as the initial fee presumably wasn't that large.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:

There are definitely add-ons (albeit undisclosed). My recollection is that this was mentioned informally by the club at one of the supporter meetings. In the absence of an agreement with West Ham, the Tribunal would (as they do in other cases) have made an award of an up-front fee plus additional scaled payments for appearances, a percentage of any sell-on profit etc., so you'd fully expect the deal reached to reflect that, especially as the initial fee presumably wasn't that large.

Which is why we should be hoping he does well rather than glorying in his set backs.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    West Ham signing Song before the dead line (He is injured at present).

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan believes the club have a deal in place to sign Alex Song from Barcelona, subject to a medical.
    But Sky sources understand no deal for him to move to Upton Park has yet been agreed and both Tottenham and Everton retain an interest in the player.
    Song played 31 times on loan with the Hammers last season and Sullivan insists the player must recover from an ongoing injury before undergoing a medical with the East London club.
    Speaking to West Ham fan website Knees Up Mother Brown (KUMB), he said: "We have a deal in place with Alex Song, subject to a medical, and, if the medical is okay, we'll take him.
    "He's a player we all admire and we just hope that the medical shows he's in a sufficient state for us to gamble
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Poyet is a better technical player than Cousins by quite some way IMO.

Hahahaha you're having a laugh aren't you? Poyets game is tackle - pass side ways, intercept - pass side ways - yellow card.
    So you've admitted that he can tackle, intercept and successfully pass. Doesn't sound bad to me.

Cousins, for all his effort and engine, gives the ball away way too often and isn't as physically strong as he looks.
    Cousins' touch is very hit-and-miss and his passing is at best inconsistent and at its worst, actually poor.

Poyet is streets ahead as a technical footballer. Or was at least. One of those players who doesn't NEED to waste energy covering every blade of grass because he plays the game in a different way yet still normally finds himself in a good position.

You never saw Scholes run marathons during games, and this allowed him to control the tempo.

I realise Poyet is nowhere near Scholes' level, and probably never will be, but stylistically at least, you get my point.
  • Options
    Poyet does a great job sitting in front of the back 4 cleaning up and keeps things simple. Does he fit into a 4-4-2 I'm not sure. He's definitely not a box to box midfielder. He's very continental in that sense. I'd have him back all day as he's good at what he does.
    In my eyes he's probably asked to go out on loan. Is there a future for him at West Ham? Depending on how patient he is I would say yes. Could learn loads from Alex Song
  • Options
    Think that you have hit the nail on the head with this one, he is a 'Pirlo' type midfielder that will sit very deep and attempt to dictate the play.

That is all very well, but it means that you then have to play two more central midfield players in there with him, which obviously then dictates the type of system you will need to play.

Possibly he will thrive more playing abroad than in England?
  • Options
    Personally I think 4-4-2 is dead. It's a very rigid formation with very little play.
  • Options
    The way people are waxing lyrical over Poyet you'd think he was pirlo

I think the sun has got to people's head, Poyet was class for us no doubt about it, he made a huge difference in our season, he left to go to wetspam and since then has failed to make the grade thus far, if he was as good as some are making out he wouldn't have ended up at West ham, if he was as good as some are making out he wouldn't be on loan to mk dons,

I'd he was going to be loaned out and he was still showing the kind of level he showed with us bigger and better clubs than mk would have been all over him

Maybe as a very young player breaking through he was top of the tree, but as he had matured and grown into the adult game he is no better than numerous others

Good luck to him I wish him well but let's not get carried away with how good he actually was or is now
  • Options
    PL54 said:
    All about the quality of the passing rather than number of passes imo as the MK result showed.
  • Options
    I always thought Poyet was a good Championship player (as proved with us) , but that he might struggle in Prem due to his lack of pace - also proved.