Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet's contract situation **DieGONE - Signs for West Ham)**

Comments

• Options

Lovely that there wasnt a mention of his time at Charlton there at all... West Ham Academy really has taken him for their own, thankfully he's chosen Uruguay (Didnt realise he went to the U20 World Cup with them this Summer) so they cant claim they produced another possible England World Cup winner
    You can be sure in time to come that there will be no mention of Charlton when the press write up about Joe Gomez. We are seemingly a trivial blot on the football landscape who irritatingly produce good home-grown talent.
  • Options

Lovely that there wasnt a mention of his time at Charlton there at all... West Ham Academy really has taken him for their own, thankfully he's chosen Uruguay (Didnt realise he went to the U20 World Cup with them this Summer) so they cant claim they produced another possible England World Cup winner
    As per usual. It seems those actually at the game don't agree Poyet had a good game:

'Sorry but both Oxford and Poyet were nothing better than average, also given this was a semi professional opponent too. Both need to start putting in standout performances to get a sniff at premier league game time. Oxford I can sympathise with because he was played out of position purposely yesterday for the first half, Poyet had his natural role and did nothing special whatsoever, just average. Josh Cullen is the one for me that didn't get the praise he deserves, 20 mins of game time and threw himself around, plus hit the bar with a great strike, exciting stuff from him.'

'Absolute rubbish. Poyet had a stinker by his standards, continuously gave the ball away but grew as the match went on with a bit more tenacity. He will prove to be a good player but lets not jump on a band wagon because he's a young talent.'

'Have to agree re. Poyet... wasn't good enough given this golden chance to shine.'
  • Options
    When you have suggested to a player's agent that he will be available for another season on loan somewhere else the least you can do is provide some quotes for his marketing DVD.
  • Options
    He was a good player but he didn't want to play for us.

Nove Om.
  • Options

Ugh. Any time someone uses the phrase 'the West Ham way' they should be shot

How should they be shot? "The West Ham way"
    The Church way. Or tickled with a feather, which would hurt more.
  • Options

Sorry but where does it say he came through the west ham academy

there was a couple of paragraphs on Poyet and that was it, why would they mention us, he has nothing to do with us anymore.

from skysports today:

POYET WANTS TO STAY

Diego Poyet is determined to establish himself in Slaven Bilic's West Ham side this season and avoid another loan spell.

The 20-year-old joined the Hammers from Charlton last summer but has only three Premier League appearances to his name after being sent out on loan at Huddersfield last season.

"My preference is to want to be at West Ham," he said, when asked if another loan move may be on the cards.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. I hope he does well, but only after he spends a couple of seasons of pure frustration on the fringes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need Diego Poyet to do well at West Ham in order to pick up our extra payments for appearances etc. Hard dosh will always top schadenfreude, certainly in our position, where the club is making a loss every year and we're trying to strengthen.

I don't care too much for the player's advisors (including his dad) but, lest we forget, he did make a major contribution to keeping us in this division. As for his few muted comments on Twitter, it was, indeed, a very difficult and unstable time at CAFC, plus he was only a teenager at the time.

If West Ham manage to sign Alex Song on a permanent basis (and he attended their game on Thursday), I don't doubt that Poyet will be sent out again on loan to a Championship club, especially as they've signed another midfielder, Pedro Obiang from Sampdoria.

Speaking of additional transfer payments, David Gold is asserting that they are working hard to get Carl Jenkinson in on a permanent basis. It's been previously reported that Arsenal are only willing to let him out on loan, although if there was a permanent transfer to West Ham or elsewhere, we'd hopefully pick up a decent sell-on percentage of Arsenal's profit if Carl went for £8 million or so.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

We need Diego Poyet to do well at West Ham in order to pick up our extra payments for appearances etc. Hard dosh will always top schadenfreude, certainly in our position, where the club is making a loss every year and we're trying to strengthen.

I don't care too much for the player's advisors (including his dad) but, lest we forget, he did make a major contribution to keeping us in this division. As for his few muted comments on Twitter, it was, indeed, a very difficult and unstable time at CAFC, plus he was only a teenager at the time.

If West Ham manage to sign Alex Song on a permanent basis (and he attended their game on Thursday), I don't doubt that Poyet will be sent out again on loan to a Championship club, especially as they've signed another midfielder, Pedro Obiang from Sampdoria.

Speaking of additional transfer payments, David Gold is asserting that they are working hard to get Carl Jenkinson in on a permanent basis. It's been previously reported that Arsenal are only willing to let him out on loan, although if there was a permanent transfer to West Ham or elsewhere, we'd hopefully pick up a decent sell-on percentage of Arsenal's profit if Carl went for £8 million or so.

I might be wrong, but I thought I read on here that any Sell-on clause for Jenkinson was sold by MS and TJ
  • Options
    That may be right, Paulie, but I hope not. I think Jenkinson was one of the few players in the England Under 21 side to enhance his reputation during the Euros.
  • Options
    A Sunderland fan told me that they were quoted £2m just to loan Jenkinson for the season , plus his wages !
  • Options
    Is there any truth that we would have got an extra payment for poyet following appearances in the Europa league under the terms of the tribunal payout? Or is it only if they qualify for the main part of the competition?

• Options

West Ham Central ‏@WestHam_Central 58 mins58 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Diego Poyet is close to joining Championship side MK Dons on loan. [KUMB]

....only posted for the 'LOLs'

mmm certainly done him a lot of good moving ... well at least it improved his bank balance if not his career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Needs to get in their team first. Couldn't even get in the Huddersfield team last season.
  • Options

Obviously can't resist the chance to link up with Churchy again.

If he had stayed we could have a Cousins and Poyet CM partnership which would have been one of the best in the league. His Dad should have advised him better to stay.

He did apparently.
  • Options
    Why didn't Daddy Gus take him to Sunderland when Diego was better than a couple of midfield players who were in the 1st team at the Estadio de luz.

Or Didn't Gus want his son to hear the stick he got every game.

Sometimes Nepotism isn't such a bad idea.
  • Options
    He should have stayed another season or two and would have improved further and definitely earned himself a move to a top top club like Gomez did.
  • Options
    If true that is an incredible signing for MK Dons.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

He should have stayed another season or two and would have improved further and definitely earned himself a move to a top top club like Gomez did.

Maybe, maybe not - but although very good (at Championship level) he was and never will be in Joe's class.

It's happened many times before where a very good prospect performing well at lower level just isn't good enough for the transition. The West Ham coaching staff are better placed to judge as they have seen him in training along with established prem players as the comparison. I hope I'm wrong as I wish Diego the very best in his career.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Agreed. I echo everyone else that has said it's a complete waste; for all parties concerned. We've lost out on having an excellent midfielder for the last couple of years, and he's lost out on doing the job he's spent his entire life training to do. According to Wikipedia he's on a four-year contract. With one year gone, and not much chance of getting involved this year, he'll be half way through by the end of the season... with two key years spent not playing.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Agreed. I echo everyone else that has said it's a complete waste; for all parties concerned. We've lost out on having an excellent midfielder for the last couple of years, and he's lost out on doing the job he's spent his entire life training to do. According to Wikipedia he's on a four-year contract. With one year gone, and not much chance of getting involved this year, he'll be half way through by the end of the season... with two key years spent not playing.
    And a change of manager which always makes it much harder for relatively unknown youngsters to break into the new bosses plans.